• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Khaleesi from Game of Thrones

Khaleesi

• INFP

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • ISFP

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • INFJ

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • INTJ

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • other MBTI

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • 9w8

• 9w1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1w9

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • 1w2

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • 8w9

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • 1w2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2w1

• 6w7

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • 6w5

• other Enneagram

• Sp/Sx

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Sx/Sp

• Sx/So

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • So/Sx

• Sp/So or So/Sp

• Total voters

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Please refer to the TV series or the book/s when you trow out your statements. in only interested in the TV series.

I don't need to site evidence every time I say something (that's a very TJ-ish expectation btw)

Daenyres at the beginning of the book is passive, confused, self forgetting and tossed around by the tides of life not knowing what she really wants. throughout the story she learns to take initiative, stand up for herself, go after what she wants and face the real world. throughout the story she becomes more and more commanding and a stronger, more decisive leader. I can't think of anything more 9w8 --> 3

KDude

Ok , you're both coldless ISTP , here's proof ! :)

lol.. in her case though, she would have probably let him keep his authority and attitude if he lived. She was still concerned with heirarchy, inclusion/exclusion of the group, relationship dynamics, etc.. With that test, she realized he didn't have a hold on her anymore.

segovois

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
lol.. in her case though, she would have probably let him keep his authority and attitude if he lived. She was still concerned with heirarchy, inclusion/exclusion of the group, relationship dynamics, etc.. With that test, she realized he didn't have a hold on her anymore.

Sorry, I meant "heartless", bad word :)

And yes, make this test in this way seems very Ti for me.
I struggle to see her as a feeler.

I think she is concerned with hierarchy, but only if she is the leader.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That makes sense.

here's how i feel about her :

She is a both independant and very "Clan" people , she analyse every thing, she spot quickly her interest and is very very stubborn : that makes ISTP for me

Her coldness and her selfcontrol during the terrible murder of her brother : i was particulary shoked.
very few people could behave as she and i think ISTP are one of the most prone.

She seems very Ti/Ni loop with her secrets, selfish et logical plannings - without ever saying nothing and remaining open to any opportunity.
Very manipulative woman also, but in social terms, rather in terms of strategic

And she smells ISTP for me .. it's undescriptible. But i agree she's Ni above all.

And she's the opposite of me, often ISTP are :)

Is it possible she's an INFJ in a Ni + Ti loop, if she seems primarily Ni?

KDude

She's not heartless. She tries changing the treatment of the slaves and towns they invaded. She barely has the title of queen and already gets "uppity" and wants to change all their rules to be more humanitarian. She drops her guard too easily with that medicine woman, who ends up killing Drago. A heartless person wouldn't give people the benefit of the doubt as much as she does.

Her brother's death was his own fault. He's the one who told her he'd let everyone fuck her if it meant he could get his throne back. He's far more concerned with himself, while she makes attempts to be some kind of benevolent queen.

segovois

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
She's not heartless. She tries changing the treatment of the slaves and towns they invaded. She barely has the title of queen and already gets "uppity" and wants to change all their rules to be more humanitarian. She drops her guard too easily with that medicine woman, who ends up killing Drago. A heartless person wouldn't give people the benefit of the doubt as much as she does.

You are right
I find often she's heartless but only in intimate relationships (except with Draggo) - but it's just my personnal impression

Her brother's death was his own fault. He's the one who told her he'd let everyone fuck her if it meant he could get his throne back. He's far more concerned with himself, while she makes attempts to be some kind of benevolent queen.

it was still her brother ... I would never imagine doing that in her situation

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
She was also a child and grew up with it. Sorry, but even if your brother is a total ass,

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
You are right
I find often she's heartless but only in intimate relationships (except with Draggo) - but it's just my personnal impression

it was still her brother ... I would never imagine doing that in her situation

I don't think she's heartless for not enjoying intimacy with anyone as much as Drogo. I also think that the fact she allowed her brother to die is sort of the culture of the book--the entire book is a bit heartless.. people die of horrid things and stupidity all the time. Good people. Its the tone of the series. Bad things happen to everyone in the book it doesn't discriminate. She lives in a much harder, crueler world than we know in our lives.. I don't find her heartless for watching the straw break the camel's back. She loved her brother, she made it very clear she did.. But love won't save anyone in the world she lives in.

Wolfie

MBTI Type
xNxx
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so
INFP!!!!!!!!!!

haha, I'm the only one ...

Edit: Book Daenerys, not show.

KDude

She was also a child and grew up with it. Sorry, but even if your brother is a total ass,

You say fuck it if you have a mystical realization of yourself as someone who can walk through fire and tame dragons. He had merely human and military ambitions for that throne. Suddenly all of his schemes became too small and petty for her. She gave him a chance if he could share in her vision, and he couldn't. He didn't die just because was being an ass.

Wolfie

MBTI Type
xNxx
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so
You say fuck it if you have a mystical realization of yourself as someone who can walk through fire and tame dragons. He had merely human and military ambitions for that throne. Suddenly all of his schemes became too small and petty for her. She gave him a chance if he could share in her vision, and he couldn't. He didn't die just because was being an ass.

He was truly the Mad King's son.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram

Ah, yeah I think his death was well deserved. Just saying that you aren't timid and shy and a helpless unambitious person if you put up with a family member being a total dick your whole life. I don't think thats enough to make someone a type 9.. She isn't a peacekeeper at all. She merely has strong family bonds and values. She put up with way too much, but she knew when enough was enough and when justice needed to be done. Her J was entirely in that situation, it had nothing to do with her motivators and ambitions in life.

KDude

Ah, yeah I think his death was well deserved. Just saying that you aren't timid and shy and a helpless unambitious person if you put up with a family member being a total dick your whole life. I don't think thats enough to make someone a type 9.. She isn't a peacekeeper at all. She merely has strong family bonds and values. She put up with way too much, but she knew when enough was enough and when justice needed to be done. Her J was entirely in that situation, it had nothing to do with her motivators and ambitions in life.

Oh, I might agree on Enneagram. I haven't thought about it really.

I think a lot of the subtext in his death had a lot to with her ambitions though. There was a lot of symbolism in the death by fire. It wasn't just justice. She let his execution happen out of curiosity too, to see if he'd actually survive. Not necessarily because she knew he'd die and was delivering justice.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ah, yeah I think his death was well deserved. Just saying that you aren't timid and shy and a helpless unambitious person if you put up with a family member being a total dick your whole life.

She put up with way too much, but she knew when enough was enough and when justice needed to be done. Her J was entirely in that situation, it had nothing to do with her motivators and ambitions in life.

Yeah, agree with these pieces.

-----
As for her being 'cold' and that being a reason for her not being an F, I disagree. I think many F types can easily go 'cold' once they hit the 'enough is enough' stage.

I haven't seen the tv series; just read the books. In the books I view her as being completely focused on the welfare of her 'people', such that that concern occasionally results in poor governing choices and blinds her to some of the harsher realities of governing and decision-making. It guides her decisions - the people element (which is actually something I can't relate to so much...she seems almost too soft-hearted to me at times).

KDude

Instead of ambition, I want to say she used that moment to see her destiny. A morbid curiosity into her own and her brother's destiny. If he died, it would seal the deal who she was/what she would become/etc.. I think "justice" was more of an afterthought. At that point, he was just extra baggage and being treated like a bitch anyways.

Wolfie

MBTI Type
xNxx
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so
As for her being 'cold' and that being a reason for her not being an F, I disagree. I think many F types can easily go 'cold' once they hit the 'enough is enough' stage.

She's not cold, though. In the books she presented coldness more as a retreat from a strong emotion or when she knew it is what the situation called for. Many times she would be cold when inside she was burning. Other times she would feel so betrayed or angered that she would shut down, and detach herself quite easily... that's when she would appear cold.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
She's not cold, though. In the books she presented coldness more as a retreat from a strong emotion or when she knew it is what the situation called for. Many times she would be cold when inside she was burning. Other times she would feel so betrayed or angered that she would shut down, and detach herself quite easily... that's when she would appear cold.

Agree... I was addressing the poster who viewed her as cold. And yeah, F's (or anyone) can appear cold for all kinds of reasons, even if they may be far from it inside... or too, like I said, they might actually BE detached once they hit a limit or reach a certain limit.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

an 8 wouldn't. allowing someone to control and abuse them the way Khaleesi does at the start of the story would go against every fiber of the 8 fixation. 8s are VERY slow to let people into their inner circle, even family members, and they're not going to allow themselves to get close to someone who does that to them (they have a hard enough time getting close to people who treat them well)
PS: a 7 wouldn't either (in fact, with the exception of 3w2, none of the Id types would). that's much more of a 2/9 thing or maybe a phobic 6 or 4

Wolfie

MBTI Type
xNxx
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so
Agree... I was addressing the poster who viewed her as cold. And yeah, F's (or anyone) can appear cold for all kinds of reasons, even if they may be far from it inside... or too, like I said, they might actually BE detached once they hit a limit or reach a certain limit.

Yes! To me she seems 100% governed by intuition and emotions. She constantly stresses over what she should do, tactically, but she ends up following instincts, even when they seem irrational.

Edit: I also think this can put her into such confusion about what is right, that she becomes very unsure, and uses the advice of council. But I think each time she doesn't trust herself, she learns and this shapes her into a stronger leader.