• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ralphie in a Christmas Story?

Ribonuke

MBTI Type
esTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I was curious...what MBTI type do you think Ralphie in A Christmas Story would be?

I'm going to guess ENTP, possibly INTP, unless there's something I'm fundamentally failing to understand about ENTPs.

My reasoning? His ability brainstorm and come up with crazy means of solving his problems sounds like Dom Ne. (One could argue this is more Dom Ni, but being a Dom Ni myself...I dunno. I feel like it's a bit different than that.)

He also seems to rely on Ti in the way he describes the world around him, and how it seems to work.

Any insights? I know that Ralphie is based off of Jean Shepherd's memoirs, so maybe if we know what type Jean is we'd have a better idea?

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I think Ralphie was probably introverted. As a narrator, obviously, he did a lot of talking. However, outside of that I feel like he was somewhat more quiet and spent a fair amount of time alone and/or not with friends, mostly daydreaming or listening to the radio.