• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Malcolm X

KDude

ESFP

no I'm not going to explain that. laugh away.

edit: Wait, maybe I should explain. His religious militancy (and intellectualism, I guess) came after a crisis point. He converted within prison. Before that, he seemed like a pretty umm.. libertine, flamboyant, and in the moment kind of dude. He was a criminal as well. "Detroit Red". A racketeer, a pimp, a robber.. I'm sure there are some ITJ pimps, but I think they tend to lean more on the side of prudence. The common thread between the two is Fi and Te. He definitely shows a lot of that too, but it didn't manifest itself like an TJ until later in his life. And even then, he was still unpredictable and rule breaking, more perciever like, rather than sticking to a singular vision as ITJs tend to do. He finally went against the Nation of Islam and changed his tune again. Then he was killed.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think he's INFJ 6w5 Sx/So, could also see 8w7

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I agree INFJ.

Both his Autobiography and review of his speeches illustrate his introverted intuition and extraverted feeling. He is both insightful and stubborn. He clearly believes he is right almost to the point of being beyond question. Together with his protectionist positioning and strong value system results in the computation of an INFJ.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENTP 6w5 So/Sp.

Not Sx/So, but So/Sp. Very in his head and intelectual, cold and unfeeling (NT), was energized by social cotact and public speech (ENT), use mainly Ti and Fe as his judging functions (ENTP then, not ENTJ), and was very dispationate about love and intimacy, very out of touch with his sensuality and the "alchimy" between him and his intimates. Typical Sx-last.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ENTP 6w5 So/Sp.

That's what a quick google comes up with too. I can see him being type 6, he's very reactive, and fights for cooperation. I think he is more about depth than breadth, his views are focused, then again he is very passionate. He definitely a thinker, he is about righteousness and justice from a rational standpoint.

KDude

Fighting for cooperation? What do you mean? If I'm misunderstanding what you're saying, correct me.. but.. He only did that at the end of his life.. and got killed for it. Up until that point, he was a segregationist - for the black side of things. He thought civil rights activists like MLK (the actual cooperative types), were wrong. He called Dr. King an "Uncle Tom". He finally came to peace with cooperation, but that wasn't the direction he started with.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I always got ENTP vibes as well.
A pretty boistrous Sanguine-Choleric; one of the most expressive and aggressive combinations, being both extraverted and pragmatic, and having the tough-minded "T".. Since he was involved all his life, first in crime, then in revolution, you saw mostly the Choleric side (NT), which was very cold and critical, in the area of action and leadership. Yet he did seem to have a friendlier side, and could be gracious (not naturally rejecting of people on the surface interaction level).
The fact that he would even try to find that white girl activist he had years ealier turned away under the Nation of Islam, after abandoning that movement, shows me someone people-focused or of the "informative" group; or NeFe.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
agree with ENTP

KDude

I think you all are too quick to label anyone with an intellectual bent an NT or NF. I'm of the mind that would say our types manifest earlier, rather than later in life. He was a highschool dropout, organized robbery and prostitution rings, and finally spent 10 years in prison for armed robbery. Do you have any friends in prison? I do. They're are all booksmart too now.

It reminds me of another conversation I had on another site, where someone wanted to argue that the actor Danny Trejo was an NF, because he was nice in interviews and lended his hand to humanitarian causes. But the guy was a former prisoner himself, at San Quentin, and had undergone a lot of changes. Spending time locked in one room kind of does that to most people.

Anyways, carry on. :coffee:

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think you all are too quick to label anyone with an intellectual bent an NT or NF. I'm of the mind that would say our types manifest earlier, rather than later in life. He was a highschool dropout, organized robbery and prostitution rings, and finally spent 10 years in prison for armed robbery. Do you have any friends in prison? I do. They're are all booksmart too now.

It reminds me of another conversation I had on another site, where someone wanted to argue that the actor Danny Trejo was an NF, because he was nice in interviews and lended his hand to humanitarian causes. But the guy was a former prisoner himself, at San Quentin, and had undergone a lot of changes. Spending time locked in one room kind of does that to most people.

Anyways, carry on. :coffee:

Well, I can't say much about Danny Trejo because I don't know about him, so I don't know what type he is, but a lot of Artisans, I think, devote themselves to humanitarian causes to make themselves look good.

I still don't believe that everyone who has done time is an Artisan, though. But like I said, I don't know much about Danny Trejo.

In the case of Malcolm X, I say he was a stone-cold Artisan who eventually transcended his natural tendencies by becoming wiser through exposure, as all types and temperaments can become.

KDude

I don't necessarily mean people who do time, but people who lived impulsively and carelessly (especially into their 20s), and became serious criminals enough to be called career criminals. NT wouldn't be my first choice at least. If he was, he was applying himself in a unique way.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't necessarily mean people who do time, but people who lived impulsively and carelessly (especially into their 20s), and became serious criminals enough to be called career criminals. NT wouldn't be my first choice at least. If he was, he was applying himself in a unique way.

I think he's an N because his speeches present a generalized idea, He doesn't emphasize one important detail, then the next. Instead he draws the big picture and then backs it up. Winston Churchill is a good example of an S dominant figure, he moves from point to point and describes each one in detail.