• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Jesus

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I realize that Jesus may be nearly impossible to type since a person's religious views are going to come into play even if they are not a Christian. Having said that I really think Jesus is an extravert. If you read the verses that tell you what he did on a daily basis you will see that he was usually surrounded by large crowds, and he had a following of much more than just 12 disciples. Even when he wanted to get away from the crowds for a while he would often bring his twelve closest friends lol.

Now it's true that he would also go off by himself to pray fairly regularly, but that simply shows that he is a healthy extravert. Only unhealthy extraverts feel like they need to be around people all the time. Every extravert should spend time by themselves to become grounded and reconnect with who they are.

wedekit

MBTI Type
INFJ
I always saw Jesus as a figure that was meant for everyone to identify with. Jesus is symbolic of the highest good, and so it seems natural that people who think of themselves as "good" will ultimately project their own personality onto him.

I never use quotes of what Jesus said to identify his type, since there is no telling that that's exactly how he said it; changing wording can drastically change the meaning of a sentence. The same sentence then goes through a second alteration when translated to English. Thus, if I were to type Jesus I would go by he decisions/actions. To me, sacrificing one's life for the sake of countless others seems very _NFJ to me. That's all I feel comfortable saying on the topic.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
remember: you can be very very compassionate, caring, loving, like Jesus was, and still be a T.

strawberryfields

MBTI Type
ENFP
I would say Jesus was an N, other than that, I wouldn't know how to type him; I think because of his nature, in a sense, he might transcend type and possess the positive attributes of many of the functions, and the negatives of none of them (if it's true he was perfect, which I believe, as a Christian) Although I suppose the downsides of types aren't necessarily reducible to morality, perhaps we can have amoral faults.

In terms of Jesus being diverse: E and I - Jesus spent a lot of time with people and valued them and had a wide circle of friends, but equally people didn't know him well and found him mysterious and he retreated for time alone. I think Jesus' altruism means he might've spent time with people if it would benefit them, even at times when he might rather have just had time alone - how he behaved doesn't necessarily indicate what he ideally would have liked to do. F and T - Jesus was loving and empathetic, cared about the feelings of others, and was very perceptive about people and where they were coming from. Yet he was very direct at times and wouldn't have watered down the truth in order to make it palatable. He was a thinker in the sense that he'd ask philosophical questions and encourage people to think deeply, and he spoke about loving God with your heart AND mind. P and J - Jesus was flexible and open-ended in that he'd change his plans at the last minute and was happy to do spontaneous things, and he also often asked questions without giving a conclusive answer and seemed to encourage people to be open-minded. Yet, at the same time, he could be very definite about things, and his whole life was about an ultimate plan to save humanity, so I guess you could call that J!

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
remember jesus is defined by each gospel writer who discribes him: Matthew (SJ) Mark (SP) Luke (NT) John (NF)

TickTock

Mud and rain and chaos...
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
I like how Jesus is under pop culture.

Kaveri

MBTI Type
intp
I just read a description of Ni and I think that Jesus is an INxJ. He speaks in metaphors, he's very judgmental towards the pharisee, he is certain of the things that he talks about, yet in a way that he doesn't reason... he "just knows". He doesn't inform people, he tells them what to do. It all fits.

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Jesus is xxxx.

:dry:

EDIT: I really dislike how by typing Christ as one thing (mostly INxJ) we're basically implying that those two types are innately more "holy" or "closer to God" than others. I highly disagree. I'll just go ahead and assume that most of the posters here aren't Christians. That'll make me sleep better at night.

Kaveri

MBTI Type
intp
EDIT: I really dislike how by typing Christ as one thing (mostly INxJ) we're basically implying that those two types are innately more "holy" or "closer to God" than others. I highly disagree. I'll just go ahead and assume that most of the posters here aren't Christians. That'll make me sleep better at night.

I think that Jesus did have a personality type, even if he was Christ. If he came to this earth in the human form and he was completely human, yet at the same time completely God, then he must have had a human personality even if he was Christ.

Jesus was a man. That doesn't mean that men are holier than women. I also have reason to believe that Jesus had a hair colour. Yet it doesn't mean that his hair colour (be it black, for instance) is any holier than other hair colours. It certainly doesn't mean that Christians should dye their hair black.

What I'm saying is: even if Jesus had a personality type, like he had a gender, a hair colour, a height and a weight, it doesn't mean that his personality type is any better or holier or that Christians should try to transform their personality type to Jesus's personality type. It simply would have been impossible for Jesus to function amongst people as a human being, had he not had a personality (type).

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Jesus of course had a personality type... but can you really get enough info from the bible to type him? The bible is difficult to read and unclear about Jesus.

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I don't think something as superficial as hair color can be compared to personality at all (i.e, you can have a role model without being visually compatible with him). Jesus was a chameleon. He was logical and compassionate. Community-oriented and individual-oriented. Prompt but was also blitheful and easygoing.

Of course Christ had a personality (that's not what I was refuting), but as embodiment of God he encompassed all that was human. He was every type. Or at least that's how I see it. As xxxx being balanced not typeless.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Through elimination.

Jesus couldn't have been NT. Or he would've been much more critical about his holyness.
Jesus wasn't an S, because he clearly wasn't much of a carpenter and had to find another line of work.
That leaves NF.

Jesus wasn't very lazy, and took on a lot of things. So he was most likely J. And jesus was a charismatic and loved person. So probably an Extraverted man, easily accepted by others.

Through process of elimination, I have thus proved that Jesus must have been an ENFJ!

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Jesus was INFJ, at least that's what I see him typed as most frequently.

Nyx

remember jesus is defined by each gospel writer who discribes him: Matthew (SJ) Mark (SP) Luke (NT) John (NF)

Good point. As far as MBTI applies to Biblical people, I think this is really the only appropriate application. Jesus was the God-man... I would imagine he did not have a personality type, but transcended it, utilizing all functions equally.

Kaveri

MBTI Type
intp
"remember jesus is defined by each gospel writer who discribes him: Matthew (SJ) Mark (SP) Luke (NT) John (NF)"

Hmm, this is a good point. I've always felt like Jesus is an INTJ (even though I typed him as an INxJ in my previous post) and my favourite gospel is that of Luke, which has probably affected my views on Jesus more than the other gospels.