• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Carl Sagan?

Spiritual Science

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I've been watching Carl Sagan's Cosmos series, and while dated, it is an enormously rewarding watch. While watching, I've been trying to figure out his type. I was pretty sure he seemed like an NF, but this site is pretty sure he's an NT (http://www.wischik.com/damon/Texts/myersbriggs.html), an ENTJ. He's definitely E and definitely N and most likely J, but based on his Cosmos series I think he's an ENFJ. Debate is welcome.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INTJ 3w4 So/Sx.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
He is either ENTJ, ENTP, INTJ, or INTP. I don't see him as anything other than NT.

“The Cosmos is all that is or was or ever will be. Our feeblest contemplations of the Cosmos stir us -- there is a tingling in the spine, a catch in the voice, a faint sensation, as if a distant memory, of falling from a height. We know we are approaching the greatest of mysteries.”
― Carl Sagan, Cosmos

Spiritual Science

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
INTJ 3w4 So/Sx.

Thanks for your reply. Would you or someone else mind telling me what 3w4 So/Sx means. I think it has something to do with Ennegram right? I took the ennegram briefly, but do not remember any letters after the type. Sorry, I just feel like I should know this by know. I don't mean to go off topic in a thread I started, haha.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Why does everyone think Carl Sagan is introverted?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think he is definitely ENxJ. I just can't decide if he's T or F.

I would say T because he uses a lot of Te in his Sherlock Holmes detective like rationalist NT philosophy of being open minded, yet skeptical and looking at all of the facts before jumping to a conclusion and confirming things over and over again through routine and repetitive experiments, the hallmark of a scientist, which in general would mean INTJ, but since he is so charismatic and expressive, he would be ENTJ. His further independence over the dogma of the establishments and resistance of authority seems far more like a questioning NT than NF, since NF is more agreeable and NT is more argumentative.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
F.

enfjs can often be mistook for entjs. I think the rational functions, in the same attitude, tend to often both be well used. [Te/Fe Ti/Fi]

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

This guy who talks about Carl Sagan is likely an INTJ, giving futher evidence to Sagan's NTJness

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I once heard a very interesting argument for Carl Sagan being an ISTJ.....ill try to find it.

jcloudz

Yup
MBTI Type
Istj
Carl-Sagan.jpeg

someone i wish i would have had the opportunity to meet in person

:cry:

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thanks for your reply. Would you or someone else mind telling me what 3w4 So/Sx means. I think it has something to do with Ennegram right? I took the ennegram briefly, but do not remember any letters after the type. Sorry, I just feel like I should know this by know. I don't mean to go off topic in a thread I started, haha.

It was copied from http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...tebin-mbti-enneagram-combination-typings.html. And that list was cannibilized off of some other site.

Here's the low-down on the enneagram:
http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/intro.asp