• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Battle Royale characters

Jonathan

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
First, sorry for my English. I'm a huge fan of Battle Royale and I tried typing all the students. Since the movie is quite different, I went with the novel and the mangas to type them.

Main characters:
Shuya Nanahara - ENFP
Noriko Nakagawa - INFJ(Or possibly ISFJ, but the fact she was so good in writing and poetry makes me think she's INFJ)
Shogo Kawada - ISTP, INTP or INTJ
Kazuo Kiriyama - INTJ
Mitsuko Souma - ENTJ(Not sure about this either, since she was so messed up, it's harder to tell)
Shinji Mimura - ENTx
Hiroki Sugimura - INFP
Yukie Utsumi - ESFJ
Chigusa Takako - INTJ (Not sure)

The other students:
Yoshio Akamatsu - ISFJ(Possibly INFJ or INFP)
Mizuho Inada - INFP
Keita Iijima - I'm having a hard time typing him. xxTx
Tatsumichi Oki - ESTP
Megumi Eto - INFJ
Toshinori Oda - Evil ISTJ
Sakura Ogawa - ENFP
Izumi Kanai - ESFJ(It's a wild guess, since we know so little about her)
Yukiko Kitano - ISFJ
Yoshitoki Kuninobu - xNFP
Yumiko Kusaka - ENFJ
Yoji Kuramoto - ESxP
Kotohiki Kayoko - ESFx in the manga, ISFx in the book
Kuronaga Hiroshi - ISxx (Hard to tell since we know really little about him)
Yuko Sakaki - ISFJ
Ryuhei Sasagawa - ESTx
Hirono Shimizu - xSTP
Yutake Seto - xSFP
Haruka Tanizawa - ESTJ
Yuichiro Takiguchi - INFJ
Sho Tsukioka - ENTP
Mayumi Tendo - ISFJ(Wild guess too)
Kazushi Niida - ESTP
Yuka Nakagawa - ESFP
Mitsuru Numai - ESTJ or ESTP
Satomi Noda - IxTJ
Tadakatsu Hatagami - ESTJ
Fumiyo Fujiyoshi - ISFJ
Chisato Matsui - INFJ
Kyochi Motobuchi - ISTJ(Possibly INTJ)
Yamamoto Kazuhiko - ISFP
Yoshimi Yahagi - IxFP(I would tend to say ISFP)

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Man, I haven't seen the movie in years and have never read the manga or novel, so it's hard for me to really help much.

However, if Kiriyama is like he is in the movie in the other formats, I'd lean ISTP for him. He doesn't have goals or plans or ideas, he just thinks it's fun to go out and kill some people. He's in it for thrills, not to really accomplish anything in particular or prove in philosophical ideas (I can only assume).

EDIT: Looked on Wikipedia and the character seems different in the books/manga. I'd say INTJ sounds about right for that version.

Moonflower

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I saw Mitsuko (all versions) as an unhealthy _SFP.

maskara

MBTI Type
FiNe
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Big fan of Battle Royale myself, here's my take on typing some of the characters.
Shuya Nanahara - ENFP, all versions.
Noriko Nakagawa - IxFJ, manga and novel.
Yoshitoki Kuninobu - IxFP
Shinji Mimura - ENTP, all versions.
Shogo Kawada - Seems very xNTJ. Perhaps INTJ.
Kazuo Kiriyama - IxTP. I'd have to go a little bit more towards INTP with this one. Although in the manga, I suspect that he may have been INFJ, but due to the condition of his brain it's hard to tell.
Hiroki Sugimura - INFJ. At least, his actions in the manga suggests that. Still, he had a lot of INFP qualities, gotta agree.
Yes, for some reason... I saw a battle between two INFJs in the showdown between Kiriyama and Sugimura in the manga. I could be very wrong, though.
Mitsuko Souma - Either a very unhealthy xSFP, or a very unhealthy ESTP.
Takako Chigusa - In the movie, ENTJ.

Jonathan

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hey fellow BR fan :D

Big fan of Battle Royale myself, here's my take on typing some of the characters.
Shuya Nanahara - ENFP, all versions.

I agree with that. Shuya is so ENFP, it hurts haha.

Noriko Nakagawa - IxFJ, manga and novel.

Yeah, I have a hard time deciding between ISFJ and INFJ. Movie Noriko is definitely ISFJ though.

Yoshitoki Kuninobu - IxFP

Yup.

Shogo Kawada - Seems very xNTJ. Perhaps INTJ.

The thing with Kawada is that during the game, he seems INTJ, but in his flashbacks with Keiko in the manga, he looks like the typical ISTP.
Kazuo Kiriyama - IxTP. I'd have to go a little bit more towards INTP with this one. Although in the manga, I suspect that he may have been INFJ, but due to the condition of his brain it's hard to tell.

I typed him as INTJ at first, but I agree with you. Kiriyama definitely doesn't use Te. I would say INTP then, altough he is really hard to type because of his brain condition. I would have to reread the book to see if he uses more Ne or Ni.

Hiroki Sugimura - INFJ. At least, his actions in the manga suggests that. Still, he had a lot of INFP qualities, gotta agree.
Yes, for some reason... I saw a battle between two INFJs in the showdown between Kiriyama and Sugimura in the manga. I could be very wrong, though.

The way he reacted to Takako telling him how she felt about him while she was dying made me think he was a Fi-user, instead of Fe-user. Maybe I don't understand Fe well enough, but wouldn't an INFJ would have known exactly what to say to Takako to make her feel better during her last moments? If I remember correctly, Sugimura was all awkward and didn't really know what to say.

Mitsuko Souma - Either a very unhealthy xSFP, or a very unhealthy ESTP.

I would say unealthy ESFP with developed Te.

Takako Chigusa - In the movie, ENTJ.

I can see it in the movie, but not in the novel or the manga. She's definitely an introvert in those versions. Some kind of IxTx.

And a few corrections on my previous list.

Yukie Utsumi - ESFJ

She's definitely ENFJ. She's much more of the in-charge style, instead of get things going.

Megumi Eto - INFJ

Just like Noriko, she could also be ISFJ.

Yumiko Kusaka - ENFJ

ENFP.

Mitsuru Numai - ESTJ or ESTP

I would say Mitsuru is an ESTJ gone wrong.

maskara

MBTI Type
FiNe
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I agree with that. Shuya is so ENFP, it hurts haha.

Fuckin lol'd :rofl1:

The thing with Kawada is that during the game, he seems INTJ, but in his flashbacks with Keiko in the manga, he looks like the typical ISTP.

Fascinating character. This will be a bit long... :devil:

I see what you mean. He does have that ISTP smugness going on about him after all (what with the cigarette smoking and shit. Ahaha). Just that, I really don't think he prefers Ti at all. Come to think of it, his practicality and canned knowledge about things strongly suggest ISTJ in my mind. I guess what really made me think of him as an INTJ was the whole...er, "masterminding" thing... I'm not convinced little bits of ISTP improvisation would've led to the shocking moment near the end, the revelation of his little plan (you know what I'm talking about, hehe let's not spoil it for the others)--it seemed more like the plan was formed when he decided to help Shuya and Noriko survive, and he stuck with it.
Besides, he seemed to understand Shuya whenever the little bugger would start throwing fits, and even though he always tried to act tough and clear-headed about things, you can see he's also emotionally affected with the fucked-up happenings (one awesome INTJ talent is appearing intensely courageous in the face of things that make them want to piss their pants...). Maybe the incident with Keiko has bolstered his Fi preference, and I think that's pretty obvious when he decided to protect the two people who were more a burden to him than help. He's got a great deal of insight into the characters of Shuya and Noriko, and it's not like he learned to trust them. He just knew he could. He decided their lives were worth saving. And I won't forget his explicit instructions about the two main players of the game: both were to be shot on sight, but Mitsuko would be a mercy kill, and Kiriyama you just shoot like a wild animal (I have INTJ friends who analyze and talk about their interpersonal adversaries in that wise. Haha). There's a lot of Fi and a lot of Te going on with Kawada.
There's also a thing about Ni-doms... appearing older and wiser than they really are. The gap between the ages of Shuya and Kawada may just be a year or two, but put them together, observe them for a bit and it becomes easy enough to spot who's the child and who's the adult, regardless of physical appearances. :D
One last thing... about the collar. I seriously doubt an ISTP would even know how to start messing around with that. But an INTJ, with his unique mind and strong intuitive intelligence... the only other type I can think of that could possibly mess around with it unscathed is INTP. Possibly. And doubtless you'll agree that Kawada's no INTP. :D

I typed him as INTJ at first, but I agree with you. Kiriyama definitely doesn't use Te. I would say INTP then, altough he is really hard to type because of his brain condition. I would have to reread the book to see if he uses more Ne or Ni.

This will be a bit long as well. :D

I think you'd find my main reasons for seeing the Kiriyama in the manga as an INFJ interesting... perhaps. For one, yes, he's definitely an introverted thinker. Come to think of it, in the beginning, it seemed that all of his other preferences were extremely overshadowed by introverted thinking, but as the game progressed I found that it was not so. I had the idea that the reason he's so adept at mastering things quickly were in part due to a highly evolved Ni, as well as excellent mimicry courtesy of a well-developed Se. And since his brain condition had something to do with blocking his emotions, he didn't give a shit about the world or how people around him felt. Hypothetically, an INFJ unable to realize Fe due to brain damage would have no interest in external judging, and thus would appear very much "perceiving". I'd go so far as to say that his cock-blocked Fe only manifested itself in minute ways, such as making an impression with dressing sharp, being elegant and stuff. Maybe subconsciously actually liked the hairstyle forced upon him by one of his pet uglies.

:D Actually, the real reasons for my assumptions are rather shallow.
1. Early in the Sugimura-Kiriyama fight, Hiroki claimed that Kiriyama seemed to "project Ki from within"... as if by magic. And, well, we uh, we all know INFJs are Magic People. :holy:
2. And did you see the way the guy moved...? HIS FUCKING SCHOOL JACKET WAS JUST FLOATING ABOVE HIM NO MATTER WHAT, WHAT THE FUCK MAN :wtf: That there is trademark INFJ grace! Only Magic People move like that!
3. Near the end of the story, Kazuo recalled that fateful incident from his childhood. He called it "The Bad Thing! The Bad Thing!" If that's not the introverted intuition way of a child defining a life-altering phenomenon, then I don't know what is. It led me to think that Kazuo Kiriyama must've had a developing Ni at that point of his childhood... then BAM, :wacko: I AM SUDDENLY ROBOTIC AND WITHOUT EMOTION. (check out the series of panels depicting his childhood before the incident, and you'll see that he was a pretty cheerful lad, smiling a lot, enjoying people, emulating his TV superheroes...quite unlike how I imagine the quiet and curious Ti-dominant child to be.) I suppose young Kiriyama was on his way to a cognitive development on the INFJ path before "The Bad Thing!" fucked around with his brains.

Again, this is just what I think about the Kiriyama in the manga. The Kiriyama in the novel was likely INTP. The Movie Kiriyama was more of a DICK.

The way he reacted to Takako telling him how she felt about him while she was dying made me think he was a Fi-user, instead of Fe-user. Maybe I don't understand Fe well enough, but wouldn't an INFJ would have known exactly what to say to Takako to make her feel better during her last moments? If I remember correctly, Sugimura was all awkward and didn't really know what to say.

Ah, you're totally right. The only reason I got the idea that he may be INFJ was that during the fight, he was struggling to "catch the moment". I guess I attributed that to difficulties with inferior Se. Yeah, Hiroki was definitely INFP. :D

What about Shinji Mimura? I always saw the three versions to be very healthy ENTPs. :)

:rock: SHIT I LOVE BR

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
[Kiriyama] I typed him as INTJ at first, but I agree with you. Kiriyama definitely doesn't use Te. I would say INTP then, altough he is really hard to type because of his brain condition. I would have to reread the book to see if he uses more Ne or Ni.

this is my favourite character.

INTP - very very intuitive. in the novel he just devours school
subjects and amassing knowledge, and he'll keep at it until
he can understand it all in its complexity, then he'll simply
just move on to the next neq thing. this allows him to just
excel in all subject across the board and including sports
and hobbies.

and he's just so damn curious about everything, and is all
about bettering himself (ie, cutting up his own arm to
rearrange the nerves so his finger can shoot a gun faster).

i mean just look at his motivation in joining The Project too,
and the way he's the first one to "figure out" the system
once he's there. in the novel he's much more stoic than
the movie.

Jonathan

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I love BR so much. I'm so glad I finally found someone who is into MBTI and BR.

Fascinating character. This will be a bit long... :devil:

I see what you mean. He does have that ISTP smugness going on about him after all (what with the cigarette smoking and shit. Ahaha). Just that, I really don't think he prefers Ti at all. Come to think of it, his practicality and canned knowledge about things strongly suggest ISTJ in my mind. I guess what really made me think of him as an INTJ was the whole...er, "masterminding" thing... I'm not convinced little bits of ISTP improvisation would've led to the shocking moment near the end, the revelation of his little plan (you know what I'm talking about, hehe let's not spoil it for the others)--it seemed more like the plan was formed when he decided to help Shuya and Noriko survive, and he stuck with it.
Besides, he seemed to understand Shuya whenever the little bugger would start throwing fits, and even though he always tried to act tough and clear-headed about things, you can see he's also emotionally affected with the fucked-up happenings (one awesome INTJ talent is appearing intensely courageous in the face of things that make them want to piss their pants...). Maybe the incident with Keiko has bolstered his Fi preference, and I think that's pretty obvious when he decided to protect the two people who were more a burden to him than help. He's got a great deal of insight into the characters of Shuya and Noriko, and it's not like he learned to trust them. He just knew he could. He decided their lives were worth saving. And I won't forget his explicit instructions about the two main players of the game: both were to be shot on sight, but Mitsuko would be a mercy kill, and Kiriyama you just shoot like a wild animal (I have INTJ friends who analyze and talk about their interpersonal adversaries in that wise. Haha). There's a lot of Fi and a lot of Te going on with Kawada.
There's also a thing about Ni-doms... appearing older and wiser than they really are. The gap between the ages of Shuya and Kawada may just be a year or two, but put them together, observe them for a bit and it becomes easy enough to spot who's the child and who's the adult, regardless of physical appearances. :D
One last thing... about the collar. I seriously doubt an ISTP would even know how to start messing around with that. But an INTJ, with his unique mind and strong intuitive intelligence... the only other type I can think of that could possibly mess around with it unscathed is INTP. Possibly. And doubtless you'll agree that Kawada's no INTP. :D

In fact, the collar thing is what made me think Kawada was an ISTP. ISTP are usually the best type to figure out how something work. But yeah, you're right Kawada is definetly INTJ.

And what about Keiko? From the flashbacks, she reminded me of a calmer, more introverted version of ENFJ Utsumi, so maybe INFJ?

think you'd find my main reasons for seeing the Kiriyama in the manga as an INFJ interesting... perhaps. For one, yes, he's definitely an introverted thinker. Come to think of it, in the beginning, it seemed that all of his other preferences were extremely overshadowed by introverted thinking, but as the game progressed I found that it was not so. I had the idea that the reason he's so adept at mastering things quickly were in part due to a highly evolved Ni, as well as excellent mimicry courtesy of a well-developed Se. And since his brain condition had something to do with blocking his emotions, he didn't give a shit about the world or how people around him felt. Hypothetically, an INFJ unable to realize Fe due to brain damage would have no interest in external judging, and thus would appear very much "perceiving". I'd go so far as to say that his cock-blocked Fe only manifested itself in minute ways, such as making an impression with dressing sharp, being elegant and stuff. Maybe subconsciously actually liked the hairstyle forced upon him by one of his pet uglies.

:D Actually, the real reasons for my assumptions are rather shallow.
1. Early in the Sugimura-Kiriyama fight, Hiroki claimed that Kiriyama seemed to "project Ki from within"... as if by magic. And, well, we uh, we all know INFJs are Magic People. :holy:
2. And did you see the way the guy moved...? HIS FUCKING SCHOOL JACKET WAS JUST FLOATING ABOVE HIM NO MATTER WHAT, WHAT THE FUCK MAN :wtf: That there is trademark INFJ grace! Only Magic People move like that!
3. Near the end of the story, Kazuo recalled that fateful incident from his childhood. He called it "The Bad Thing! The Bad Thing!" If that's not the introverted intuition way of a child defining a life-altering phenomenon, then I don't know what is. It led me to think that Kazuo Kiriyama must've had a developing Ni at that point of his childhood... then BAM, :wacko: I AM SUDDENLY ROBOTIC AND WITHOUT EMOTION. (check out the series of panels depicting his childhood before the incident, and you'll see that he was a pretty cheerful lad, smiling a lot, enjoying people, emulating his TV superheroes...quite unlike how I imagine the quiet and curious Ti-dominant child to be.) I suppose young Kiriyama was on his way to a cognitive development on the INFJ path before "The Bad Thing!" fucked around with his brains.

Again, this is just what I think about the Kiriyama in the manga. The Kiriyama in the novel was likely INTP. The Movie Kiriyama was more of a DICK.

What makes me think Kiriyama isn't INFJ is that he doesn't seem to use Ni, he doesn't seem to have a big vision of what his plan is. He sounds more like a go with the flow person, exploring different possibilities out of pure curiosity. This sounds more Ne than Ni to me. But I had totally forgot about the flashbacks of Kiriyama before his accident, and yeah, he didn't look like a INTP child at all in those.

And I hated what they did to Kiriyama in the movie. He was such a boring plot device in the movie and they took away everything that made him so interesting in the book/manga, like his accident, his relationship with Numai, etc. I guess Movie!Kiriyama is some kind of psycho ISTP, doing it for the thrill.

Ah, you're totally right. The only reason I got the idea that he may be INFJ was that during the fight, he was struggling to "catch the moment". I guess I attributed that to difficulties with inferior Se. Yeah, Hiroki was definitely INFP. :D

What about Shinji Mimura? I always saw the three versions to be very healthy ENTPs. :)

Yes, I definitely agree. Mimura is the ultimate ENTP. And his difficulty to forgive Iijima for something he did months ago in the book/manga could be associated to inferior Si.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Over 10 years ago since I saw that movie so I barely remember. I just now that I liked its intent, still watching it nearly made me kill myself in front of the TV :/

G

Ginkgo

hunger-games-battle-royale-with-cheese-meme.jpg

maskara

MBTI Type
FiNe
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
In fact, the collar thing is what made me think Kawada was an ISTP. ISTP are usually the best type to figure out how something work.
Hmmm... I'm rethinking that. Maybe it's my impression of the collar that's wrong. I always saw it in my mind's eye as a device that would require a lot more scientific know-how and a lot less hands-on mechanical skills to tamper with succesfully.
I re-read some parts and like you said, his flashbacks with Keiko made me see the ISTP in him a lot more clearly. I forget that the mature ISTP's understanding of human behavior can rival that of an NT. Maybe he appears very INTJ during the timeline of the Battle Royale story due to the things he had to go through, and the Ni-based realizations that did a major overhaul on his character. :)

But yeah, you're right Kawada is definetly INTJ.
I now think you were correct all along in typing him as ISTP.

And what about Keiko? From the flashbacks, she reminded me of a calmer, more introverted version of ENFJ Utsumi, so maybe INFJ?
I totally agree. Keiko is very INFJ.

What makes me think Kiriyama isn't INFJ is that he doesn't seem to use Ni, he doesn't seem to have a big vision of what his plan is. He sounds more like a go with the flow person, exploring different possibilities out of pure curiosity. This sounds more Ne than Ni to me. But I had totally forgot about the flashbacks of Kiriyama before his accident, and yeah, he didn't look like a INTP child at all in those.
I'm sticking with the assumption that he was meant to be INFJ, or at least another type of similar temperament... It's the brain damage that fucked him up from within, making him appear otherwise.
Well, it's really hard to type him accurately because of that. He's like one of those fictional characters that are near-impossible to type perfectly, like the Joker.
The flashback scenes were pretty cute. :)

And I hated what they did to Kiriyama in the movie. He was such a boring plot device in the movie and they took away everything that made him so interesting in the book/manga, like his accident, his relationship with Numai, etc. I guess Movie!Kiriyama is some kind of psycho ISTP, doing it for the thrill.
Word. I guess that's the trade-off for converting such a good, lengthy story into film.
And man,the slick-haired Kiriyama from the manga is definitely scarier than the anime-haired one in the movie.

Jonathan

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hmmm... I'm rethinking that. Maybe it's my impression of the collar that's wrong. I always saw it in my mind's eye as a device that would require a lot more scientific know-how and a lot less hands-on mechanical skills to tamper with succesfully.
I re-read some parts and like you said, his flashbacks with Keiko made me see the ISTP in him a lot more clearly. I forget that the mature ISTP's understanding of human behavior can rival that of an NT. Maybe he appears very INTJ during the timeline of the Battle Royale story due to the things he had to go through, and the Ni-based realizations that did a major overhaul on his character. :)

I now think you were correct all along in typing him as ISTP.

Haha, well we can agree that Kawada use Ni/Se or Se/Ni. Now, we have to decide if he either uses Te/Fi or Ti/Fe.

I'm sticking with the assumption that he was meant to be INFJ, or at least another type of similar temperament... It's the brain damage that fucked him up from within, making him appear otherwise.
Well, it's really hard to type him accurately because of that. He's like one of those fictional characters that are near-impossible to type perfectly, like the Joker.
The flashback scenes were pretty cute. :)

Yeah, he is a such a hard character to type. But I'm still not sure about INFJ, because, to me, Kiriyama clearly uses Ne/Si. The way he is always trying to find new ways of exploring the world and his purely intellectuel curiosity about everything sounds so Ne. And how he just needs to read a book once or look at a school yard once and be able to paint it perfectly looks like Si on fire.

Word. I guess that's the trade-off for converting such a good, lengthy story into film.
And man,the slick-haired Kiriyama from the manga is definitely scarier than the anime-haired one in the movie.

Lol! I hated Kiriyama's hair in the movie*. Manga Kiriyama is so much better.

And what about Takako? I just can't decide between ISTP, INTJ or even ISTJ. She's another one who's really hard to type.

And do you think Satomi is ISTJ or INTJ? I can't decide if her paranoia attack in the lighthouse was caused by ISTJ's inferior Ne kicking in and make her see things that aren't really there or if it's an INTJ's Ni-Fi loop.

maskara

MBTI Type
FiNe
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Haha, well we can agree that Kawada use Ni/Se or Se/Ni. Now, we have to decide if he either uses Te/Fi or Ti/Fe.
It's all unclear to me how his judging preferences are set up. When he's in action, he seems very much like an extroverted thinker. When he voices his opinions, i'm unsure whether they're syntheses of Ni-Te or largely Ti-governed. A good example would be his discussion with Keiko about the heart and the brain. Fi was very much absent during that conversation. But if we were to examine the Se-Ni thing going on with him a bit more...

Looking at a snapshot of his character from afar, though, he looks like either a mature ISTP, or a mellowed-down ENTJ. From a shallow perspective, his physique, accuracy with the gun (he did shoot that second grenade in mid-air after all) suggests that his preference for Se is not at all on the inferior spot. I reckon that if he were INTJ, it's more likely that we would see a slightly different Shogo from what's in the story. (I know the one in the movie is NOT xNTJ)

It would also make sense if we were to assume he's ENTJ. In the past game, his impulsive killer instincts coupled with his mental conditioning ("they are not my friends" x100) makes me think that he uses Se and Ni almost hand-in-hand in every decision he makes. This would be true for the ISTP also, and though the two types have a similarity, they are also very different from each other. It's almost like Shogo is the perfect hybrid of both.:)

Really undecided if Te-Fi or Ti-Fe. What's your verdict?

And what about Takako? I just can't decide between ISTP, INTJ or even ISTJ. She's another one who's really hard to type.
True that, she's really hard to type. I wouldn't call her a complex character, though. In the manga, I'd say ISTP. It seems she's more a sensor than intuitive.
Although, her relationship with Hiroki really looks a lot like the stereotypical INFP-INTJ friendship(not uncommon).

And do you think Satomi is ISTJ or INTJ? I can't decide if her paranoia attack in the lighthouse was caused by ISTJ's inferior Ne kicking in and make her see things that aren't really there or if it's an INTJ's Ni-Fi loop.
Well I don't know much about Satomi to make a good judgement of her type, but I'd say ISTJ sounds about right for her. I'd go with the inferior Ne theory for that sudden paranoia. She doesn't seem very intuitive.

Here's a good one. Yuichiro Takiguchi. Yeah, he could be INFJ like you said, but the two other probabilities are: a healthy INFP, or a well-developed ENFJ. I'm leaning more towards the INFP.

Also, Hirono Shimizu. xSTP like you said, or possible ISFP...?

Jonathan

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hey, I'm back :)

It's all unclear to me how his judging preferences are set up. When he's in action, he seems very much like an extroverted thinker. When he voices his opinions, i'm unsure whether they're syntheses of Ni-Te or largely Ti-governed. A good example would be his discussion with Keiko about the heart and the brain. Fi was very much absent during that conversation. But if we were to examine the Se-Ni thing going on with him a bit more...

Looking at a snapshot of his character from afar, though, he looks like either a mature ISTP, or a mellowed-down ENTJ. From a shallow perspective, his physique, accuracy with the gun (he did shoot that second grenade in mid-air after all) suggests that his preference for Se is not at all on the inferior spot. I reckon that if he were INTJ, it's more likely that we would see a slightly different Shogo from what's in the story. (I know the one in the movie is NOT xNTJ)

It would also make sense if we were to assume he's ENTJ. In the past game, his impulsive killer instincts coupled with his mental conditioning ("they are not my friends" x100) makes me think that he uses Se and Ni almost hand-in-hand in every decision he makes. This would be true for the ISTP also, and though the two types have a similarity, they are also very different from each other. It's almost like Shogo is the perfect hybrid of both.

Really undecided if Te-Fi or Ti-Fe. What's your verdict?

I think I would go with Ti-Fe, so ISTP with a developed tertiary Ni. It's been a while since I read the mangas and the books, but, while Shogo could be a bit directive when it comes to his plan to take the Program down, he was pretty laid-back most of the times, especially in his flashbacks. Wouldn't an ENTJ be much more driven and directive?

Here's a good one. Yuichiro Takiguchi. Yeah, he could be INFJ like you said, but the two other probabilities are: a healthy INFP, or a well-developed ENFJ. I'm leaning more towards the INFP.

Yeah, I was really not sure about INFP or INFJ. I don't think he is ENFJ. ENFJ's interaction style is in-charge and Yuichiro is certainly not in charge. Compare him to ENFJ Utsumi who gathered all her friends and tried to lead them to safety, he is really low profile. And I would go with INFJ for him. I think he uses Ni-Fe much more than he uses Fi-Ne. He was able to find all the right words to make a connection with Mitsuko and he was the first person in years to be able to do so, which screams Fe to me. On the other hand, he was not influenced at all by his best friend Hatagami when he was trying to convince him to kill Mitsuko. This could be explained either by Fe who doesn't want anyone to gets hurt or Fi who wants to stick to his pacific values.

Also, Hirono Shimizu. xSTP like you said, or possible ISFP...?

I would say Novel Hirono is ISTP and Manga Hirono a screwed up ISFP. Novel Hirono was much more logical and cold-thinking than Manga Hirono who seemed to have a much softer side. In the novel, Hirono did not hesitate to kill Kaori, while in the manga, she just ran away after being hit.

What about Yoshimi? Her story always made me so sad. I would say she's ISFP, but I could also see a really screwed up ISFJ.

Jonathan

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Since I'm getting into enneagramms, I've tried to find the enneatypes of some of the characters. I've also corrected some of my previous MBTI guesses.

Yoshio Akamatsu - IxFx 9w1 Sp/So (Really not sure about this one)
Mizuho Inada - INFP 1w9 Sp/Sx
Keita Iijima - ExFx Phobic 6w7 So/Sp
Yukie Utsumi - ENFJ 2w3 So/sx
Tatsumichi Oki - ESxP 7w6 Sp/So
Megumi Eto - IxFJ 2w1 So/Sx (Not sure about this one either)
Toshinori Oda - INTJ 1w9 Sp/So
Sakura Ogawa - xNFP 9w1 Sx/So
Shogo Kawada - ISTP 5w6 Sp/Sx
Izumi Kanai - xxFx I guess we know too little about her to make any educated guess
Kazuo Kiriyama - INTP 5w? Sp/S?
Yukiko Kitano - ISFJ 2w1 So/Sx
Yoshitoki Kuninobu - IxFP 9w8 Sx/So
Yumiko Kusaka - ENFP 9w1 So/Sx
Yoji Kuramoto - ExxP 9w8 Sp/Sx (Really not sure about this one either)
Kotohiki Kayoko - xSFP 7w6 Sx/So
Kuronaga Hiroshi - ISxx Hard to tell since we know really little about him
Yuko Sakaki - ISFJ 1w2 So/Sp, possibly 2w1 too
Ryuhei Sasagawa - ESxP 7w6 Sp/So
Hirono Shimizu - xSTP Counter-phobic 6w7 Sp/Sx
Mitsuko Souma - ESxP 8w7 Sx/Sp
Hiroki Sugimura - INFP 9w1 Sx/So (Or possibly 2w1?)
Yutake Seto - xSFP 9w1 Sx/So (Really not sure about this one, I could also see 6w7 and 7w6)
Haruka Tanizawa - ESTJ 1w2 So/Sp
Yuichiro Takiguchi - INFJ 9w1 Sp/Sx
Takako Chigusa - IxTJ 3w4 Sp/Sx
Sho Tsukioka - ENTP 4w5 Sp/Sx
Mayumi Tendo - ISFJ No idea
Shuya Nanahara - ENFP 4w3 Sx/So
Noriko Nakagawa - IxFJ 2w1 So/Sx
Kazushi Niida - ESTP 7w8 Sx/Sp (Possibly 8w7 Sx/Sp)
Yuka Nakagawa - ESFP 7w6 Sx/So
Mitsuru Numai - ESTJ Counter-phobic 6w7 Sp/So
Satomi Noda - ISTJ Phobic 6w5 Sp/So
Tadakatsu Hatagami - ESTJ 6w7 Sp/So
Fumiyo Fujiyoshi - ISFJ 2w1 So/S?
Shinji Mimura - ENTP 3w4 Sx/Sp or 5w6 Sx/So
Chisato Matsui - IxFx Phobic 6w7 Sx/So (Really not sure)
Kyochi Motobuchi - ISTJ Phobic 6w5 Sp/So
Kaori Minami - IxFx Phobic 6w7 Sp/So (I think I type way too many phobic 6w7s)
Yamamoto Kazuhiko - ISFP 9w1 Sx/So
Yoshimi Yahagi - ISFp 2w1 Sx/So