• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Grand List of Anime MBTI Types

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Costrin, what's your argument for Edward Elric being an INTJ?

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Costrin, what's your argument for Edward Elric being an INTJ?

Idk... stuff. What type do you think he is?

He is a loner, rejects emotions (and doesn't seem to understand them) and irrationality. Comes up with creative solutions to problems on the fly, like his battle with Greed. Gets very deep into his study of alchemy, but not a lot of breadth more common to INTPs, very hard working. Sometimes just "know" the answer. Doesn't care about other people, not even for "using" them.

So yeah...

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Ghost in the Shell:

Matoko - INTJ
Batou - ESTP
Aramaki - ISTJ
Tachikomas - ENFP
Togusa - INFJ

Haven't watched this in a while... need to refresh my memory.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
These seemed like pretty good guesses:
Alphonse - INFP
Edward - INTJ
Mustang - ENTP
Scar - ISTJ
imo

more later... if I feel like it.

Yes you did. It's ok, I won't tell.

Hohenheim - INTP
Father - ENTJ
Greed - ESTP
Winry - ENFJ

I wonder if I'm projecting some N...
About Edward, though, I didn't know what to think.

You make some good points. Maybe it's strange to have an INTJ "hero," and a relatively optimistic one at that, but your explanation sounds possible.

TheEmeraldCanopy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
I can see INTJ in Edward I think... the only thing that pulls me away from that description is that he seems to have an extremely short temper (that he shows), and he seems to be perfectly fine being outspoken every once and awhile.

I can actually see ESTP in him when I think about it, :huh: but INTJ also fits.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Any Mushishi fans? What would you say is Ginko's type? INFP?

Cenomite

Systematic chaos
MBTI Type
ENTP
Lelouch (Code Geass) is awesome, but I'm surprised people type him as ENTP. I'm curious, what exactly makes him ENTP to you guys?

blanclait

MBTI Type
ENTP
Lelouch (Code Geass) is awesome, but I'm surprised people type him as ENTP. I'm curious, what exactly makes him ENTP to you guys?

i heard ENFJ from some people based on his actions in R2.
i think he cares too much about the people & friends to be NT imo.

my best is ENFJ

but its bit confusing though. i felt his character was bit inconsistant with r1.

I'll do a series i guess:
idk if anyone watches this though. Probably some NF members do.

CLANNAD

Okazaki Tomoya - ISTP
Sunohara Youhei - ESFP
Sunohara Mei - ISFJ
Fujibayashi Kyou - ESFP
Fujibayashi Ryou - INFJ
Ichinose Kotomi - INTJ
Ibuki Fuko - ISFP
Sakagami Tomoyo - ESTJ
Furukawa Nagisa - ISFJ

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
i heard ENFJ from some people based on his actions in R2.
i think he cares too much about the people & friends to be NT imo.

my best is ENFJ

but its bit confusing though. i felt his character was bit inconsistant with r1.

*insert rant about R2 suckage here*

I'll do a series i guess:
idk if anyone watches this though. Probably some NF members do.

CLANNAD

Okazaki Tomoya - ISTP
Sunohara Youhei - ESFP
Sunohara Mei - ISFJ
Fujibayashi Kyou - ESFP
Fujibayashi Ryou - INFJ
Ichinose Kotomi - INTJ
Ibuki Fuko - ISFP
Sakagami Tomoyo - ESTJ
Furukawa Nagisa - ISFJ

Most of those sound good. I disagree though on Tomoyo. She seems introverted to me. ISTJ.

blanclait

MBTI Type
ENTP
^
hmm..

Basically, I assumed tomoyo was ESTJ due to the fact she likes to become the school pres. Fight against injustice by beating those gang members. And she seem to be popular and hangs around with some other people.

But then again, i never played tomoyo's route or tomoyo after.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
^
hmm..

Basically, I assumed tomoyo was ESTJ due to the fact she likes to become the school pres. Fight against injustice by beating those gang members. And she seem to be popular and hangs around with some other people.

Idk, her popularity seems to come mostly from her martial prowess. Fighting injustice could be either E/I. She doesn't seem to talk as much though. Not much more than necessary. Seems to just want to fulfill her own goals, and other people don't particularly matter. She doesn't seem to have a lot of friends.

*insert disclaimer about not having watched in a while*

But then again, i never played tomoyo's route or tomoyo after.

Me neither. I'm just going off the anime. :p I cant read Japanese dang it, hurry up with that translation.

Gingerale-san

MBTI Type
INFP
Here's my disagreements to what's already been said:
I think Kenshin is an INFP, and I think Ichigo is some kind of introverted perciever. I always thought Leleuch was an INTP. I actually had Kakashi typed as an ISTP. Gin and Aizen were mentioned. I think Aizen is an INTP, and Gin is either the same or an S. I'm surprised Rukia is so hard to type. I never expected to have this much trouble with her. I saw her typed somewhere on this thread as an INFP, and I'm pretty resistant to this typing. I find her surprisingly difficult for me to read and relate too, in the way I usually react to SPs.

blanclait

MBTI Type
ENTP
^
you should support your point if you disagree.

for eg. ichigo I certainly don't believe ichigo is IXXP

1. INFP is definitely no
2. INTP is unlikely no
As both suffer from low sensing preference. While NF and NT exhibits a particular trait which i cant find in him at all.

We can tell during his school life he cares great for what others tihnk of him. As one of the chapters quote "this image i built all these years", etc. when his clone came and kinda screwd around

Here we get split b/w ISTP, ISFP, ISTJ, ISFJ.
We can tell this guy is obsessed with protecting stuff.
Protecting that spirit ghost, etc.
Like he belives he must protect his "nakamas" and all that shonen stuff.

definitely doesn't do stuff for the thrills, as he never engages in stuff for the fun of it. Like let say Renji does.

So b/w ISFJ vs ISTJ
I say ISFJ.
but not extreme should be near borderline.

b/c this guy loves to dive into the impossible.

Gingerale-san

MBTI Type
INFP
Alright, I see where you're coming from. ISFJ does make sense. I guess it's when he's interacting with Byakuya that makes me think he's a P, but that may be his F vs. Byakuya's T rather than a battle of P and J, as the language of the dialogue sometimes suggests. The strongest position I'll hold onto is that I don't think he's an E.

MBTI Type
INxJ
Zero: ENTJ
Lelouch: INTJ

His character in Code Geass & R2 are inconsistent. However, that doesn't make him a dominant feeler by any means.

blanclait

MBTI Type
ENTP
^
* leadership skills
* intelligent
* precise
does not always equal to XNTJ
or NT

Lelouch involves himself in all those conflicting situations (despite NF's distaste for them) b/c he wants to create this peaceful "idealistic" world for nunally.

He doesn't gamble and destroy the britannians just b/c he likes controlling, etc. But he harbors hatred towards them for their attitude towards others & the past.
Which Lelouch does by skipping class. And throughout the series I don't see any part of him that is dedicated to learning/knowledge. I have yet to see a NT trait from him. b/c we alrdy know he has all 4 functions well developed.

Other NF example shown are:
- If suzaku and I work together, we can overcome anything.
And he works toward his ideal working partner, even if it meant screwing up countless battles.

- R2 End. Lelouch does NOT kill the prisoners and even prisons his allies. If he did kill (doesn't even have to be all, but few), the effects would have been further dramatized. But he does not. And the fact he prisoned some of his team members to make them hate him shows concerns for them. As if lelouch died at this point there would be no psychological drawbacks for them.

-R2 Requiem - For humanity. Typical NF SJ thing.

MBTI Type
INxJ
Lelouch involves himself in all those conflicting situations (despite NF's distaste for them) b/c he wants to create this peaceful "idealistic" world for nunally.

He doesn't gamble and destroy the britannians just b/c he likes controlling, etc. But he harbors hatred towards them for their attitude towards others & the past. Which Lelouch does by skipping class. And throughout the series I don't see any part of him that is dedicated to learning/knowledge. I have yet to see a NT trait from him. b/c we alrdy know he has all 4 functions well developed.

Other NF example shown are:
- If suzaku and I work together, we can overcome anything.
And he works toward his ideal working partner, even if it meant screwing up countless battles.

- R2 End. Lelouch does NOT kill the prisoners and even prisons his allies. If he did kill (doesn't even have to be all, but few), the effects would have been further dramatized. But he does not. And the fact he prisoned some of his team members to make them hate him shows concerns for them. As if lelouch died at this point there would be no psychological drawbacks for them.

-R2 Requiem - For humanity. Typical NF SJ thing.

I'll agree he's idealistic. He loves his sister without a doubt, but I see him using everyone else as a pawn. Even Suzaku. He is the very definition of machiavellian. xNTJs definitely have the ability to harbor disdain, especially if they felt it was a serious wrong doing. Lelouch fell into it, because he came across a being that had magic. I think his hunger for the newly acquired power, was justified with other reasons like his sister. He could be an ENTP. He seems meta-intuitive.

I never finished R2. Watched half, I think. So, I can't fully analyze him. He seemed to display a great character shift though.