• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What will Elfboy and Speed Gavroche type Dick Clark as?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not questioning my type in case you're wondering, but yes it is. MBTI has nothing to do with how emotional, social, ambitious or whatever one is and everything to do which the cognitive functions one is most comfortable with.

Have you ever taken a version of the MBTI, with all the I/E and J/P questions that are omitted from cognitive functions tests? Of course it's not going to ask you how emotional you are, it's going to ask how you make decisions, with your head or your heart. And it's going to ask if you prefer interpersonal harmony over objectivity.

I am a feeler, but there is nothing emotional or compassionate about me. I might be subjective, but I am a logical and emotionally stable person and I feel a lot of ENFPs are, particularly those with strong Te. the questions of most MBTI tests are shallow and surface level and don't give an accurate description of anything (though Enneagram tests are even worse lol)

You don't seem to have read Psychological Types, because Jung preceded each chapter on types with a section on types in general: feeling in general, thinking in general, sensing in general, intuition in general.

Given this, it is simply a matter of creating a test geared toward those functions in general - i.e., not related to attitudes, I and E. And there you have half of the MBTI. The other half of the questions is devoted to determining I/E and J/P.

this doesn't work. there are different types of introversion measured by different kinds of tests. in MBTI, it simply has to do with function order, and many ENFPs in other models of E/I test as introverts, self included.

The question is, can you get to the E in ENFP through an I/E test alone? Not if you are an ambivert (even ignoring all the variations not related to any of this). But that's a limitation upon both JCF and MBTI too, as they both assume an I/E dichotomy. So it's really a matter of you admitting that none of these tests work for you because they are based in crappy systems.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
a seance by a sham psychic who has power over a sham technology to settle a debate over a sham theory

:burns: excellent... I shall find some investors who will happily invest in such an enterprise... I'm sure that it shall go along quite swimmingly :devil:

the ghost of tupac may finally tell us what HIS MBTI type is :holy:

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, it looks like I was wrong about you.

That's exactly what I pegged him as. The fact that he'd been doing the same routine every New Years Eve for who knows how long (no matter how ill he was), probably because he felt it was his responsibility, is what led me to think Guardian. Combined with his outgoing personality and friendly demeanor, I concluded ESFJ, as well. He's a great example of a masculine ESFJ (they seem stereotyped as being effeminate, where I tend to see them as more salesmanlike).

I concluded 3w2, as well. Not sure about the instinctual variants, but I was thinking so/sx.

He made me quicly think about Regis Philbin, another ESFJ. He seems more protective than him though, so rather Sp/Sx than So/Sx. Sames instinctual variant than Johnny Carson, I think.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Huh, didn't know he had passed away. Requiescat in pace.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You would have totally been in love with Dick Clark...when Dick Clark was 16.
Starry's right, imo. Dick Clark was a cutie!

264497-a-young-dapper-dick-clark.jpg

Wait, have you guys actually not heard of Dick Clark? I'm not old (early 20s) but I thought almost everyone knew who he was.
Yeah, that was my first thought. I'm about the same age as Elfboy (early 20s), and younger than Speed Gavroche (I think?), but I'd heard of Dick Clark.

Also, Uber's not that old either!

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Yeah, that was my first thought. I'm about the same age as Elfboy (early 20s), and younger than Speed Gavroche (I think?), but I'd heard of Dick Clark.

Also, Uber's not that old either!

As far as I can tell, SG is about 16.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
As far as I can tell, SG is about 16.
:huh: Really. He looks like he's in his early twenties, in his photos!

But it's possible, I guess. :shrug:

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
:huh: Really. He looks like he's in his early twenties, in his photos!

But it's possible, I guess. :shrug:

Not sure, but that may have been a joke implying Speed is immature.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not sure, but that may have been a joke implying Speed is immature.

I recall him stating his age some time back, but maybe he had a birthday since then. He will then use that to prove that I am "WRONG" or that I LOSE.

Starry

264497-a-young-dapper-dick-clark.jpg

Yah. If I'm remembering correctly...I think Dick Clark was pretty well known for his youthful appearance as well. And positive attitude. I didn't really know of him all that much...but after seeing some footage of him this one time...

He had had a stroke...but still went ahead and did his New Year's Eve thing. And you could tell he was having a difficult time speaking...but he still totally did it and was super happy and positive and stuff (and then I think of myself...like if I had an upset stomach...or just felt a little down that day I would be like...'sorry can't do the show tonight'...???) That just really left an impression on me. I think he was a really strong, happy person that sincerely cared for other people. I could definitely see ESFJ as his type.