• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Archer

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Archer: ESFP
Lana: ESTJ
Cheryl/Carol/Cristal: ISFJ
Pam: ENFP
Cyril: INFP
Krieger: INTP
Mom: ENTJ
Ray: ENFJ

Last edited:

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I always saw Archer more as an ESTP (albeit a whiny one)

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Updating to revise Krieger to ISTP.

It was the penchant for filming and being aroused by bum fights that really tipped him over the edge.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Yeah, I'm with [MENTION=7897]spamtar[/MENTION].

I think Archer's an ESTP...

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Archer as ESTP is probably where I land, too. As for Krieger... I'm not 100% sure where I land with the ISTP vs INTP thing. He still does a fair amount of insane experiments that feel very INTP mad scientist-y. I'm not sure his (ever growing number of) weird sexual kinks necessarily push him into the ISTP arena.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Yeah, I'm with [MENTION=7897]spamtar[/MENTION].

I think Archer's an ESTP...

Archer as ESTP is probably where I land, too. As for Krieger... I'm not 100% sure where I land with the ISTP vs INTP thing. He still does a fair amount of insane experiments that feel very INTP mad scientist-y. I'm not sure his (ever growing number of) weird sexual kinks necessarily push him into the ISTP arena.

Honestly, ESTP works too. I think I may have trampled over my fictional character typing golden rule of "Keep it Simple, Stupid" but sometimes I can't help but try to be creative. I chose ESFP because he always vibes me as Se-Te hedonist with a supressed Fi core, the "poor man's ENTJ" if you will, but ESTP is just simpler. Occam's razor and all that.

Krieger, eh, he's more mad scientisty in terms of gadgetry, tinkering, more mechanically [I hate using this word with STPs because I think it conjures too many bad connotations but it's the best one I can think of at the moment] improvisational; it's really his whole outlook rather than just erotic bum-fighting that makes me think so.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Honestly, ESTP works too. I think I may have trampled over my fictional character typing golden rule of "Keep it Simple, Stupid" but sometimes I can't help but try to be creative. I chose ESFP because he always vibes me as Se-Te hedonist with a supressed Fi core, the "poor man's ENTJ" if you will, but ESTP is just simpler. Occam's razor and all that.

I noticed last night that Netflix got season 2 up and streaming, so I watched the first episode last night.

I tried to give an equal chance to both sides, and, ya know, I couldn't really point to much for ESTP > ESFP.

The golden rule, of course, would say ESTP, but, let's be real, that basically turns on little more than ESTP = male, ESFP = female.

You could argue he's got underdeveloped Fi selfishness/dickishness, and isn't "in need of being loved" like one would expect of an ESTP.

He's more just constantly trying to satisfy his urges, and is totally self-absorbed, which would jibe just fine with ESFP.

So, yeah, I think your reading, while violating the golden rule, also has some merit to it.

I'll be keeping my mind open as I go through season 2.

God I fucking love this show.

Krieger, eh, he's more mad scientisty in terms of gadgetry, tinkering, more mechanically [I hate using this word with STPs because I think it conjures too many bad connotations but it's the best one I can think of at the moment] improvisational; it's really his whole outlook rather than just erotic bum-fighting that makes me think so.

I can kind of feel you on ISTP.

There's something about his violent urges...

ENTP-Guy

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Archer: ESxP (For me preferably ESFP)
Krieger: ENTP (I don't understand where you think he's an ISTP or INTP when he time and time again shows Inferior Si and Dominant Ne.)

- - - Updated - - -

Archer: ESxP (For me preferably ESFP)
Krieger: ENTP (I don't understand where you think he's an ISTP or INTP when he time and time again shows Inferior Si and Dominant Ne.)