• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

James Franco

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've known plenty of EXFPs to be this way too, the ones who originally type themselves as introverts. But I totally get what you're saying. I'd like to say maybe to the IXFJ but my problem is I just don't see the stinking ni or si.

Right I don't either but that bothers me less than not seeing the ne or fi because I feel like I would and do so easily usually. And if you compare him with other known enfps they just don't vibe similarly at all. Like look at that video of Chris pine someone posted the other day. Just contrast that with this one.

B

brainheart

I think I get what that feels like in your brain an why that feels right for you and I would say the same for myself. I was a shy kid too... Like till middle school or something.

But...he just really doesn't seem fi to me at all. Where are you seeing fi?

My infp bf thinks he's isfj. And doesn't see fi either.

Honestly tho with the info I have to this point I think he's infj second guess isfj third guess enfj.

I need to think more about the Fi thing to give you a proper response. But like I said, he's got that extroverted perception I need to keep busy thing going on. I just don't see many ixfjs throwing themselves into a million projects at once like he does, and doing it in the sort of laissez-faire, let's see what happens way that he does.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I need to think more about the Fi thing to give you a proper response. But like I said, he's got that extroverted perception I need to keep busy thing going on. I just don't see many ixfjs throwing themselves into a million projects at once like he does, and doing it in the sort of laissez-faire, let's see what happens way that he does.

It's entirely possible you know more about him than I do and are working from a different si framework than I am but I did just watch him on the actors studio and felt like it was pretty good.

I don't think it's unlike an infj to have different projects going on at all either and has not been my experience with them.

B

brainheart

Right I don't either but that bothers me less than not seeing the ne or fi because I feel like I would and do so easily usually. And if you compare him with other known enfps they just don't vibe similarly at all. Like look at that video of Chris pine someone posted the other day. Just contrast that with this one.

Oh, well I was thinking ESFP now anyway, not ENFP, which maybe you missed in the multitude of posts. But I will give it and the IXFJ more thought.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I really do not think James Franco is an ESFP. Not that I don't think ESFPs can be intelligent, but what ESFP would get a degree at Yale like that, which they had no need to use? An ENFP might do that, an ISFP, maybe, but an ESFP? I think an ESFP would be content to merely be a successful Hollywood actor.

Anyway, I like the guy, regardless of his type. I think he's a Ne dom, though. The General Hospital thing, among his other stunts.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh, well I was thinking ESFP now anyway, not ENFP, which maybe you missed in the multitude of posts. But I will give it and the IXFJ more thought.

Oh I'm sorry I did see that... Or I saw exfp and was answering fi for both and ne for enfp meaning I don't see how either would work.

Ill think on it more too.

B

brainheart

I really do not think James Franco is an ESFP. Not that I don't think ESFPs can be intelligent, but what ESFP would get a degree at Yale like that, which they had no need to use? An ENFP might do that, an ISFP, maybe, but an ESFP? I think an ESFP would be content to merely be a successful Hollywood actor.

Anyway, I like the guy, regardless of his type. I think he's a Ne dom, though. The General Hospital thing, among his other stunts.

I agree that the laundry list of academic accomplishments is a little unusual for an ESFP. But I'm also married to an ESFP who never stops accomplishing stuff- and who also had the highest grade in his Calc 3 class in college. I wonder if ESFPs are ever content, honestly, based on my close relationship with one. The need to be doing is constant.

Yeah, the General Hospital thing, plus other stunts- that's why I thought Ne, too. But Se-doms can be plenty goofy and mischievous too.

I like the guy, too. I think he's an interesting person. And I like that he definitely does his own thing, that he's not following the standard way to be a movie star or whatever.

More than anything, like I've said before, I see him as an extroverted perceiver.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I agree that the laundry list of academic accomplishments is a little unusual for an ESFP. But I'm also married to an ESFP who never stops accomplishing stuff- and who also had the highest grade in his Calc 3 class in college.

So you think it could be a Se way of pushing for something greater? I dunno, I'm still voting for him as a Ne dom.

F

FigerPuppet

Well he's got a fe smile... In a big way.

Do you also think there's a causation between cranial capacity and intelligence - i.e. phrenology?
In other words, do you think Africans on average are less intelligent than ethnic Europeans because of their skull sizes?

If not, why do you think the appearance of a person's smile is indicative of his personality type?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Do you also think there's a causation between cranial capacity and intelligence - i.e. phrenology?
In other words, do you think Africans on average are less intelligent than ethnic Europeans because of their skull sizes?

If not, why do you think the appearance of a person's smile is indicative of his personality type?

because i don't think it has a thing to do with his face/mouth shape and everything to do with his personality. :mellow:

B

brainheart

Ok. So I watched that Charlie Rose interview again, and I think it's pretty apparent that-

1. his dominant function is a perceiving function.
2. He's fascinated with the idea of perception- how he is perceived and how to construct the interpretation of his life- like his life is that of a performance and he is a performing artist.

I noticed those things and then I read this:

Introverted Intuition

Quasi-defining statements

p. 222: "...draws our attention to immediate sensory phenomena. ... It prompts an interest in perception itself--the process of recognizing and interpreting what we take in."

p. 223: "Introverted Intuition would prompt us to liberate our sense impressions from their larger context, thereby creating new options for perception itself."

As a dominant function:

p. 225: "Where Extraverted Intuitives see many behavioral options, INJs acknowledge many conceptual standpoints. They experience no need to declare one inherently better than another. Indeed, these types have the disconcerting habit of solving a problem by shifting their perspective and defining the situation some other way."

I'm going to say, yes, I think this is his dominant function. He's way more into playing with concepts (Ni) than he is with considering the possibilities (Ne) or just living life as is (se).

Also, Fe does seem a preference more than Fi.

So I'm agreeing with you, [MENTION=5418]Lady X[/MENTION]. INFJ.

I think sometimes dominant perceivers can be easy to confuse if you aren't a dominant perceiver yourself, speaking as not one. I knew I should take the opinions of those who are, so that's why I gave it more thought.

It was bugging me, because he does seem introverted and I just couldn't make sense of it.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ok. So I watched that Charlie Rose interview again, and I think it's pretty apparent that-

1. his dominant function is a perceiving function.
2. He's fascinated with the idea of perception- how he is perceived and how to construct the interpretation of his life- like his life is that of a performance and he is a performing artist.

I noticed those things and then I read this:

I'm going to say, yes, I think this is his dominant function. He's way more into playing with concepts (Ni) than he is with considering the possibilities (Ne) or just living life as is (se).

Also, Fe does seem a preference more than Fi.

So I'm agreeing with you, [MENTION=5418]Lady X[/MENTION]. INFJ.

I think sometimes dominant perceivers can be easy to confuse if you aren't a dominant perceiver yourself, speaking as not one. I knew I should take the opinions of those who are, so that's why I gave it more thought.

It was bugging me, because he does seem introverted and I just couldn't make sense of it.

oh that's interesting. i hadn't read that about introverted intuition. that's a cool way of understanding what you were seeing.

S

Stansmith

He always came off as Se-Ni to me, rather than Ni-Se.

I can't see an INFJ telling reporters about his masturbation habits. His casual demeanor about a lot of things seems to suggest Pe.

I spend a fair amount of time alone, especially when I travel maybe to something like this or for work or whatever, but I'm in hotels a lot for a lot of my life. And I don't mind it because I have a lot of stuff to do on my own. I have a lot of reading to do for school or whatever. [pause, laughs] You asked! So, when I'm alone, I do masturbate a lot. I don't know why. It's like you have those days where it's just like, I have a ton of writing to do, or a ton of reading to do, and you're just like, OK, I'm going to be on the couch all day or in bed all day just doing that… I tend to have a four- or five-time day. [breaks out laughing] So, I probably would have if I was stuck under a rock.

He sounds like every SP when describing their day. Fi seems likely too.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
He went to my high school! sophomore year he was walking around campus with a video camera for a movie. I remember all of us following him around like crazy haha.

I've never seen interviews or anything but from my first impression and brief moment of interacting with him he seems more FJ than FP. I like Dave Franco more. He's the nicer and more attractive Franco.