• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type is Nikola Tesla?

What type is Nikola Tesla?

• Total voters

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This video has some pretty sick nasty special effects from terraforming the Earth to spawning searing lightning bolts at will.

W

WALMART

Transcendent of type, likely. Had I already stated that in this thread?

R

Riva

Why so many Tesla threads? He must be the NT darling of the MBTI world.

Absolutely not.

However he serves as a reminder that application of intelligence shouldn't be limited to one area lest they'd end up like him - impoverished.

INTP should remember this the most.

Wrong. He was ISTJ.

Really? If so can you elaborate?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Artwork Tesla's Space Elves, the secret code revield Sacred

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
HOW COSMIC FORCES SHAPE OUR DESTINIES - http://www.institutotesla.org/tech/TeslaConsciousness.html

TeslaCosmicConsciousness.png

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
He's probably the same type as Kobe Bryant.

W

WALMART

Nikola Tesla was probably ISTP. I think ISTP's are much more likely to be a part of the contribulatory field of sciences, like particle physicists or aerospace engineers. I doubt the scope of their work pertains strictly to their choice of work being "just a job", though.

N types sit on the sidelines speculating (which is profitable and worthwhile in itself, of course).

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
Nikolai Tesla was probably ISTP. I think ISTP's are much more likely to be a part of the contribulatory field of sciences, like particle physicists or aerospace engineers. I doubt the scope of their work pertains strictly to their choice of work being "just a job", though.

N types sit on the sidelines speculating.

Nah, Tesla was Ne.
Also, stereotypes about intuitives and sensors are not true. You wouldn't believe how many people you have met are actually intuitives who just look like sensors to you.

However, there is a thread about Tesla's type (© RaptorWizard)
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/popular-culture-type/55765-what-type-nikola-tesla.html

W

WALMART

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Nah, Tesla was Ne.
Also, stereotypes about intuitives and sensors are not true. You wouldn't believe how many people you have met are actually intuitives who just look like sensors to you.

However, there is a thread about Tesla's type
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/popular-culture-type/55765-what-type-nikola-tesla.html

It's noteworthy that I was the one who started this funny thread on Tesla's type.

Nikola Tesla was probably ISTP. I think ISTP's are much more likely to be a part of the contribulatory field of sciences, like particle physicists or aerospace engineers. I doubt the scope of their work pertains strictly to their choice of work being "just a job", though.

N types sit on the sidelines speculating (which is profitable and worthwhile in itself, of course).

If you go by the poll, we see that people are fairly evenly divided between INTJ, INTP, and ENTP, with a slight edge for INTJ.

I probably should have made ISTJ, ISTP, and INFJ options on that poll as well, but those choices just didn't seem as popular.

Odds of course are, Tesla was most certainly one of those 6 types, and he was so complex and unique, that a solid argument could be made for any of them.

If we go by Celebrity Types, a very trusted authority, you will see that they decided on INTJ for him, though whether or not that is accurate remains very open to speculation.

http://www.celebritytypes.com/intj.php

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I was going to offer INTJ as an alternative (heh heh).

I really think people doubt the intellectual power of sensing, let alone it following a dom-thinking position.

Easy case for INTJ: visionary ahead of his time.

Easy case for ISTP: mechanic who made stuff work.

W

WALMART

Easy case for INTJ: visionary ahead of his time.

Easy case for ISTP: mechanic who made stuff work.

It is important to note just how suspect he was of visionary type thought. All of his predictions were completely grounded in reality, so far as to call Einstein and types like him metaphysicians.

He also dismissed concepts like second sight, reasoning his once "prophetic" dream of his mother dying as being a case of seeing an angel paining before bed combined with singing from a church down the road.

These are the kinds of things Jung was getting at when he coined the phrase intuition, and these are the kinds of things Tesla were pretty openly skeptical about.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It is important to note just how suspect he was of visionary type thought. All of his predictions were completely grounded in reality, so far as to call Einstein and types like him metaphysicians.

He also dismissed concepts like second sight, reasoning his once "prophetic" dream of his mother dying as being a case of seeing an angel paining before bed combined with singing from a church down the road.

These are the kinds of things Jung was getting at when he coined the phrase intuition, and these are the kinds of things Tesla were pretty openly skeptical about.

This is actually a very good argument in favor of ISTx (though I'm not sure we really know exactly what he thought; he was very solitary and not 1/10 as well documented as Einstein).

So now I'm wondering, why ISTP and not ISTJ?