• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Legend of Korra

wistfulwillow

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Has anyone else been watching Legend of Korra?
Sorry if there's already a thread on this, I'm a bit new around here, but I was wondering on the types of the main characters.
My thoughts thus far:
Korra ESTP
Mako INTJ
Bolin ESFP
Tenzin IxxJ (help me out here)

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Korra: ESTP
Mako: ISTJ
Bolin: ESFP
Asami: ISXJ
Tenzin: INXJ
Tarrlok: ENTJ
Amon: INTJ

I HAVE EDIT THIS SO MACH.

Last edited:

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My typings (reasons upon them to possibly come later, if I feel like it):

Korra: ESTP cp6w7 sx/sp

Mako: INTJ 5w6 sx/sp

Bolin: ESFP 9w1 sp/sx

Asami: ISFP 2w3 sx/sp

Tenzin: INFJ 9w8 so/sp

Lin Beifong: ESTJ 8w9 so/sp

Tarrlok: ENTJ 8w7 so/sp

Amon: INTJ 1w2 so/sx

wistfulwillow

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My typings (reasons upon them to possibly come later, if I feel like it):

Korra: ESTP cp6w7 sx/sp

Mako: INTJ 5w6 sx/sp

Bolin: ESFP 9w1 sp/sx

Asami: ISFP 2w3 sx/sp

Tenzin: INFJ 9w8 so/sp

Lin Beifong: ESTJ 8w9 so/sp

Tarrlok: ENTJ 8w7 so/sp

Amon: INTJ 1w2 so/sx
Genius! I didn't think of counterphobic 6 for Korra, that totally makes sense!
But 9 for Bolin? I don't think I've ever seen a 9 with that much energy; he doesn't really value being calm and complacent. Maybe he's a 6w7? Or 7w6?
And I'd love to see your reasons, if you happen to feel like it.:)

Suzy

MBTI Type
INTP
So many evil villains are INTJs. Amon seems to be no exception.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Genius! I didn't think of counterphobic 6 for Korra, that totally makes sense!

Thank you; there's not much too it really, all it takes is a decent amount of contemplation and careful thought. Also, cp6 for Korra does make sense because she' shown to be quite forceful, stubborn, rebellious, and 'in-your-face', yet still possesses fear and insecurity concerning various dangers of the world. That's preety evident of CP 6.

But 9 for Bolin? I don't think I've ever seen a 9 with that much energy; he doesn't really value being calm and complacent. Maybe he's a 6w7? Or 7w6?

Actually, 7w6 could make more sense as well; I'll have to think about that some more.

And I'd love to see your reasons, if you happen to feel like it.:)

Certainly, but not now. I'm too tired as of now (full day of work, and it's almost 2 am); I'll post my reasons within the next few days.

So many evil villains are INTJs. Amon seems to be no exception.

The 'mastermind' method of thought combined with the pretense of a moral cause (basically strong Ni-Te-Fi) makes for a standard villain. Although I much rather prefer such a method of thought to be reserved for heroic protagonists instead.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Here are the reasons for my typings:

Korra She's gutsy to say the least; it was mentioned how in the first episode that she excels at the physical capabilities of her bending powers, but lacks the more spiritual side. She's impulsive, headstrong, and acts very within the moment, trusting her get over careful thought. This indicates Se > Ni, specifically ESxP. I don't see any signs of Fi in her mindset, on the contrary she does what makes sense to her (auxiliary Ti) and sometimes seems to follow the moral guidance of those she's close to (tertiary Fe); ESTP.
I typed her six given her overall demeanor (I mean by process of elimination, she's certainly not 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, or 9. That leaves 6, 7, and 8; I don't see any desires that would indicate core 7 though, rather her core problem seems to focus around fear, like being afraid to fight back against Amon. However she's still counter phobic given her brash, reckless, and stubborn approach to things). Has that feisty attitude that betray sx first, sp second because I don't see any so in her at all.

Mako . . . actually I'm not sure what made me say INTJ in the first place. In fact, he might actually be ISFP. I'm also rethinking the 5w6 typing. I'll have to mull on this later.

Bolin Easygoing cool guy who enjoys life to its fullest/strong willed comic relief funny guy. I don't think any type other than ESFP would fit him. I originally typed him 9, but 7w6 actually works better (he's far more energetic and gregarious than a 9 would be). Still not certain on instinctual variant.

Asami Guided primarily be her feelings and inner sentiments, very in tune with certain feelings towards others and god damn excellent at being a strong fighter in the physical moment; Fi+Se; ISFP. Also harbors a grudge against Korra and her father; something about that strikes me as tertiary Ni. Types her as a 2 because she's certainly within the heart triad, but she's in no way a 3, and 4 doesn't seem as likely (although may be possible). Is clearly a fucking sx; sx/sp specifically.

Tenzin Takes an opposite approach to Korra's mentality; considers the long term effects of decisions and calmly reflects on things, in addition to being very concerned with upholding peace among the nation. Has the calm and serenity of a 9, with the slightly aggressive 8 wing rearing up whenever he's annoyed. Is also diplomatic and a council leader, but is reserved and polite; so/sp.

Lin Beifong Drill Sergeant Nasty stereotype with a great focus on upholding order, has a will of iron, and in general is a complete badass. I'd also consider ENTJ or 1w2 as possibilities, if she isn't ESTJ 8w9.

Tarrlok Smug Snake with a slightly aggressive attitude when it comes to getting what he wants, and is highly manipulative in doing so. That's fitting of Te>Ni>Se + 8w7 mindset.

Amon "Oh hai, Imma super genius charismatic mastermind with a grand scheme that sill change the world for the better. I'll use my chess master skills and noble conviction to win over the people and bring justice to the land!" Walking INTJ 1w2 so/sx stereotype.

wistfulwillow

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thank you for posting reasons!

Mako . . . actually I'm not sure what made me say INTJ in the first place. In fact, he might actually be ISFP. I'm also rethinking the 5w6 typing. I'll have to mull on this later.
Well...I still think INTJ for Mako. And maybe an 8w9 or 9w8 sx/sp. I have no evidence, just gut feeling.

Bolin Easygoing cool guy who enjoys life to its fullest/strong willed comic relief funny guy. I don't think any type other than ESFP would fit him. I originally typed him 9, but 7w6 actually works better (he's far more energetic and gregarious than a 9 would be). Still not certain on instinctual variant.
I think so/sx (or sx/so, but probably so/sx), I see very few signs of sp with him.

Asami Guided primarily be her feelings and inner sentiments, very in tune with certain feelings towards others and god damn excellent at being a strong fighter in the physical moment; Fi+Se; ISFP. Also harbors a grudge against Korra and her father; something about that strikes me as tertiary Ni. Types her as a 2 because she's certainly within the heart triad, but she's in no way a 3, and 4 doesn't seem as likely (although may be possible). Is clearly a fucking sx; sx/sp specifically.
No shit, and only a 2 or 4 could get that jealous that quickly.

Tenzin Takes an opposite approach to Korra's mentality; considers the long term effects of decisions and calmly reflects on things, in addition to being very concerned with upholding peace among the nation. Has the calm and serenity of a 9, with the slightly aggressive 8 wing rearing up whenever he's annoyed. Is also diplomatic and a council leader, but is reserved and polite; so/sp.
I love Tenzin! I had him pegged as a 9w1, but I think you might be right.

Amon "Oh hai, Imma super genius charismatic mastermind with a grand scheme that sill change the world for the better. I'll use my chess master skills and noble conviction to win over the people and bring justice to the land!" Walking INTJ 1w2 so/sx stereotype.[/QUOTE]
Such a cliche haha.

Iroh jr.=Supreme badass
I honestly don't care what his type is!

R

Riva

I am in the second season and am loving it. I could only vaguely remember some of the season 1 characters and from what little I can remember here goes -

Korra: ESTP
Mako: ISTJ
Bolin: ESFP
Asami: ISXJ
Tenzin: INXJ
Tarrlok: ENTJ
Amon: INTJ

I HAVE EDIT THIS SO MACH.

I agree with almost all of your typing except Asami's. She is hard to type I must confess. For me she tends to give a feeler vibe with occasional Se pragmatism and occasional Ni moments. So maybe an ISFP?

Watched the second season yet? What type do you think Varrick is? Anyone would immediately type him as an ENTP but I wouldn't completely leave out ENTJ.

ideae

Tonraq - ISTP, perhaps J
Senna - IxFx
Unalaq - ENFJ, perhaps I
Desna - INTP, perhaps J
Eska - INFJ, the unhealthy, clingy type

Varrick - ENTJ with nasty ENFP facade
Zhu Li - ISFJ, perhaps T
Ginger - ISFP

Bumi - ENTP
Kya - Whatever Katara was
Tenzin - INFJ

Wan - ENFP ("Oops! Spoilers...")

Lin Beifong - ISTJ
Lu and Gang - ESTP

Bolin - ENFP
Mako - ISTx
Asami - ISFP
Korra - DUMB

big sexy

MBTI Type
INfP
Korra - ESTP
Mako - ISTJ
Bolin - ESFP
Asami - ISFP

Tenzin - INFJ
Lin - XSTJ
Suyin - ENFX

Amon - INXJ
Tarrlok - ENFJ (He was too sensitive and emotional as a child to not be an F IMO. He's just very warped due to years of abuse.)
Varrick - ENTP
Zhu-Li - ISTJ
Kuvira - ENTJ

Anyone have an idea what type Zaheer is?

allycat800

MBTI Type
INFP
Here's my opinion

Korra- ESTP - I could see ESFP in the more recent seasons, but ESTP fits so well
Mako- INTJ - I think he shows a lot of Ni as a detective
Bolin- ESFP- although ENFP would make sense as well
Asami- ISFP

Tenzin- ISTJ - I have to disagree with him being intuitive. He seems very drawn to upholding his father's legacy, and I think season 2 showed he's not too in touch with his spiritual side. I also think he shows more Te/Fi than Fe/Ti
Pema- ISFJ
Lin- XSTJ, lean more towards I
Suyin- ENFJ
Jinora- INFJ, the bender her father wanted to be
Ikki- ENFP
Milo- EXTJ? ESTJ? I see some Ne, but the way he controlled those lemurs and airbenders...scary
Kya- hmmm, maybe ISFP? She does resemble her mother, but I don't see any Fe in her. She's also very down to earth, hippie. I'd be open to other possibilities
Bumi- does anyone else see him as an ENFP? Definitely high Ne, but I don't really see anything pointing to Ti/Fe. In fact, he actually comes off quite sensitive. And I think he's his father's true legacy

Varrick- def ENTP
Zhu li- ISTJ
Kuvira- ENTJ to da max
Zaheer- somewhat difficult to type, but I think INTJ makes most sense
Amon- INTJ
Tarlock- ENFJ
Unalaq- INFJ
Opal- INFP?

big sexy

MBTI Type
INfP
Here's my opinion
Tenzin- ISTJ - I have to disagree with him being intuitive. He seems very drawn to upholding his father's legacy, and I think season 2 showed he's not too in touch with his spiritual side. I also think he shows more Te/Fi than Fe/Ti
Kya- hmmm, maybe ISFP? She does resemble her mother, but I don't see any Fe in her. She's also very down to earth, hippie. I'd be open to other possibilities
Bumi- does anyone else see him as an ENFP? Definitely high Ne, but I don't really see anything pointing to Ti/Fe. In fact, he actually comes off quite sensitive. And I think he's his father's true legacy

Zaheer- somewhat difficult to type, but I think INTJ makes most sense
Opal- INFP?

You make a good point about Tenzin. He's certainly an IXXJ, but the middle letters are much more difficult for people to agree on.

Those types make sense for Kya and Bumi. Definitely XXFP and ENXP, respectively.

Zaheer is an interesting character, yet oddly difficult to pin down. INTJ seems reasonable. I could also see another INXX type.

Opal seems fairly INFP. And Kuvira is extremely ENTJ, isn't she? :p I very much enjoy stereotypical ENTJ characters like her.

Nicodemus

Anyone have an idea what type Zaheer is?
I agree with the others that Zaheer seems INTJ. He does not attempt to kill the avatar for emotional reasons or to rule the world, but out of necessity, because a better vision of the world has to be realized.

allycat800

MBTI Type
INFP
You make a good point about Tenzin. He's certainly an IXXJ, but the middle letters are much more difficult for people to agree on.

Opal seems fairly INFP. And Kuvira is extremely ENTJ, isn't she? :p I very much enjoy stereotypical ENTJ characters like her.

Thanks for responding! Yeah, for Tenzin I either see one or the other, but ISTJ just seems to fit him more to me. He's such a stickler for the rules! And it would explain why he and Korra are always butting heads in the beginning, having mirroring functions.

The more I think about it, the more I think Opal is an INFP or at least Fi-dom. The way she was so stubborn with Bolin even after he escaped Kuivira because she couldn't agree with what he was doing

I agree with the others that Zaheer seems INTJ. He does not attempt to kill the avatar for emotional reasons or to rule the world, but out of necessity, because a better vision of the world has to be realized.
exactly. He's gotta be Ni-dom, and I'd say he uses Te/Fi because he doesn't manipulate people, but situations, and his ideal of anarchy seems very Fi. INTJ is the only one that really seems to fit. Comparing him to Amon, Amon actually seems more INFJ. Hmmmm

big sexy

MBTI Type
INfP
exactly. He's gotta be Ni-dom, and I'd say he uses Te/Fi because he doesn't manipulate people, but situations, and his ideal of anarchy seems very Fi. INTJ is the only one that really seems to fit. Comparing him to Amon, Amon actually seems more INFJ. Hmmmm

Ha ha, I have never been sure if Amon was INTJ or INFJ. He seems like a cliche INTJ villain at first, but his intense savior complex makes him seem so INFJ. He definitely manipulates people - and very well. And though he had other reasons, the main reason he came to see bending as the root of all evil is because of how it affected him and his brother. Zaheer does seem more INTJ than him, at any rate.

allycat800

MBTI Type
INFP
Ha ha, I have never been sure if Amon was INTJ or INFJ. He seems like a cliche INTJ villain at first, but his intense savior complex makes him seem so INFJ. He definitely manipulates people - and very well. And though he had other reasons, the main reason he came to see bending as the root of all evil is because of how it affected him and his brother. Zaheer does seem more INTJ than him, at any rate.

I think you're right. I think I've changed my mind on Amon, INFJ

Geni

Korra: SEE > SLE
Bolin: ESE
Mako: LSI
Asami: ESI

Tenzin: LII
Jinora: EII
Lin: LSE
Bumi: SxE
Kya: IEE
Suyin: IEE
Varrick: ILE
Zhu Li: SLI
Opal: IEI

Amon: LSI
Tarrlok: EIE
Unalaq: EII
Zaheer: LII
Kuvira: SLE

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Wow, no idea where Tenzin as an N came from. He has shown to be quite rigid and feeling a powerful need to uphold traditions. He has virtually no spiritual side. I'm 100% on him bring ISTJ.

Korra - ESTP - obvious
Mako - IsTJ - He's the stereotypical "protector," but N/S isn't clear imo.
Bolin - ESFP
Asami - IsFj? - She's hard to type...

Tenzin - ISTJ - obvious
Bumi - ENTP
Kya - ISFP - Fi everywhere

Lin - ISTJ

Jinora - INFJ
Ikki - EsFP
Meelo - ENTJ - I just know Meelo is going to grow up and become some sort of insane dictator. :alttongue:

Varrick - ENTP - He makes a great use of both Ne and Ni all around (the ultra intuitor of the show, makes me want to type him NeNi), but I think his lack of Te is what makes him ENTP.
Zhu Li - InTJ

Amon - INFJ
Unalaq - LAME, some sort of controlling Fe (enFJ)
Zaheer - INtP
Kuvira - something with Te? ENTJ?

Tonraq - iSTP

big sexy

MBTI Type
INfP
Prince Wu - EsFP to the xtreme. His interactions with Mako and the contrast between their personalities is one of my favorite aspects of Book 4.

Zaheer - INtP

This makes sense, there's something P-ish about Zaheer. Or he could be INTJ as suggested earlier in the thread. He's still hard for me to pin down.