• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Khaleesi from Game of Thrones

Khaleesi

• INFP

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • ISFP

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • INFJ

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • INTJ

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • other MBTI

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • 9w8

• 9w1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1w9

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • 1w2

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • 8w9

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • 1w2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2w1

• 6w7

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • 6w5

• other Enneagram

• Sp/Sx

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Sx/Sp

• Sx/So

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • So/Sx

• Sp/So or So/Sp

• Total voters

Animal

So carnal it's spiritual
MBTI Type
SeFi
Enneagram
I don't think heart first. neither 2, 3 or 4 seem to work for her. I still think she's a 9w8 in the process of integrating to 3 (the point about putting up with abuse from her brother was the main reason I think she isn't an 8. 8s do not need to learn to stand up for themselves. they do will do so even as toddlers)
Yeah, the only reason I was willing to let the abuse go is because it's fiction & sometimes the characters' e-types aren't consistent. But then it seemed like a repeating pattern where she put herself in vulnerable positions.

What about E-4 though? She is interested in personal significance... and there would be that line to 1 with her social justice leanings.

R

Riva

If I was her brother I would have pinched her cheeks everyday. Anyway I thought she was an obvious infp. Enneagram not sure. Either a 1 or a 9. 1>9 she is I believe. Clearly not a 4 which is the most common etype for infps. Regarding her desire to claim the throne; it is less an ambitious and more of a sense of duty. she believes she has to do it and not doing it is simply wrong to her. This feeling of I must do what is right, I cannot do what is wrong and I will do whatever it takes even if I lose/die is mostly seen in infps, especially if she is to be typed between infp and infj. She implies confidence and decisiveness which isn't commonly seen in infps but she gains that confidence from the feeling of doing what is right more that pure self gained willpower itself. Infact if this feeling of duty/right is taken away from her she wouldn't be this driven. She reminds me of jon of arc with these traits. Joa thought it was her devine duty and dany is driven by a similar force. The force is a combination of what is right, duty and destiny. She always indicate a lack of tactics. Infj are tactical and also has tact when necessary. Dany doesn't give a fuck. Ah climax to the post.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If I was her brother I would have pinched her cheeks everyday. Anyway I thought she was an obvious infp. Enneagram not sure. Either a 1 or a 9. 1>9 she is I believe. Clearly not a 4 which is the most common etype for infps. Regarding her desire to claim the throne; it is less an ambitious and more of a sense of duty. she believes she has to do it and not doing it is simply wrong to her. This feeling of I must do what is right, I cannot do what is wrong and I will do whatever it takes even if I lose/die is mostly seen in infps, especially if she is to be typed between infp and infj. She implies confidence and decisiveness which isn't commonly seen in infps but she gains that confidence from the feeling of doing what is right more that pure self gained willpower itself. Infact if this feeling of duty/right is taken away from her she wouldn't be this driven. She reminds me of jon of arc with these traits. Joa thought it was her devine duty and dany is driven by a similar force. The force is a combination of what is right, duty and destiny. She always indicate a lack of tactics. Infj are tactical and also has tact when necessary. Dany doesn't give a fuck. Ah climax to the post.

I agree with this post except for a subtle distinction: INFPs rarely have a sense of duty. rather, they have conviction which spurs them to take action and gives them the confidence and resolve you see in Khaleesi (duty is superego motivated; conviction is Id motivated).

also, I believe she is a 9w8, specifically a 9w8(sw8w7) (a 9w8 with a strong 8 wing) rather than a 9w1 or 1w9.

R

Riva

I agree with this post except for a subtle distinction: INFPs rarely have a sense of duty. rather, they have conviction which spurs them to take action and gives them the confidence and resolve you see in Khaleesi (duty is superego motivated; conviction is Id motivated). also, I believe she is a 9w8, specifically a 9w8(sw8w7) (a 9w8 with a strong 8 wing) rather than a 9w1 or 1w9.
Yes! Conviction was the word I was looking for. When I said duty I didn't mean responsibilies I was trying to imply belief (that she is doing the right thing and not doing it is a betrayal of herself/beliefs). SO FOR HER IT IS ALL OR NOTHING. English second language here ;). I still think she is 1 over 9. 9w8 are calm avoident peaceful and occasionally snappy. She doesn't seem to seek a peace of mind but more of a perfect/right place to live. I should note that my etype knowledge isn't that good.

S

Society

"hot" should be a poll option (hey, shallowness is a kind of typology too)

Animal

So carnal it's spiritual
MBTI Type
SeFi
Enneagram
My first instinct for her: 4
Next thought, which I posted about here: 8
Next instinct: 6
Now: 1

Sigh, I have no idea.

TBH, I loved her at first and I still think she's a badass, but right now I'm much more interested in Jaime Lannister.

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
This is dumb, I know, but it's bothering me. Her name is Daenerys; khaleesi is her title.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Introverted idealist, definitely, but I think she's an INFJ. She's willing to compromise her ideals in service of reaching an ultimate goal. This is kind of Ni, and Fi doesn't seem quite so willing to engage in that kind of compromise. Fi would rather break than bend, I think.

As for the "cold-bloodedness", it's my understanding that INFJ's are capable of having a "fire and blood" approach to justice. Fe can be quite fierce, I think.

She does quite well with Ti-using advisors at her side like Ser Jorah. (ISTP, pretty sure. I can't recall exactly how much they've gone into his backstory in the show, so I'll refrain from saying too much, but it reeks of inferior Fe.)

S

Society

Introverted idealist, definitely, but I think she's an INFJ. She's willing to compromise her ideals in service of reaching an ultimate goal. This is kind of Ni, and Fi doesn't seem quite so willing to engage in that kind of compromise. Fi would rather break than bend, I think.

As for the "cold-bloodedness", it's my understanding that INFJ's are capable of having a "fire and blood" approach to justice. Fe can be quite fierce, I think.

She does quite well with Ti-using advisors at her side like Ser Jorah. (ISTP, pretty sure. I can't recall exactly how much they've gone into his backstory in the show, so I'll refrain from saying too much, but it reeks of inferior Fe.)

agreed - she doesn't really have much of any distinct INFP traits, when she acts on her values she does so under a social context - she is acting out of compassion after having being exposed to the treatment of slaves & slave children in particular, while prior to them becoming human in her eyes, she seemingly had no problem planning on buying them when it was strategically advised.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Not really relevant to typology, but I rewatched the pilot, and remembered how off my predictions of everything were. I saw ads for this intriguing show on HBO, and I decided to check it out. I learned from the opening credits that it was based on a series of fantasy novels I'd only heard good things about.

I thought Danerys was more of a subplot (she's certainly come a long way). I think I thought she was not really do much until the end, when she takes revenge against her brother. Viserys was obviously going to be a major player. I remembered that I wondered what Ned Stark was going to do to defend the realm from Viserys's Dothraki army.

Yeah, that's probably not going to happen.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
INFJ, sp/sx. Unsure of her enneatype.

Ni is clear. She is far too controlled to be Fi.

(TV series)

ISFP 6, IMO.

Much more tempered than the ESFP Arya.

EDIT: Actually not sure of enneagram at all.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I agree that Arya is an SP, but why an ESFP? I'm inclined to think of her as an ISTP.

Definitely Se is primary or auxiliary, though.

I agree that Arya is an SP, but why an ESFP?

I see very little Ti meticulousness and reasoning in her. Her bursts of rage are very much in keeping with tertiary Te. She reminds me a lot of The Bride from Kill Bill with her death list, just so much less planned. (I'd type Beatrix Kiddo ISFP.)

Se dominance seems very clear to me. She's just not contained enough to be an introvert. She jumps from one thing to the next depending on what's available, there might be some connecting strands of longterm goals but they always end up taking a backseat to immediate circumstances. It's probably why she's stayed alive this long.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Actually, that's a great point. She kind of just adapts to whatever the present situation is. Too changeable to have introverted judging as a primary. Both Fi and Ti can be quite stubborn.

It's an excellent example of why typology is more than just stereotypes. (The stereotype in this case being that tomboys are STP females.)

R

Riva

Actually, that's a great point. She kind of just adapts to whatever the present situation is. Too changeable to have introverted judging as a primary. Both Fi and Ti can be quite stubborn. It's an excellent example of why typology is more than just stereotypes. (The stereotype in this case being that tomboys are STP females.)
I've met an enfp tomboy. She was probably a 8w7 sx/so. I'm still feel shell shocked by my interactions with me. Pe dom e8s are more intimidating than Je dom e8s.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I see very little Ti meticulousness and reasoning in her. Her bursts of rage are very much in keeping with tertiary Te.
now that you mention it, ESFP makes sense

She reminds me a lot of The Bride from Kill Bill with her death list, just so much less planned. (I'd type Beatrix Kiddo ISFP.)
finally someone who agrees with me. (I believe they're both 8w7 Sx/Sp as well. this adds to their similarity)

Se dominance seems very clear to me. She's just not contained enough to be an introvert. She jumps from one thing to the next depending on what's available, there might be some connecting strands of longterm goals but they always end up taking a backseat to immediate circumstances. It's probably why she's stayed alive this long.
good point. she seems a little to eager to act to be ISFP. for example, in the first season when she stabs the fat kid without really thinking more than "fuck you, I'm going to stab you".

ISFP 6, IMO.
Much more tempered than the ESFP Arya.
EDIT: Actually not sure of enneagram at all.
clearly a 9w8