• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Instances of INFJ in media?

Ribonuke

MBTI Type
esTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm not sure if this is the right place for me to ask this, but I was wondering...

Are there any instances of INFJ female characters? The reason I ask is because I'm having trouble knowing how I come across to other people, and I think getting to know about it through characters I'm already familiar with might help me 'figure it out'. (I'm not good at judging myself). Now...I'd like some more detailed examples, if possible, instead of just copy-and-pasting from the nearest list you found on Google; none of those lists give enough detail for list a character I'm familiar enough with to really make an example.

Okay, maybe I can make it easier if I do it this way; I'll list some of the movies/tv series I'm most familiar with, and if you guys know of an INFJ character in them, could you please let me know?

TV series:
Firefly
Dark Angel
Game of Thrones
Six Feet Under
Bones

Movies:
Inglourious Basterds
Pulp Fiction
Kill Bill Vol. 1 & 2
Blade Runner
The Road Warrior
The Long Kiss Goodnight
The Assassin Next Door

Other:
Homestuck (MSPA webcomic)

That's all I can think of right now...any INFJ's in any of these?

Ribonuke

MBTI Type
esTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Maybe Daenerys.

I don't remember much about some things you've listed. I'd say Sam Jackson in Pulp Fiction could either be ENFJ or ESTP though.

O.O Daenerys??

Wow, that made my day. xD I connected with her and her plotline right from the get-go!

KDude

O.O Daenerys??

Wow, that made my day. xD I connected with her and her plotline right from the get-go!

Yeah, I couldn't exactly give a solid reason why though. She's like an IFJ for the most part, but the way she envisions herself with the Dothraki and the dragons seem so Ni.

I connected with Arya.. and I'm a 30 year old man. Probably ISTP too. Maybe it is type related. hah

Ribonuke

MBTI Type
esTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeah, I couldn't exactly give a solid reason why though. She's like an IFJ for the most part, but the way she envisions herself with the Dothraki and the dragons seem so Ni.

I connected with Arya.. and I'm a 30 year old man. Probably ISTP too. Maybe it is type related. hah

XD maybe it is!

Well, I can see where the Ni comes in; I can remember in the beginning, when her bossy brother was making her marry the Dothraki king and she was all worried and such...she didn't know what she was supposed to expect, hence her nervousness. But once she realizes she's in a position of power, she makes the most of it (but still in a respectful way).

Another instance I can probably relate to is the episode where Viserys is given a crown of gold, when her helper tells her to look away, but she says she wants to watch. While one may chalk it up to her showing her strong, bad@$$ side by not looking away, I think she also wanted to have that sense of closure; I remember when my I had to put my cat down, I wanted to be in the room with her when they did it because I wanted that sense of closure. I also wanted to look at the body of my deceased dog before we buried her. In both of those instances, my ISFJ mother could NOT bear to watch the euthenasia or see the body of my dog...but I HAD to. I feel like if I try to separate myself from the emotional or horrifying...I'll never come to grips with it.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
I'm not very familiar with TV series, but I do think Kanaya from Homestuck (another fan? :D) is, at the very least, an IxFJ. (Not sure on N or S.)

"You don't meddle or mediate. You help, dammit!"

WV might also be INFJ. I'm fairly confident that both of them are Enneatype 1, though.

Ribonuke

MBTI Type
esTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm not very familiar with TV series, but I do think Kanaya from Homestuck (another fan? :D) is, at the very least, an IxFJ. (Not sure on N or S.)

"You don't meddle or mediate. You help, dammit!"

WV might also be INFJ. I'm fairly confident that both of them are Enneatype 1, though.

Yeah, I got INFJ vibes from Kanaya, because while she does indulge in sensory hobbies, she seems to have a more intuitive means of carrying them out. But that's just my personal opinion.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The male researcher dude in bones

Sol_

MBTI Type
ESTJ
IAre there any instances of INFJ female characters? The reason I ask is because I'm having trouble knowing how I come across to other people

Characters as models of behavior are bad because only real people have Jungian type. Characters have no restrictions wich real people have.

Examples of real INFJ people you may get here. Then you may look their interviews and biographies for info about their behavior.

instead of just copy-and-pasting from the nearest list you found on Google

There are no seriosly based such lists and when people do not know types versions of others they get very low match in typing (< 30%). So as other authors of such lists I do not recommend you to use any list besides mine, and when you use such lists always remember - it's just hypotheses, not objective truth.

S

Society

off the tip of my head:

TV series:
Firefly
5925.gif

Dark Angel (sort of, just barely)
0001fwbe

Game of Thrones
daenerys-targaryen-game-of-thrones-17904234-500-281.jpg

Movies:
Inglourious Basterds
200px-Hans_Landa_IB_2009.jpg

lionslexicon

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx
Firefly: Inara Serra struck me as a maybe-INFJ.

Homestuck: Aranea and Kanaya (notably both Slyphs) both have that helping-not-meddling vibe about them, what with Aranea trying to fix the timeline and Kanaya taking part in all sorts of meddlesome affairs within the troll group. Also WV might be a contender for INFJ, with his rich fantasy world of Can Town.

rmrf

Rock on Black Lagoon
Alicia on The Good Wife
Lisa Simpson
Michael Scofield on Prison Break (INFJ that looks like an INTJ)
Kyle on South Park
Molly Hooper on BBC Sherlock

Mane

Permabanned
I've been watching fringe, and... Olivia Dunham seems like a near-perfect fit.

The function that she serves in the group - and the FBI as a whole - is very much putting her Ni to the task. She works through things by looking at the information until a pattern comes up, her entire process is... Ni. When she does find it, she'll be stubborn as fuck about it and everything will gain it's meaning from within the pattern. She is very good at assessing the potential in people and figuring out how to get the best out of them, such as maneuvering the relationship between the Bishop's father and son, and yet she's almost as good in determining what perspectives she'd rather not think take or think about (Including others or - more often then not - her own), controlling her own focus and blocking things out of her mind, and suffering quite a bit when attempting to resolve conflicting perspectives she has on people (Such as with John & Walter). On the surface her cold exterior makes her come across as nearly TJish, but she defines herself by her emotional connections and inter-personal meanings, which is generally her main focus and motivation. and her morality tends to be rooted more in those relationships then anything else. She can also be seen in contrast to Bolivia, who is a lot more of an ISTP wearing the same shoes.

IMO this isn't just an INFJ by the profile, it's an INFJ by someone who knows that mindset very well, perhaps inspired by someone they know in real life, but considering she is kind of the protagonist, I wouldn't be surprised if they are that themselves. In contrast, their portrayal of Ne in dr. Walter or Si in agent Broyles don't come close to their portrayal of the internal process of Ni, in the sense that they depict the external aspects of Ne & Si better then the process, while Ni seems to be depicted from the perspective of an Ni user.