• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Harry Potter fans - what's your type?

Pand0ra

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Also which of the personality types do you think are most likely to be fans of Harry Potter? and what about the types most likely to hate it?
And why...

mujigay

Intergalactic Badass
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
The fans I know are all over the board type wise. Although there is a tendency toward introverts, I suppose.

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I'm an INFP.

I'm not sure I can type such a popular phenomenon. I doubt there are a lot of ESTJ's, but you never know.

On Pottermore this is how the members sort:

Gryffindor: 388,047 members

Slytherin: 375,926 members

Hufflepuff: 373,820 members

Ravenclaw: 356,717 members

Not that you can type people based on their house, but I imagine people who identify with the brave and fiery Gryffindor would tend towards ESXP, Slytherins with their sort of cold misunderstood rep would tend towards IXTX, Hufflepuff would tend towards SJ, and Ravenclaw with its emphasis on eccentrics and dreamers would tend towards N or T or both.

The problem is almost any type could be in any house. I wish they all had to list their types, so I had all of that data to work with!

mujigay

Intergalactic Badass
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I'm an INFP.

I'm not sure I can type such a popular phenomenon. I doubt there are a lot of ESTJ's, but you never know.

On Pottermore this is how the members sort:

Gryffindor: 388,047 members

Slytherin: 375,926 members

Hufflepuff: 373,820 members

Ravenclaw: 356,717 members

Not that you can type people based on their house, but I imagine people who identify with the brave and fiery Gryffindor would tend towards ESXP, Slytherins with their sort of cold misunderstood rep would tend towards IXTX, Hufflepuff would tend towards SJ, and Ravenclaw with its emphasis on eccentrics and dreamers would tend towards N or T or both.

The problem is almost any type could be in any house. I wish they all had to list their types, so I had all of that data to work with!

I don't know, mate. Me and my ISTP buddy both ended up in Gryffindor, and the ESFJ in Slytherin.

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I think Rowling deliberately constructed it that way, though, that any type of person could be in any house.

Me too :)

The whole thing about Harry choosing Gryffindor, and how Hermione seems like a Ravenclaw on the surface, but her values and choices make her a Gryffindor.

Pand0ra

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
I know that ANY type could like Harry Potter as equally as any type could hate it, but I reckon the most likely type to *love* it would probably be I*FP, the most likely to hate - ISTJ. My HP hating brother is an ISTJ so I may be a bit biased here...

As far as the houses thing goes, I think Gryffindor and Hufflepuff could be seen as being S over N, Ravenclaw and and Slytherins more T over F. But that's just guesswork (which can be enjoyable, don't get me wrong.)

I (an INTP) was sorted into Gryffindor, my ENFP and 2 ISFP friends are Slytherin, I also have an ISFP friend in Ravenclaw. Which just about contradicts everything I said above :D

plastic

MBTI Type
????
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Side note: Pottermore's sorting hat has a random component, so even if we had MBTI data for the houses we would have to adjust for that first.

This is more about what types fit which houses than what types are hp fans/haters.

Gryffindors are motivated by bravery. Hufflepuffs, by loyalty. Slytherins, ambition, and Ravenclaws, knowledge.

Overall, I see Gryffindor and Hufflepuff as F's and Slytherins and Ravenclaws as T's. Both Fi and Fe fit well in Gryffindor or Hufflepuff. Hufflepuff might also see some STJ's who value steadfast loyalty. Calculating Slytherins strike me as predominately T's, including ST and NT. I think Ravenclaws are overwhelmingly NT.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm an HP fan, partly because I enjoy all the layers of symbolism and probably read all sorts of stuff into it that might not be there. I enjoy fanfic, too. (And I generally get Slytherin on sorters, too.)

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Any emo kid xNFP or stupid xSFJ girl.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm a Harry Potter fan and usually get sorted into Ravenclaw. The most avid fans I've noticed tend to be INxx types. I think I types go more in depth when they are interested in something and because its a fantasy series, I could see its appeal to N types. Not that E and S types can't enjoy it.

N

NPcomplete

Both Slytherin and Ravenclaw want me to be in their houses. :D

wistfulwillow

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So I'm a little late but...
This seems accurate. I'm an INFJ, my brother is an INTP, many of my friends are INxx. We're all obsessed.

S

SingSmileShine

I am a huge Harry Potter fan! And an ENFP, as you can see. :)

Gryffindor. Yup.

Nicki

Retired
ENTJ and completely obsessed. I mean obsessed obsessed. Writing/reading literature analysis essays and reading fanfiction all the time obsessed. No regrets. I'm either a Slytherin or Gryffindor.