• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Grand List of Anime MBTI Types

moviconte

MBTI Type
INTP
Gon: ESFP - clearly
Killua: ENTP Trickster.
Kurapica: ISFJ -Revenge and solitude(I/F), Ryodan Pride (SJ). IxFJ's "Spider's" holocaust.
Leorio: ESTP - I concur.
Hisoka: ENTP Yet another Trickster.
I didn't see Killua as an Ne-dom. In fact, I think Gon might be more of an Ne user than Killua is. Killua was always the more down-to-earth one between the two, and I suppose one of them had to be since otherwise they would've gotten themselves killed more than once with Gon's off-the-wall plans. Kurapika's type looks spot on though. Here's what I'd guess:

Gon - ENFP - Think he showed a lot of evidence of using Ne.
Killua - ISTP - Seems to prefer to keep to himself more. Although that could be more of a by-product of his training than his actual nature...
Kurapika - ISFJ
Leorio - ESTX
Hisoka - ENTP - Doesn't the fact that he was able to come up with a horde of different uses for two seemingly plain abilities speak volumes about his Ne use? Very creative, and even more psychotic.
Kuroro - someone upthread said he was ENFJ, and I'm inclined to agree. He seemed more T when I first saw him, but after he, a hardened criminal, cried for his friend's death and then proceeded to demonstrate actual care for his subordinates, I changed my mind. Not to mention that he's freakishly good with people.

Too lazy to type the others, hah.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I didn't see Killua as an Ne-dom. In fact, I think Gon might be more of an Ne user than Killua is. Killua was always the more down-to-earth one between the two, and I suppose one of them had to be since otherwise they would've gotten themselves killed more than once with Gon's off-the-wall plans. Kurapika's type looks spot on though. Here's what I'd guess:

Gon - ENFP - Think he showed a lot of evidence of using Ne.
You have a point but think about his Se. His focus on this function heightened his senses. Smelling, tasting etc. Although I think they may have lessened this trait of his throughout the story. And consider how his character has this "feeling the moment" trait.

Also, care to show examples of his Ne? I remember he did but I can't point out examples.

Killua - ISTP - Seems to prefer to keep to himself more. Although that could be more of a by-product of his training than his actual nature...
I can see Ti Fe there but I'm not sure about his information preference. There was not much indication of Ne nor Se. Although I did see some theoretical reasoning within him followed by step by step Ti analyzation of enemies, and never Se.

Extrovert because he seems comfortable with his Fe even if he led a life of an assassin. Tertiary Fe seems more reasonable.

Leorio - ESTX
Ok...where is Leorio's Te and Si? I think he's more clumsily playful and open. He seems to show Tertiary Fe like Killua.

Kuroro - someone upthread said he was ENFJ, and I'm inclined to agree. He seemed more T when I first saw him, but after he, a hardened criminal, cried for his friend's death and then proceeded to demonstrate actual care for his subordinates, I changed my mind. Not to mention that he's freakishly good with people.
INFJ based only on how much he extroverted himself. Obvious Fe but I see a deeper Ni as compared to usual Fe.

Arthur Schopenhauer

What is, is.
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I have only a basic knowledge of personality types, so I am unable to accurately diagnose people, as of now.

I wonder if anyone can give me the type of Johan Liebert from the anime Monster. Also, Dr. Tenma, if you would be so kind.

I tried to diagnose Johan and I'm guessing, INTJ. I will defer to a more experienced analysis though.

ALSO, I forgot about this one, Alucard from Hellsing.

ANIME-SO-COOL

eagleseven

MBTI Type
INTJ
I have only a basic knowledge of personality types, so I am unable to accurately diagnose people, as of now.

I wonder if anyone can give me the type of Johan Liebert from the anime Monster. Also, Dr. Tenma, if you would be so kind.

I tried to diagnose Johan and I'm guessing, INTJ. I will defer to a more experienced analysis though.

ALSO, I forgot about this one, Alucard from Hellsing.

ANIME-SO-COOL
Tenma? ISTJ...attention to detail is critical for a surgeon, feelers have a difficult time with medical education, and Tenma clearly has the will to *spoilers*.

Johan? INTP...strong intuition, largely ignores any feelings he has, and revels in the creation of intellectually stimulating chaos. He kills for personal stimulation, not out of any sense of judgment upon others or society.

Of course, I'm an amateur typer...

JFrombaugh

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Im-a take my shot at Pokemon

Ash Ketchum: ESFP
Misty: ENFJ
Brock: ISTJ (normally) ENFP (after seeing a pretty girl)
Jessie: ENTJ
James: ENTP
Gary: ESTP

Officer Jenny: ESTJ
Nurse Joy: ISFJ
Sakura (Kimono girl): INFP
Max: INTP
May: INFP
Drew: ISTP

Dawn: ESFP or ISFP (confident, energetic & charming but also is often seen off on her own training & seems to usually sleep in a separate tent from the boys)
Paul: ISTP
Cynthia: INFJ

moviconte

MBTI Type
INTP
You have a point but think about his Se. His focus on this function heightened his senses. Smelling, tasting etc. Although I think they may have lessened this trait of his throughout the story. And consider how his character has this "feeling the moment" trait.

Also, care to show examples of his Ne? I remember he did but I can't point out examples.
I think his Ne moments were probably when he came up with weird plans of escape (i.e., during the hunter exam and then later when captured by Nobunaga). He might just be borderline N/S.

I can see Ti Fe there but I'm not sure about his information preference. There was not much indication of Ne nor Se. Although I did see some theoretical reasoning within him followed by step by step Ti analyzation of enemies, and never Se.

Extrovert because he seems comfortable with his Fe even if he led a life of an assassin. Tertiary Fe seems more reasonable.
I might be getting the Se part muddled with the fact that he was trained to be an assassin, but I remember moments where he was very excited by battle and action in a similar manner to Hisoka. Gon had those moments too, IIRC.

I also don't see him as being all too comfortable with Fe. He seems overly paranoid and isn't very comfortable with anyone but Gon. Though, once again, that's a result of his training, which ends up influencing his personality.

Ok...where is Leorio's Te and Si? I think he's more clumsily playful and open. He seems to show Tertiary Fe like Killua.
I think you've got a point with this one.

INFJ based only on how much he extroverted himself. Obvious Fe but I see a deeper Ni as compared to usual Fe.
Yeah, his Ni does seem more apparent than his Fe. It feels like his Fe was stifled due to the environment he grew up in. Either way the Ni is really strong...

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I might be getting the Se part muddled with the fact that he was trained to be an assassin, but I remember moments where he was very excited by battle and action in a similar manner to Hisoka. Gon had those moments too, IIRC.

How much does "excitement from battle" show Se? Does this mean Hisoka is also ESTP?

But perhaps present stimulation can come from both present sensual experience and present idea?

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyF51rKxitA"]jjj[/YOUTUBE]

Unlike Gon's usual "instinct like" battle tactic, I think his battle style(from vid) focuses too much on theoretical play...or Ne "experiment".(though that's only from one battle)

----

Considering how Killua lead a life of much solitude, I really don't see how it's easy for him to express himself. Usually, when you have an Inferior Fe and have no practice in that function at all, there's a tendency that you'll sound clumsy when speaking; Killua is quite comfortable at it.

Though he does choose his friends selectivity, I don't think it's difficult for him to approach people and for people to approach him. His control over his Fe is exaggerated seeing as that he was a lone assassin. Therefore, I think instead of saying "He's an introvert because of his past occupation", it's much more reasonable to say "He's developed his introverted function because of his past occupation".

moviconte

MBTI Type
INTP
How much does "excitement from battle" show Se? Does this mean Hisoka is also ESTP?
I thought Se users would enjoy action a lot. In Hisoka's case I think his Ne happens to trump his Se, but I didn't see that in Killua. I felt like his battles were more based on Ti than anything else--like in the vid you link, he starts off by analyzing, "In terms of attacks and physical strength, I'm slightly stronger, but in terms of aura, I'm probably weaker" and he continues to do this throughout. He talks of experimenting, but I feel like an Ne-dom would need more off-the-wall ideas. Ti looks more prone to do the kind of experimenting he chose.

Considering how Killua lead a life of much solitude, I really don't see how it's easy for him to express himself. Usually, when you have an Inferior Fe and have no practice in that function at all, there's a tendency that you'll sound clumsy when speaking; Killua is quite comfortable at it.

Though he does choose his friends selectivity, I don't think it's difficult for him to approach people and for people to approach him. His control over his Fe is exaggerated seeing as that he was a lone assassin. Therefore, I think instead of saying "He's an introvert because of his past occupation", it's much more reasonable to say "He's developed his introverted function because of his past occupation".
That's an interesting thing with inferior Fe...I seem to have that problem, hah. But also feel like his past occupation's influence on his personality is not about to let up, and that the introverted function he practiced is here to stay.

Harold Saxon

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Tenma? ISTJ...attention to detail is critical for a surgeon, feelers have a difficult time with medical education, and Tenma clearly has the will to *spoilers*.

Johan? INTP...strong intuition, largely ignores any feelings he has, and revels in the creation of intellectually stimulating chaos. He kills for personal stimulation, not out of any sense of judgment upon others or society.

I disagree, Tenma is most certainly an Fi-dominant, and is very abstract and intuitive - INFP all the way.

Johan strikes me as more of an INTJ. He doesn't kill out of personal stimulation per se, as he actually gets no enjoyment out of his kills. Rather, he seeks to bring about the end of the world, and be the last person alive at the end. He's also a very meticulous planner, coming up with elaborate plans that take over 10 years to come into fruition.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I thought Se users would enjoy action a lot. In Hisoka's case I think his Ne happens to trump his Se, but I didn't see that in Killua. I felt like his battles were more based on Ti than anything else--like in the vid you link, he starts off by analyzing, "In terms of attacks and physical strength, I'm slightly stronger, but in terms of aura, I'm probably weaker" and he continues to do this throughout. He talks of experimenting, but I feel like an Ne-dom would need more off-the-wall ideas. Ti looks more prone to do the kind of experimenting he chose.

Consider this certain thought process of Killua.Read 8 to 14.. And Consider the "ifs". He creates a theory and searches for evidence but found counter-evidence and dismissed it.

Yet perhaps it could be Ni?

But about SP's Ni, I don't think SP's are generally confident with using it. At least, The SP's I know don't even possess even a little hint of Ni. (even if they're suppose to have it.)They're very "now". What do you think about SP's Ni?

Johan strikes me as more of an INTJ. He doesn't kill out of personal stimulation per se, as he actually gets no enjoyment out of his kills. Rather, he seeks to bring about the end of the world, and be the last person alive at the end. He's also a very meticulous planner, coming up with elaborate plans that take over 10 years to come into fruition.

I agree that he's quite a planner.

iamathousandapples

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6
How about Azumanga Daioh characters?

Sakaki- INFJ
Tomo- ESxP
Chiyo- xxxJ (if I had to guess I'd say ISFJ)
Kagura- ISTP
Yomi- ISTJ
Osaka- INFP
Yukari- ENTP

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Sakaki- INFJ
Tomo- ESxP
Kagura- ISTP
Yomi- ISTJ
Osaka- INFP
Yukari- ENTP
I agree with these.
Tomo seems more ESTP than ESFP so Id go with ESTP.
Chiyo is debatable however I too would say ISFJ.

iamathousandapples

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6
Here's another one: Kare Kano

Yukino Miyazawa:ESFJ
Soichiro(sp?) Arima:ISTJ(hard to tell)
Asaba: ESTP
Sakura: ISTP
Tsubasa: ESFP(an extremely unhealthy one at that)
Maho: INTJ
Tonami: ISFJ(another one that's hard to tell)

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Hmm...I'll try FMA (manga).
Edward: INFJ (He seems to prefer to keep to himself, although his close relationships are very close, good at improvising, smart, but mostly puts morals to everything he does obviously)
Alphonse: INFP
Winry: ENFP
Mustang: ENFP (He can let his emotions overtake him pretty easily, although at first I thought ENTP)
Hawkeye: Good INTJ
Father: Bad INTJ
Hoenheim: INTP
Kimblee: ESTP?
Lust: ISFJ
Gluttony: INFP
Envy: ENTP
Greed: ESTJ
Sloth: ISTJ? (I really don't know much about Sloth, so if anyone can do better go for it)
Wrath: ESTJ
Pride: ISTJ
Scar: ISFJ
Alex Armstrong: ESFP
Olivier Armstrong: INTJ
Fu: Hard to type, like Sloth I don't really know about this character, but if I would have to guess I'd say ESTJ
Lan Fan: INFP
Lin: ENTJ/P?
May: ENFP

Last edited:

the soulless one

MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
Found this thread as trackback from the HxH Killua vid posted (which I ironically am the uploader of =P)

I go more by socionics than anything, but fwiw, I have typed the cast as:

Gon: ESFp
Killua: INTp (duals in socionics and the information elements make sense to me). I see him as an introvert and being too receptive of Se and Fi to think him ENTp as some people think (people prior have suggested such, though I stand by my opinion)
Kurapika: ISFj (Togashi likes to make ISFjs with a very wise and intellectual bent)
Leorio: ENTj
(full Gamma in socionics theory)
Hisoka: ENTp (iconic slightly demented ENTp caring nothing of Fi who is tricky and cunning.)
Kuroro: ENFj
And I'm too lazy to go on.

I could go on with other series, but I understand this is more an MBTI board than socionics, so w/e.

chihuahuasrluv

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3

Sakaki- INFJ
Tomo- ESxP
Kagura- ISTP
Yomi- ISTJ
Osaka- INFP
Yukari- ENTP

Tomo - ESTP
Chiyo - ISFJ
Sakaki - I'm torn between INFP & INFJ
Osaka - ENFP
Kaorin - INFP or ISFP
Nyamo - xSTJ or xSFJ
Kimura - xSxP

DawnBreak

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
How about Hellsing? Here's my initial guesses, feel free to constructively comment.
Alucard-ENTJ
Seras Victoria-ESFJ
Integra Hellsing-INTJ
Walter Dornez-INTP
The Major-ENTP
Luke Valentine-ISTP
Jan Valentine-ESTP
Alexander Anderson-ESTJ
Maxwell-ENFJ

chihuahuasrluv

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3

Sakaki- INFJ
Tomo- ESxP
Kagura- ISTP
Yomi- ISTJ
Osaka- INFP
Yukari- ENTP

This got me to pull out my box set. The more I watched the more I believe Sakaki is an INFP. She doesn't have a competitive bone in her body.

Also could Osaka be a daydreaming ISFP?