• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Nightmare Before Christmas

RunnDMC

MBTI Type
ENTP
Jack Skellington - INTP

The Mayor - ESFJ

Sally - ISFJ

Oogie Boogie - ENTJ(P?)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Jack Skellington - INTP

Meh, he acts at times like an ISTJ. (Reminds me a great deal of Morpheus, the Sandman .... another ISTJ.)

Although he does have that sort of "Ne out of control" goofiness, weaving from an ENTP "Oh neat, something new to play with" to the very poor judge of reality via Ne that happens with the Si dominants.

Royal Xavier

MBTI Type
INXP
I think that Jack is probably an ENTP...
Sally is most likely either an INFP or INFJ.

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Jack has the reckless idealism of an NF. He's an organiser, so probably J. He seems kinda Extraverted also. ENFJ.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Saw this on TV last night, great movie.

Jack - ENTP
Sally - INFJ

Mayor - ESFJ

Reasons:

Jack is ENTP - he's a visionary, shows great creativity, is not practical in his ideas although he has many of them. He's an experimenter, and he shows tertiary Fe because remember at the beginning, he is impressed with Christmas town primarily because it is a peaceful land where everyone gets along together (Fe).

I chose INFJ for Sally because the dominant Ni was guiding her all along, as to what should be done. Also the Ni acted as a gut feeling to indicate that what Jack was doing would end up being wrong. She's clearly introverted, and the auxiliary Fe is also evident.

Space_Oddity

MBTI Type
CAT
Instinctual Variant
so
Jack? Definitely an ENTP if I've ever seen one. It's true that he shows a lot of Fe, but his Ne and Ti are definitely stronger. He's the typical enthusiastic, excitable, innovative scientist-inventor, who occasionally goes almost frenzy, which is virtually the definition of the ENTP archetype. If he was Fe dominant, he would know better how to use this function, but he pretty much screws up everything regarding it. Also, he's not a J. Every 'mad scientist' has lots of plans, that's what Ne is for; the J indicates ability to follow them through, but Jack just improvises most of the time and the 'success' of his actions is evident. Sally is probably an INFJ - she's the feeling judger who's keeping him from 'succumbing to the dark side' of Ne-Ti.

I'm sure about their types also because I've been writing a novel where the hero coincidentally ended up being an ENTP and the heroine an INFJ (way before I knew about MBTI); the story has a lot of parallel situations and the chemistry between the characters is absolutely the same.

To be honest, sometimes it seems to me that people here theorize about MBTI too much and miss the big picture. Fictional characters are usually just 'types' (and even that only if they're well written), and it's not worth typing them by some minor details of their character. The big picture is everything here.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Jack? Definitely an ENTP if I've ever seen one. It's true that he shows a lot of Fe, but his Ne and Ti are definitely stronger. He's the typical enthusiastic, excitable, innovative scientist-inventor, who occasionally goes almost frenzy, which is virtually the definition of the ENTP archetype. If he was Fe dominant, he would know better how to use this function, but he pretty much screws up everything regarding it. Also, he's not a J. Every 'mad scientist' has lots of plans, that's what Ne is for; the J indicates ability to follow them through, but Jack just improvises most of the time and the 'success' of his actions is evident. Sally is INFJ or ISFJ - she's the feeling judger who's keeping him from 'succumbing to the dark side' of Ne-Ti.

Good argument, you've convinced me that Jack is ENTP (which was my 2nd guess anyway).

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Jack is an ENTP and Sally is INFJ... I always figured that this was a classic example of the famous ENTP-INFJ pairing.

Blanchard

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5W4
Jack is ENTP obiusly, he may not be intorverted because is very extroverted, he speak a lot with all people and he is very nervous. It is the perfect example of ENTP, He is guided by hunches, impatient, manipulative, greedy for knowledge and not support the routine.
Sally is ISFJ clearly, she is the oposite of Jack.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
I can see Sally as an IxFJ, though I'm unsure about Si or Ni. :thinking:

Jack if definitely a Fe user, probably tertiary. "You don't need to worry about anything, I'll take care of it! :D"

Louis Gingras

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Jack Skellington - ENTP
Sally - INFJ
Mayor - ESFJ
Oogie Boogie - ENTJ
Santa Claus - ISFJ
Doctor Frinkelstein - INTJ