• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Girl With The Dragon Tatoo

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo - What Type Is She?

Votes: 1 8.3%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 8 66.7%

Votes: 1 8.3%

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What MBTI and Enneagram type do you think this character is?

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think she is a 5w6 sx/sp.

VagrantFarce

She's definitely a 5 -a very damaged one, at that.

I can imagine someone saying an 8 because she's so hostile, but she's only been driven that way by a world that has abused her so much. If you watch the film and read the books, you will recognise that she's just a quiet, solitary girl who wants to keep to herself and to her own intellectual persuits.

Consider the following clip:

[video=youtube;COyaQzDDWaM]5[/video]

Look at the way she withdraws from something as innocuous as a friendly greeting, the way she walks to her chair and finally sits down, the way she balks at the man's questions, her terse & unfriendly responses - she's clearly afraid of making any sort of emotional attachment to the world around her, and actively pushes against it with a quiet, subversive manner. The unease is so thick you could cut it with a knife.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What MBTI type do you think she is? ISTP maybe?

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I think she is a 5w6 sx/sp.

I dunno...

I'm close to agreeing with you, but I think she's more likely sp first.

I like these descriptions of 5w6 instinctual variants:

5w6 sx/soc - "The Mad Theorist." The most mentally intense of all types, a speculative imagination teams up with a visionary intellect to produce an eccentric style that cannot stop theorizing on the frontiers of science, envisioning alternate realities, or predicting the future. Fascinated by the paranormal, the unexplained, the six wing adds a sense of conspiratorial intrigue. They possess abundant nervous energy and are anxious to discharge their thoughts onto others, though the forcefulness of their ideas and sometimes frenzied delivery may overwhem their audience.

5w6 sx/sp - "From Another Planet." Less attracted to mundane science, more likely to be captivated by the unusual and complex universes that populate cutting edge sci-fi. Slow to trust but driven to engage with others, may offer hints about their secret interests to test a person's receptiveness. They share their private ideas and knowledge as a way to get closer. This tactic may unintentionally win them many friends, but leave them just as removed from any romantic prospects. Not as nerdish though a bit on the odd side, others may find them strangely appealing. Overall, the most atypical 5w6, can be mistaken for 5w4.

5w6 sp/sx contributed by jase
is the most private of Fives, not as emotionally detached but more socially oblivious. They would likely find their niche within a stable, low maintenance relationship, in a safe environment where they're insulated from the demands of others. They have an endearing quality uncommon to other Fives, so I see this type as more heavily Six winged.

5w6 sp/so "The Engineer". contributed by jase
Probably the furthest removed of all types from their own emotional life. The most practical minded and hardest working of Fives, prefer to work with complex physical systems over mere theory. In some ways this might be the purest version of Five.

5w6 so/sp "The Scientist" contributed by jase
the most hyper intellectual of all types, they value pure rational thought above all else. The most theoretical of Fives, not as hands-on experimental as the tinkering sp/soc 5w6, they seek to advance theory over technology. This may be the most recognized "face" associated with type Five, as seen in movies such as "A Beautiful Mind."

5w6 so/sx "The Goofball" contributed by jase
think of the main characters from "Revenge of the Nerds", a bunch of highly social, highly sexualized, irresponsible self pres lasters goofing off, at least that's how I remember it. This is probably the most Sevenish and outwardly humorous kind of Five, they value being smart but also want to be cool. I imagine several classic comedic performers were soc/sx 5w6.

She sounds a lot more like the two sp doms than the two sx doms...

As for MBTI type: I haven't read the books, but while watching the Swedish versions, I was thinking INTJ, but ISTP makes sense too...

In fact, I'd probably go with ISTP over INTJ, but I'd be interested in hearing peoples' arguments...