• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Storage Wars

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Are there any Storage Wars haters out there who would like to comment on this?

For the record, I've determined that Jarrod is an ISTP and Brandi is an ISFJ. Jarrod is far more focused on possibilities than Brandi, especially when it comes to storage lockers and creating new space for expanding their business. P is the Possibilities type. Brandi (J) just wants to get down to business, and not speculate over what could be. Brandi also likes to set a limit on spending when it comes to storage locker bidding, but Jarrod just ignores it (while agreeing to adhere to the cap limit she sets), and then bids as high as he wants to. It is very common for Jarrod to state that he sees the possibilities in a locker, where Brandi only sees a pile of junk.

Most people here would decide from this description that Jarrod is an Intuitive. But that honor belongs to Barry, with his crazy disguises and crazy cars. Jarrod is still basically down to earth, his possibilities still exist within the realm of pure functionality. Barry is far from this. Barry is a funny, wacked out, over-the-top millionaire who is retired from the music industry, where he was some kind of high muckety-muck. Barry is also highly extroverted. He will spend a lot of money on a storage locker because he "sees" something within that "nobody else sees." And more often than not, he is right - at least, on the show. Barry exudes ENTP qualities.

Dave (Mr. YUUUUP) is or was the bad-ass ESTJ of the show. Dave recently quit the show because he was demanding too much money from the producers. Dave is a hard-as-nails realist who knows what he wants and then goes out and gets it. He is also highly competitive. He loves putting down the other bidders. He believes that the idea is to put the other bidders out of business by being the most bad-ass bidder out there. On several occasions he has almost gotten into fist fights with the other bidders. He hates to be messed around with, and takes jokes with an air of "who cares about that asshole anyway?" He lives to see others fail and suffer, while he himself rises to the top of the storage wars pyramid. His bidding style is based in intimidation. He says YUUUUP when bidding because he knows it irritates the other bidders. His favorite trick is to dump a bad locker on another bidder at the highest possible price.

Darrell (who often brings along his son Brandon to train him in taking over the business) is somewhat of an enigma to me. He is nick-named "The Gambler" on the show, because he likes to flip a coin with people in order to break a tie, and occasionally make deals with other bidders in order to come out on top. But he is also a collector. His large home is filled with tasteful storage locker memorabilia. His main line is to buy up storage lockers and then to sell the items at his flea market. Darrell is aiming to make a huge pay-out on any given storage locker. His pet peeve (besides Dave) is to pay too much for one. His famous saying when assessing an item goes something like, "There's a 75 dollar bill right there." He thinks he is funny, but I think most people think he is full of himself and is only amused by himself. I would guess Darrell is an ISTJ.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
197 views, no replies, no other browsers at present. :shrug:

Shall this be deemed the worst thread in forum history?

Retsu

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I realise this is a necro bump and I'm sorry :< but I love this show and if it makes you feel any better I do relate to Brandi. :p Just watching this one where they bring their kids and she seems a lot happier than she usually does. She even makes a joke after the kids have bought a crappy locker.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I realise this is a necro bump and I'm sorry :< but I love this show and if it makes you feel any better I do relate to Brandi. :p Just watching this one where they bring their kids and she seems a lot happier than she usually does. She even makes a joke after the kids have bought a crappy locker.

I haven't watched Storage Wars in a long time. I can't vouch for my own type calls in the OP and nobody wants to debate me about those.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not going to debate because I think you're right, based on the few episodes I've seen.

plastic ciel

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Brandi: ISFJ
Jarod: ISTP
Dave: ESTJ
Darrell: INTP??
Barry: ENTP