• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Madoka Kaname: INFP 2w1 sp/so

Homura Akemi: ISTJ 4w5 sx/sp

Sayaka Miki: ESFP 2w3 sx/so

Mami Tomoe: INFJ 1w2 sp/so*

Kyoko Sakura: ESTP 8w7 sx/sp

Kyubey: INTJ 5w6 sp/so

*I'm completely unsure of this particular typing; currently it's no more than a guess.

Moonflower

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
As I mentioned already in the anime list thread, Miki seems ESFJ.

Silveresque

Madoka - ISFJ 9w1 (INFP would be my second guess)
Sayaka - ENFP 2w3

These are my guesses. Most of them I agree with, except for those two. Although I haven't finished watching the series yet, so I might end up changing my mind later as I get to know the characters better.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Madoka - ISFJ 9w1 (INFP would be my second guess)

I've seen others say ISFJ, although I'm not sure where the Fe is. Granted that you haven't finished the series, I'll decline for now her most significant actions in the last episode that could verify Fi dom. As for 9w1, that could actually work very well; she's extremely conflict avoidant and emotionally fragile to boot.

Sayaka - ENFP 2w3

Ne dom can certainly work for her; it's either that or Se dom, although I'm still not sure which.

These are my guesses. Most of them I agree with, except for those two. Although I haven't finished watching the series yet, so I might end up changing my mind later as I get to know the characters better.

Ah in that case, hurry and watch the rest of the series! It's simply amazing. :D

Silveresque

I've seen others say ISFJ, although I'm not sure where the Fe is. Granted that you haven't finished the series, I'll decline for now her most significant actions in the last episode that could verify Fi dom. As for 9w1, that could actually work very well; she's extremely conflict avoidant and emotionally fragile to boot.

She's definitely either ISFJ or INFP. I could go either way, but so far she really reminds me of some ISFJ's I know. Anyways, I'll look forward to the last episode!

Ne dom can certainly work for her; it's either that or Se dom, although I'm still not sure which.

She seems like an NF temperament to me, especially when she gets into the whole "Why is he disabled instead of me? My hands work perfectly fine, but I can't do anything with them." (not an exact quote) She seems idealistic about how the world should be and points out when things in life are unfair. I just watched that episode yesterday. :p

Ah in that case, hurry and watch the rest of the series! It's simply amazing. :D

Two episodes left! I love this show! :D

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
She seems like an NF temperament to me, especially when she gets into the whole "Why is he disabled instead of me? My hands work perfectly fine, but I can't do anything with them." (not an exact quote) She seems idealistic about how the world should be and points out when things in life are unfair. I just watched that episode yesterday. :p

That's a good point, ENFP does seem more likely in that regard than ESFP. :yes:

Two episodes left! I love this show! :D

Awesome! Indeed, it was an amazing show; it's one of my new top favorite animes :D

Mewkuro12

MBTI Type
Infp
Madoka infp full on Fi in her own head. Ne full with zero ni. She sucks at thinking about future and is possibilities oriented. Si over se. She always thinking of the past talks and ideas she talked about with friends. She is a healthy infp. Infp can come off as having loads of fe. She has not expressed the need though to connect with others until She found out about Homoura suffering which is what Fi would do.

Sayaka esfp. Look at alibaba from magi or rin okumura for great esfp. esfp can be idealistic if they want too. You literally have to just throw them into the fire pit for their idealistic side to finally come out. enfp have an air of innocence about them when healthy. Sayaka is very healthy and she has zero innocence air about her. (Enfp are not innocent though xD they just have that atmosphere). (My best friend younger was esfp and trust me if he wanted too he could become idealistic. I don't think caring about others and contemplating things has anything to do with type honestly. All the types are capable of it).

Homoura intj I say this because she thinks about the future with ni a lot and has no need for possibilities which is ne. I think an intj has the most capability to think "oh I can stop time so I am going to go to a military base and steal their stuff without leaving any evidence behind", she is excellent at dealing with situations in the moment which is se. She does not think of the past that often unless someone brings it up to her. Her Fi links her to madoka. She goes through time lines a lot and came up with loads of different plans each time to try and save Madoka. She figures out she needs to hone her abilities and experiments with what she has to prepare for the future.

Masokissed

Spoiled Brat 🍒
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Madoka: ISFJ

Sayaka: ESFP. Empathy doesn't equal NF.

Homura: INFP

Mami: ENFJ

I'm not very far in.

Mewkuro12

MBTI Type
Infp
I did a lot of research on differences between infp and infj (which is like isfj (isfj and infj both have fe and I explain the differences a lot below, but I think this is ok. Infp fits madoka more if you have a read of this. Infj has been typed for her too)
This is just my observation.

Infj tend to tutor infps. Think yoda (infj) who tutors luke skywalker (infp). Yoda only starts fighting when he knows he's just needed. Luke runs into the battle right away to help. To compare them look at disney princesses. Disney did their own chart: pocahantus infj and belle from beauty and beast is infp. Infp when extremely healthy can come off as having fe but really they are fi. Madoka kaname is infp but she has confused people with her well developed fe. She obviously is an infp from other angles though.
i think with infj all you gotta look for is wisdom beyond their years or they pretty much see what is going to happen before it happens coming off as psychic.
infj are trying to advance others and society while infp are trying to advance themselves and others. (Madoka has done the latter and not the former)

infj like to help people for the sake of helping others while Infp like to do things because it's meaningful (unless someone's crying or dying obviously xD). (Madoka has literally contemplated the latter with Kyubey)

Infp are more true to themselves. Infjs tend to blend in and just agree with everything their friends say.

Infj tend to care about balance in the atmosphere and what people think of them. Infp tend not too. (They do want balance but they won't change who they are).

Infj fo come off as gentle, elegant and serious. Infp come across as clumsy, quiet and cautious. (With strangers). (Madoka is not elegant and serious. She is cute and clumsy)

Infp think about how they would feel in a bad situation and take time to process what's going on while infj just know right away. (She took forever to process the problems that was going on). An fe user would just understand right away).

Infp more fixed in their ideals and beliefs. Infp do get hurt easily but easily forgive. and won't roll over when someone tries to attack them if they're on their last legs. They never forget their own problems and go straight back to their own right away after helped a friend (they'll always stick to their ideals even when helping a friends. If it goes against their code they'll just leave).
Infj are fixed in their ideals but tend to be more secretive about them. With friends they can roll over and get lost in their friends problems forgetting their own.

Infp and Infj have similar ideals when both healthy but proceed with it differently. infp get it done right away cuz people are getting hurt. Infj will wait for when they're trully needed. (Now this may confuse people. She didn't actually wait for when she was truly needed when she was needed that was literally the moment that she figured out what she needed to do)

Infp are more about suggesting things than convincing people. Infj may be a bit more forceful with their morals. Infp: what if it was like this? / Infj: it shouldn't be like this. We need to find a way to make it better now.

infp are all for being themselves to inspire others while infj are all for helping others and encouraging them to do better. (She does not blend in to help people like an infj does. She stands out very much).

infp tend to be more artistic and creative with their minds off in lala land than Infj (Infj do this too but Infp do it extremely).

Infj x Infp tend to be the heroes in situations in reality/fiction (when Infp get their butt in gear anyway). Infp tend to die winning in a good cause. They tend to be martyrs and will fight a a cause on their own not caring if others join either you follow or don't.
Infj tend to encourage people to help them out and likes to have the globe working together to succeed in a cause if they can. (Martin Luther king is a wonderful Infj example). (Pretty much madoka decided to bare the burden on her own instead of asking for help like an fe user would).

Infj is fe. Infp is fi.
Fe often comforts other people. It knows what to say, to make things okay, or at least reassure them that they are not alone. Fi often acts to help other people. It knows what to do, to make things okay, and it never acts as if it understands when it doesn’t – it just offers support. (Link to website below for where got this sentence). (When sayaka and Homoura broke down crying she did not sugar coat things to make them feel better she left because she felt uncomfortable with their ray of emotions)

That is, really, what identifies Fe, the mentality of “WE are in this TOGETHER.”

Inferior Fi becomes hissy and self-contained; they feel misunderstood and wronged. Inferior Fe lets people have it, bursts into tears, and sometimes gets violent.

Fi is less reluctant to judge someone else’s behavior, because Fi believes that ethics are all internalized and subjective to self. So FPs are very much “do what you want” in a sense, and reluctant to judge others harshly Fe has no problem judging other people as wrong or immoral, because its’ ethical consensus is external and objective. It’s obvious that this behavior is wrong, and to call it anything else would be inappropriate. (Throughout thing she wants everyone to be friends and does not completely judge them like an fe user would which is isfj and infj)

this is when Infp and Infj are unhealthy: Generally, I think it all comes down to motivation. Fe often manipulates with the intention of shaping someone else into being exactly like they are, or out of a joy at provoking an emotional response. Fi manipulates for specific reasons and/or the desire to control other people.
Character mention who is infj: kenshin himura

I didn't write this part onwards someone else did. The website link to them is on my quotev page with this writing posted.

INFp's Extroverted Ethics will give them the impression of being very warm, friendly, and emotionally open people. They'll likely jump at the opportunity to say hi to you (if they know you, that is), and will ask all sorts of questions about you and your emotional life in casual conversation. [s:c079b6b36d]They have strong morals, but their Introveted Ethics is considerably weaker than their Extroverted Ethics, leading them to sometimes sacrifice principle to achieve desirable relations with others.[/s:c079b6b36d] (I'm rethinking this concept. My moral system may be more focused on outward treatment of others). Still, I've made some significant Introveted Ethics blunders in my life that I still can't stop thinking about, even to this day.

INFj's Introveted Ethics will give them the impression of being very moral, ascetic beings. They are kind and approachable, but unlike their bubblier INFp counterparts, they radiate a seeming sadness and seriousness. They value self-sacrifice, loyalty, steadfastness, and principle. Their Extroverted Ethics is considerably weaker than their Introveted Ethics, making them seem cold and unfeeling at times. I once asked about an INFj I knew, "is she as mean as she looks?"

INFp: Extroverted Sensing dual seeking

INFj: Extroverted Logic dual seeking

INFps crave adventure and stimulation. They love exciting, novel atmospheres in which they can meet all sorts of new people and have all sorts of new experiences. I, for one, can't get enough of road trips :). They can also be very sexually adventurous and rebellious despite seeming modest at first. They are also very spontaneous and love doing things on the fly.

INFjs crave atmospheres in which they can discuss their values and other topics of intellectual interest with close friends. They're often serious, religious (if not observantly religious, philosophical) people who value stability and self-improvement. In defense of my fellow INFps, we are also very serious and value intellectualism and self-improvement, but not to the degree which INFjs do.

Lastly

INFp: Extroverted Logic POLr

INFj: Extroverted Sensing POLr

INFp's Extroverted Logic POLr manifests itself in their lack of organization and difficulty with business matters. Anything involving economics, bureaucratic paperwork, applying for jobs, etc. is anathema to INFps. They can do it when they apply themselves, but it will never be natural or enjoyable for them.

INFj's Extroverted Sensing POLr manifests itself in their aversion to change, squeamishness about health, and dislike of rough humor. They're also very sensitive to their physical surroundings. I'm probably missing a lot of things when I discuss the Extroverted Sensing POLr, but in essence its much more than being unathletic or tripping over things (I actually know some very athletic INFjs).

INFj anger seems to be more of a 'righteous' anger, e.g. about global issues, or whether someone has acted improperly etc. - INFps on the otherhand, don't like people telling them what they should make of their lives etc. (She told Kyubey to get lost for telling people and herself what their life's are. Live stock).

Best characters to look at for infp is N for males and sara crewe for females.

Mewkuro12

MBTI Type
Infp
I thought infp for Homoura too but then I did more research and she is isfp turned intj/istj. Madoka is the true infp.

For esfp sayaka look at alibaba from magi. Love that guy. He has so much empathy for others when he is given it in the moment.

Esfp (when mature anyway. Immature esfp likely avoid it and then cause trouble without meaning too) can be idealistic but they will do it at the right time and place not at random moments. They won't randomly blab about it like intuitives do. They have to be thrown into the firepit of disaster so to speak. Sayaka at the time of her idealism was in the moments and when she started becoming an unhealthy esfp.

In honesty Mami is the confusing one. I agree with enfj. But she can be infj too. She is not very good at predicting events though like infj this is why I say enfj.

Chrysanthe

Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Madoka - ISFJ
Homura - INTJ (she's the most confusing.)
Mami - ENFJ
Sayaka - ESFP
Kyoko - ESTP
Kyubey - ENTP (Though considering it's not human, I don't think it could be properly typed. However if it could, then it would most definitely have Fi in its superego.)

flourine

MBTI Type
UnK
Enneagram
2hu
Madoka - ISFJ; she doesn't have Fi. She has Fe.

A case for Madoka being ISFJ, from PerC's thread, on the same thing.
But like, Madoka consistently defines herself specifically through her relation (Si) to other people (Fe). She doesn't develop an identity of who she is on her own, like Sayaka who is the clearest Fi user, but devotes her energy to thinking about how to be acceptable to others, how to find an agreed place for herself, and in the end is happy and ready to claim a place defined by her service to entire peoples. It's Fe, Fe, Fe. She defines her individual self-hood as part of a greater collection of people. Her ultimate happiness is based on accepting the values of everyone instead of defining her own.

She's especially an Si dom in the regard that she's so sensitive to how she fits with others, what she can do and contribute, but more so specifically wanting to be someone who fits and contributes and fulfills a duty or service. Her compulsion to see herself as just one part of the group/community/et cetera is far too strong to be tertiary Si like an INFP, and too rooted in the collective to be individualistic Fi.

Homura - She is an INFP in a Fi-Si loop. This makes her look like an ISTJ, or an INTJ, but its clear that her life revolves around Fi, her obsession with Madoka.
Homura doesnt really have Se, infact in the first timelines she got dizzy whenever she tried to warm up for exercises. She has Ne, and it manifests when she is finding multiple (in this case every possible way) to solve the problem, in this case, saving Madoka. She also has no Ni. In Episode 10, where Madoka tells her to go back to stop her from contracting, she does what she asks. That's not Ni.

(from the other forum)
It was Madoka who begged Homura to change the past so everything is better. Which would mean that Homura doesn't follow her own goals until turning into a semi-witch. In other words, I cannot see any argument for Homura using Ni.
Her Si's obvious, since shes repeating the same time over and over and over, (approaching) 100 times, according to Word of God. More evidence towards Ne-Si and not Se-Ni.

(again from the other forum)
She also seems to be very creative with her short-term planning (stealing weapons from yakuza, using really heavy weaponry and hiding it very well) so higher Ne than Si.

Mami: ExFJ, I've seen a case for ESFJ in the other forum, but she's almost unanimously typed as an ENFJ.
Sayaka is the closest to ISFP, not Homura.
Kyoko is ESFP.
Kyubey: Some NT type, either INTP or ENTJ due to very low feeling (coming from a being with no emotions in the first place)