• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Chobits

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I re-read the manga series a few weeks ago when my power was out for two whole days (not like there was anything else to do), and so far my type list is . . . incomplete.

But honestly I found the supporting cast of characters in chobits to be somewhat, underdeveloped, or really, they aren't built up all that deeply. Or maybe I'm just not that good at typing :tongue:

Either way here's what I have so far; if anyone else has read the manga or seen the anime please contribute :)

Hideki: ISFP 2w1 sp/sx

He's most certainly an Fi user, that much was clear from reading the manga (case in point: his drunken 'you can't fight love and have to love people the right way' speech). As for Pe use, Se was very clear; he was very observant of his surroundings and noticed physical cues concerning the other characters. I also saw instances of Ni guessing; 'maybe x is sad beacuse of y?'. Also, no visible Te so to speak.

Enneagram wise, he seemed like the perfect 2; an altruistic and compassionate nice guy whom always helps others, but also concerned with finding a love of his own (given that he had a crush on three of the main female characters and was madly in love with Chi). Overall, sp/sx seemed about right (his 2ness isn't social related, so either sp/sx or sx/sp should fit, but I don't see enough intensity in him to be sx first).

Chi: INFP 2w1 sx/sp

Yeah, again Fi was blatently obvious here 'I need to find that someone special for me' and all that jazz. Chi is also deeply curious of the world around her and seems at least somewhat eager to explore and understand it; Ne. Also Si as well; recognizing the feelings from the past and communicating with her sister and what not. And again, no Te.

She's certain a 2 (although I thought 9 at first) sx; her desire for love is driven by an intense feeling of merging with a significant other.

Shimbo: ENFJ

He saw himself as Ms. Shimizu's savior and desired to protect her, and well as intuiting that something was emotionally wrong with her, which seems to be Fe+Ni, although I'm not too sure on this.

Plum: ESFP 7w6

This was all I could deduce; hyperactive genki-girl.

Ms. Hibiya: ESFJ

Saw herself as a mother to her two artifical daughters . . . Fe? Again not sure.

Minoru: ISFJ

Yeah most people type him a T because he's smart . . . but that's stupid. He clearly is fixated on his past, evident in that he created a persecom in the image of his dead sister (which also seems to be Fe).

Yuzuki: ExFJ

Saw herself externally as Minoru's replacemtn sister; Fe dom. Not sure yet if Si or Ni.

Ms. Shimizu: ESFJ 2w3 sx/so

Again, saw herself socially externally as to who she was; being a teacher and wife. When basically abondon by her husband (whom she sis not fully anticipate would develop an obsession over their perscom), she seems at a lost as to what to do and ends up almost accepting the betrayal while holding back her feelings; seems rather Fe and Si to me.

She's a 2w3 sx/so (as is, I think everyone in this fucking manga series, although I can't say for certain); a deeply loving and kindhearted person who is also cheerfull and extraverted.

Yumi: ESFP 4w3 sx/so

ESFP is a maybe. What was most evident about her was how she suffered from an awful inferiority complex, which automatically places her as a 2, 3, or 4. I thought 4w3 (no way in hell she's 4w5 or 2w1; not introverted enough), but overall I'm not sure.

Zima: ISFP 9w1 sp/sx

He's extremely laidback and coy, prefering to relax and manipulate things from behind the scenes to help out thr protagnoists from his own personal empathy.

Dita: ISTJ 6w5 sx/sp

Very serious and focused on doing her duty as Zima's protector, she bascially wants to quickly get the job done asap (and because she fears for the safety of Zima). Clear as hell ISTJ 6 if I ever saw one.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Wow, Chobits. Let's see...

Hideki - ESFP
Chi - IxFP
Shimbo - ESFJ
Plum - ESFP
Ms. Hibiya - ISFJ
Minoru - ISFJ (agreed.)
Yuzuki - ISFJ (I guess.)
Mrs. Shimizu - I don't really know, TBH.
Yumi - ESFJ

I agree with Zima and Dita, though I might be inclined to call Dita ESTJ instead of ISTJ.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Wow, Chobits. Let's see...

Hideki - ESFP

Where's the Te?

I agree with Zima and Dita, though I might be inclined to call Dita ESTJ instead of ISTJ.

I doubt it; she never seemed interested in possibilities nor shifting through multiple ideas, nor considering various 'what if's' or anything of the sort; rather she seems to be Ne inferior.