• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Grand List of Anime MBTI Types

Chunes

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Any normal F would value a person's life more than his duties.
The ending? What you mean when he when he became allies with lelouch because he became the leader of britannia and when he killed lelouch because thats how lelouch wanted to create peace in the country? Sounds a lot like an STJ trait to kill your closest friend for authority's sake.

No, he consistently showed that if you disobey the rules, you die. Even when saved he still tries to kill his saviour for the sake of authority.
He has the belief that authority comes before personal matters. And of course his thoughts would be on when things become personal to him in the show.

Did we watch the same show? :huh:

Your interpretation is so outrageous it comes off to me as massively missing the point.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This must be the most idiotic thing I have ever read. Like, ever. Intuitors, by definition, live inside their heads. Their actions reflect the result of their thought process and may contravene their actual intentions. This is especially true in the case of NJs, whose actions are deliberate steps taken in the direction of achieving some grand master plan, and always bear in mind variables, how the rest of the world will react, etc.
[removed]. In fact if what you are saying is true, then you are proving my point correct of the character as his actions [removed]
By the way Si is all in the head as well. So IXSJs use their heads before they perform an action. [removed]

Last edited by a moderator:

Harold Saxon

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5

I don't think so, Chunes. Let's see... becoming the continual face of rebellion and resistance to authority - ST my aching ass. Nevermind the fact that he's in on Lelouch's plan shortly before Lelouch becomes Emperor, and so was actually engaging in flagrant treason.

Oakysage said:
"An emotional reaction based on his ideals" You mean when he wanted the war to stop and the only way he could think of was to kill his father?

Yes, I mean when he saw that his father's actions would cost more lives than it would save, and thus decided to take action, murdering his father and betraying his nation in order to save Japanese lives. This is one of the most blatant examples of an NFJ action, especially when you factor in how his ultimate goal throughout the series is autonomy and freedom for 11s.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Your interpretation is so outrageous it comes off to me as massively missing the point.
I'm sorry for my lack of ability to communicate. Indeed though ISFJ would be my next type for Suzaku.

Chunes

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Suzaku foibled the rules to save lives: his first military mission and the time he personally stopped the massacre on the exodus of 11s dressed as Zero come to mind.

Harold Saxon

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
In fact if what you are saying is true, then you are proving my point correct of the character as his actions
By the way Si is all in the head as well. So IXSJs use their heads before they perform an action.

Wow, so you feel the need to resort to ad hominem attacks when proven wrong? And yes, all people use their heads before performing an action - but actions do not show intentions, do not show thoughts, do not show personality. What shows thoughts? Oh, that's right - thoughts show thoughts.

Suzaku's thoughts are clearly shown. His actions are shown to be a part of a wider plan of his that is to end up subverting previous actions, to attain the same end goal as Lelouch's actions - the difference being that the two plans come into conflict over the question of means. This is the core aspect of their conflict, and I don't see how you could have watched the show and missed this core element. You either only watched an episode or two, were high while watching it, or were simply not paying any attention.

Last edited by a moderator:

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Now that I think about it, Suzaku seems to have large amount of Fi. Soft but also deadly.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Wow, so you feel the need to resort to ad hominem attacks when proven wrong? And yes, all people use their heads before performing an action - but actions do not show intentions, do not show thoughts, do not show personality. What shows thoughts? Oh, that's right - thoughts show thoughts.
I would have you look at his posts. Not this one. Don't assume I am assuming what he is like based on that one post.
Suzaku's thoughts are clearly shown. His actions are shown to be a part of a wider plan of his that is to end up subverting previous actions, to attain the same end goal as Lelouch's actions - the difference being that the two plans come into conflict over the question of means. This is the core aspect of their conflict, and I don't see how you could have watched the show and missed this core element. You either only watched an episode or two, were high while watching it, or were simply not paying any attention.
What's his wider plan? He has no plan but to think that everything will work out if he follows what authority says. They may have the same goal but Lelouche certainly comes off as a larger Ni planner than Suzaku. Suzaku's plans are too simple.

Chunes

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Not too simple—too gentle and idealistic. As we've been trying to indicate, his actions are not allied with authority at all, but rather whatever the kindest means are to achieve his ends. That just so happens to involve working with the existing authority for quite some time. He readily ditches his allegedly beloved authority when it no longer supports his goals.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Paraphrasing: "I submit." Glad to hear it. :smoke:
Stick to your delusions. It's always the fun way out.

Not too simple—too gentle and idealistic. As we've been trying to indicate, his actions are not allied with authority at all, but rather whatever the kindest means are to achieve his ends. That just so happens to involve working with the existing authority for quite some time. He readily ditches his allegedly beloved authority when it no longer supports his goals.
Hmmm. This could be based on the difference in how we see him. Whereas the reasons didn't go very far as to how he wanted to change from the inside or at least as much as I can remember. If he indeed had a more well rounded plan I can consider Ni yet we know not much of his plan so how would we know? Also we are typing him based on perception of the facts. And if we perceive the facts differently then what we type him may be very different. I will accredit INFJ to see it from a different standpoint. My initial impression however, was ISXJ.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Rurouni Kenshin
Kenshin: INFJ (despite some crazily INFP moments)
Saito: INTJ or ISTJ (I lean toward N)
Kaoru: ESFJ
Yahiko: ESTJ
Sano: ESFP
Shishio: XNTX or XSTP
Aoshi: INTJ or ISTJ
Hannya: ISTJ
Ayame and Tsuzume: EFJ (won't know N/S until they're older)
Shogo: ENFJ
Jinne: ESTP or ISTP
Hiko-sama: ENTJ
Okina: ENFP
Misao:ESFJ

Inuyasha
Kagome: ESFJ
Inuyasha: ISTP?
Sesshomaru: INTJ
Shippo: ENFP?
Jakken: ISFJ
Sango: ISFJ
Muroku: ENFP

YuYu Hakusho
Yusuke: ISTP?
Kuwabara: ESFP
Keiko: ESFJ
Hiei: INTJ (he has a hidden Fi that pops up every once in awhile)
Kurama: INFP (he practically speaks Fi)
Genkai: XXTJ

Tsubasa:
Kurogane: ISTP
Fai: ENFP (only we dress that pimped out)
Sakura: ENFJ
Syaoran: INFJ or ISFJ
Yuko: ESTJ?

DBZ
Goku: ESFP
Gohan: INFP
Piccolo: ISTP
Trunks: ESTP
Vegeta: ENTJ
Freeza: ENTJ
Nappa: ESTP

Samurai Warriors (okay, it's a game, but still)
Kenshin: ISTJ Hanzo: ISTJ Tadakatsu: ISTJ Ranmaru: ISFJ Ina: ISFJ or ISTJ
Yukimura: ESFJ
Keiji: ESFP Goemon: ESFP Okuni: ISFP or INFP
Magoichi: ENFP Kunoichi: ENFP Yoshimoto: ENFP Oichi: ENFJ
Mitsuhide: INFJ, INFP, or INTJ
Hideyoshi: ENTP Nobunaga: INTJ Noh: INTJ Shingen: ENTJ Date: ENTJ

.hack//sign
Tsukasa: INFP, Mimiru: EXFX, Bear: ENTX, BT: INTJ or ISTP, Crim: ENFP, Sora: ENFP, Silver Night: ESTJ, Tsubaru: INFJ,

.hack//legend of the Twilight
Shugo: INFP, Raina: ESFJ, Hot Wolf Chick: XSFP, Balmung: XNXJ, Sajiro: ISTP, Goofy dude with french accent: ESFP

.hach//roots
Ovan: INTJ, Tawalaia: ESFP, Haseo: ISTP?

Descendants of Darkness
Tsuzuki: ENFP, Hisoka: INFJ, Dr. Muraki: INTJ

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Stick to your delusions. It's always the fun way out.

Hmmm. This could be based on the difference in how we see him. Whereas the reasons didn't go very far as to how he wanted to change from the inside or at least as much as I can remember. If he indeed had a more well rounded plan I can consider Ni yet we know not much of his plan so how would we know? Also we are typing him based on perception of the facts. And if we perceive the facts differently then what we type him may be very different. I will accredit INFJ to see it from a different standpoint. My initial impression however, was ISXJ.

I don't think he would've joined Lelouch in the last minute if he had that personality. Also, he betrayed his fellow comrades, the system, for the sake of his plans, making me think Ni>Si. He desires "change" more than tradition.

ken888

in my opinion, probably most anime characters are SPs(action-seeking temperament) of some sort. no doubt i could be wrong. but consider that sometimes when we see some fictional character that we admired, there may be a tendency for us to group them under the same type as ours. So N types might subconsciously view Ns as the minority superior being and hence type those admirable figures with Ns.

Rainne

One day and the next
MBTI Type
ISTP
I should probably take this thread seriously =(

<- will go watch an anime and report back his results

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
@ken888 Admiration comes from similarities or beliefs and ambitions preferred by the viewers. There is a tendency to like a character if one can "connect" with the character.

But yes, that is a possibility. But may I ask for an example?

@Rainne

o.o

ken888

sometimes i doubt that alot of self-typed Ns were actually Ns. I mean people like to be unique and special, and N types being the minority..so you know what i mean, and think about the descriptions; imaginative, out-of-the-box thinking, conceptual etc. and S types; practical, down-to-earth, etc. It appears that N characteristics seem more desirable.(yes subjective, but just making an expectation) So talking about connections, maybe those Ns who admired some specific anime characters and typed them as Ns may actually be S types and when they feel a connection with the fictional people, they thought hey since im N typed, then probably they too must be N types.

alot of anime characters seemed to have the traits typical of SPs; action-seeking, adventurous, daring, artistic, very observant(se), talking about facts or concrete descriptions. Alot self-typed Ns here seem to talk more about captivative movie stars or fictional characters than more probable Ns like Einstein, Feynman, Ramanujan etc..

But in the end, everything is open to doubt.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Typing Fictional characters tend to be "incomplete" but what you are describing here is simply a part of the many "incompetency" of some people in more objectively typing characters.

Everything is open to analysis and discussion, It's not always purely a bias. It could be a factor in some people, but I don't think this problem is large in scale.

Anyways, What specific characters do you believe are victims of this problem?

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Arakawa Under the Bridge

Nino- INxP, apathetic but...

Invisiblemonkey

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I'd just like to step in for a moment to say that I'm glad I missed the flame war flaming troll.
Also, I'd have to say that it depends on the character that you're talking about, ultimately the disposition of the characters is determined by the genre of the series. There is, however, nothing to prevent an xNTx villain from being in place, due to the fact that masterminds work in nearly every conflict-based form of fiction.

ilovereeses

MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
9w8
Just finished Vampire Knight. (It was amazing o_o) These are my guesses:

Yuuki: ENFP
Kaname: ESFJ
Zero: ISTP
Yori: INTP
Chairman: ENFJ

What do you guys think?