• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What Type is Yoda?

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Is Yoda an ENFP?

I was watching Star Wars again the other day for the first time since reading about MBTI and I thought Yoda seemed quite ENFP. Here is my reasoning...

1. The first time you meet him in Empire Strikes Back he is playing around with Lukes torch and giggling and throwing things at R2 and seems totally nuts then the next second he is telling Luke the deeper meaning of the Universe.

2. He sits around and does nothing most of the time, but has the answers when people need them.

3. He is a little green man who has better fighting moves than anyone in the universe, but lives in a hole on some weird planet. Definitely strange enough for an NFP!

4. He can't construct sentences in the right order.

Nillerz

MBTI Type
ENFP
I can construct sentences better than the Op. >:C

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yoda was an ENFJ, wasn't he?

Just keeping it light. It suddenly dawned on me that Yoda was an ENFJ. :bananallama: What do you think?

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think INFJ.

G

Glycerine

He's INFJ or that is the general consensus. We just get the crazy kooks.... no one special like yoda, lol.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Extraverts are known for spending decades in swamps and avoiding interaction with reality whatsoever.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm gonna go against the grain and say INFP.

I think Obi-Wan was a lot more INFJ.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
didn't seem very extroverted to me. I would agree with the INFJ association. Don't think he was a P, seemed to use more Ni and Ti than Ne and Te, but that's just my edumacated guess.

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I agree that Obi Wan was INFJ. I still maintain Yoda was an older ENFJ...the function order seems to be Fe/Ni, not Ni/Fe. If you look carefully, everything goes back to his Fe.

Also Jock, if I were a psychic who knew by a magical Force that the only way the universe could be saved was to desert myself on a swamp planet and wait for an obnoxious ISFJ, i'd STILL do it (DESTINY is an ENFJ concept my brotha). Besides...Degobah was probably a lot like my original home as Yoda.

G

Glycerine

Was Luke the ISFJ. I think I've seen him typed as the quintessential INFP?

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yoda is soooo INFP.

Ne:

“Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you; here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere, yes. Even between the land and the ship.”

He seems pretty constantly focused on explaining the interconnectedness of everything (Ne), and he spends a lot more time talking about personal feelings and emotions (his as well as others') than does the obviously INFJ Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan's insistence that his lie about Vader "murdering Luke's father" was true "from a certain point of view" is classic Ni--but Yoda doesn't mince words or sidestep problems this way. His ethical view is private, personal and deeply ingrained--seems like Fi to me. He's always directly informing Luke of the dangers associated with losing touch with his own emotions; that's so Fi!

I think Fi+Ne is pretty clear. Where are you guys getting Ni or Fe?

Was Luke the ISFJ. I've seen him typed as the quintessential INFX, more likely INFP?

Luke is pretty clearly ISFP.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Yoda is soooo INFP.

Ne:

“Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you; here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere, yes. Even between the land and the ship.”

He seems pretty constantly focused on explaining the interconnectedness of everything, and he spends a lot more time talking about personal feelings and emotions (his as well as others') than does the obviously INFJ Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan's insistence that his lie about Vader "murdering Luke's father" was true "from a certain point of view" is classic Ni--but Yoda doesn't mince words or sidestep problems this way. His ethical view is private, personal and deeply ingrained--seems like Fi to me.

I think Fi+Ne is pretty clear. Where are you guys getting Ni or Fe?

Luke is pretty clearly ISFP.

you might be right, it's hard not to type a force-user as an Ni user. I can find plenty of Yoda quotes to support him being a Ni user but you could say that for a bunch of Jedi.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
you might be right, it's hard not to type a force-user as an Ni user. I can find plenty of Yoda quotes to support him being a Ni user but you could say that for a bunch of Jedi.

I'd like to see them, if you don't mind looking some up. I think his N is pretty clearly extroverted--he explains connections between different contexts and how all things and people are more similar to each other than we think they are. I'd even go so far as to say the "The Force" is more of an Ne concept than an Ni one, since it actually does directly impact events in the outside world.

Ni doesn't do that; it's all about changing the way you look at it. If The Force were purely a placebo effect based on looking at it the right way, then it would be more Ni, but it's not--it's a real, live, actual connection between things in the outside world that can be tapped into to actively manipulate and change one's surroundings. That's not very Ni, but it sure is pretty Ne.

Yoda's F is also ridiculously personal. Note that he's much more resolute about what he feels and believes personally than other Jedi, especially Obi-Wan, and there's no fudging these moral absolutes by just "looking at it a different way." Unlike Obi-Wan (who believes via Fe that ethics are dependent upon external context), Yoda never, ever intentionally misleads Luke (or anyone else) because that would violate his non-negotiable personal ideals. That's classic Fi.

I think Yoda vs. Obi-Wan is a great example of INFP vs. INFJ, actually.

G

Glycerine

haha you just want Yoda to be on team INFP because he's so cool. ;)

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I'd like to see them, if you don't mind looking some up. I think his N is pretty clearly extroverted--he explains connections between different contexts and how all things and people are more similar to each other than we think they are. I'd even go so far as to say the "The Force" is more of an Ne concept than an Ni one, since it actually does directly impact events in the outside world.

Ni doesn't do that; it's all about changing the way you look at it. If The Force were purely a placebo effect based on looking at it the right way, then it would be more Ni, but it's not--it's a real, live, actual connection between things in the outside world that can be tapped into to actively manipulate and change one's surroundings. That's not very Ni.

Yoda's F is also ridiculously personal. Note that he's much more resolute about what he feels and believes personally than other Jedi, especially Obi-Wan, and there's no fudging these moral absolutes by just "looking at it a different way." That's classic Fi.

I think Yoda vs. Obi-Wan is a great example of INFP vs. INFJ, actually.

"Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not. Attachment leads to jealousy. The shadow of greed, that is." ―yoda

"Careful you must be when sensing the future, Anakin. The fear of loss is a path to the dark side." ―yoda

"Yes. A Jedi's strength flows from the Force. But beware the dark side. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side of the Force are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a fight. If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny." ―Yoda to Luke

these sound like traditional Ni wisdom if I understand correctly. Although there are also external connections Yoda makes in leaps (Ne). The force involves the ultimate connection and flow of all things, but it also enables hints of relations with processes and objects and the unfolding of events over time before they happen. The force also deals with visions and mental imagery, which is also pretty Ni. Although this does not make a force user more likely to use Ni than Ne and vice versa, it does accommodate the means of both. Overall the force is entirely N, but I'd say the concept appears very Ne, while the underlying uses and applications of the force would seem very Ni.

Pitseleh said:
haha you just want Yoda to be on team INFP because he's so cool. ;)

well...he would definitely be a nice addition (and replacement for some listed INFPs I don't quite like). :)