• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type George Takei

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He played Lt. Sulu in Star Trek TOS (doesn't everybody know this?) I'm interested in knowing the actor's type, not Sulu's.

INFP?

I can tell from his famous "douchebag" video that his is a kind of quiet anger but he uses intellectual language to express it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UACK93xF-FE

Eilonwy

Vulnerability
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
On Celebrity Apprentice he stayed quiet and in the background a lot, though he worked hard. He wanted every one to get along and be respectful of each other. On FaceBook, he posts a lot of punny stuff. I would guess INFx.

ETA: When he was Project Manager on CA, he let everyone do their own thing. He seemed to get lost in thinking about possibilities. During another task, when he had an unfamiliar script to read from, he had trouble focusing on just reading through it, mistakes and all, so that they could figure out the timing of the lights and other effects. He wanted to try to memorize it instead of reading from the script, so he kept stopping when he messed up and then starting over from the top. His very J Project Manager got very frustrated with him.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
On Celebrity Apprentice he stayed quiet and in the background a lot, though he worked hard. He wanted every one to get along and be respectful of each other. On FaceBook, he posts a lot of punny stuff. I would guess INFx.

ETA: When he was Project Manager on CA, he let everyone do their own thing. He seemed to get lost in thinking about possibilities. During another task, when he had an unfamiliar script to read from, he had trouble focusing on just reading through it, mistakes and all, so that they could figure out the timing of the lights and other effects. He wanted to try to memorize it instead of reading from the script, so he kept stopping when he messed up and then starting over from the top. His very J Project Manager got very frustrated with him.

From my theoretical perspective then, that converts your INFX to INFP.

Eilonwy

Vulnerability
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=13589]Mal+[/MENTION], although they cut things to make people appear a certain way, I found it interesting to watch Celebrity Apprentice with an eye on type (at least until it got so back-stabbing that I couldn't take it any more). If I remember right, poor George was brought back to the boardroom, to possibly be fired, from task one until he did actually get fired. The others perceived him to be lazy (though he wasn't), too quiet, and a bit scattered. I think the only person to consistently stick up for him was Penn Jillette, who also got picked on for being too quiet, as well as too negative, condescending, and not a team player (none of which were true, IMO).

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Why doesn't someone just twitter/facebook him and ask him to take the test? He's pretty involved with his fans.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=13589]Mal+[/MENTION], although they cut things to make people appear a certain way, I found it interesting to watch Celebrity Apprentice with an eye on type (at least until it got so back-stabbing that I couldn't take it any more). If I remember right, poor George was brought back to the boardroom, to possibly be fired, from task one until he did actually get fired. The others perceived him to be lazy (though he wasn't), too quiet, and a bit scattered. I think the only person to consistently stick up for him was Penn Jillette, who also got picked on for being too quiet, as well as too negative, condescending, and not a team player (none of which were true, IMO).

It's no different from being kicked off of The Weakest Link. They just think up a bunch of reasons.

Takei seems more like an INFP now than ever, and type 9.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why doesn't someone just twitter/facebook him and ask him to take the test? He's pretty involved with his fans.

George has an intern taking care of his fb page. This video may represent Takei at his angriest.

It probably takes an awful lot to piss off this dude.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
All I have seen is the Star Trek movie 2009 and I thought Spock was INTJ 5w6 and Kirk was ENFP 3w4, but I have no idea about any of the other characters.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
All I have seen is the Star Trek movie 2009 and I thought Spock was INTJ 5w6 and Kirk was ENFP 3w4, but I have no idea about any of the other characters.

Those calls seem pretty spot on. But it's a different topic. Haven't we seen it here before? Why does Star Wars get all the attention?

It's more difficult to type the actors/actresses themselves. But "Spock" as Leonard Nimoy is well-established as an INTP who plays an INTJ.