• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Help (2011)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Skeeter: ?NFP 1w2 So/Sx
Aibileen Clark: ISTJ? 8w9 So/??
Minny Jackson: 8w7 So/Sx
Hilly Holbrook: ENFJ 1w9 So/??
Hilly's mom: E??P 7w8 Sx/Sp
Skeeter's mom: ESTP? 3w2 So/Sx
Jolene: E?FP 7w6 or 6w7 Sx/So
Elizabeth Leefolt: ESFJ 2w3 So/Sx
Mae Mobly: E?FP 7w8 So/Sx
Constantine: ISFP 9w1 So/Sx

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Aibileen was the (almost) stereotypical 2w3 ISFJ to me.

agreed, she didn't seem like a T she was just more detached after losing her son. I read this book a couple weeks ago

Celia foote: ESFP maybe 6w7

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=7991]chana[/MENTION]
[MENTION=14498]Cloud of Thunder[/MENTION]

I'm basing this off of the movie, but she seemed more T to me. she was warm and kind with children, but she seemed to have a more Te "that's life, you gotta be strong and do what you gotta do" approach to life and didn't show the majority of her negative emotions on the surface. thinking about it more, maybe ISTJ 9w8

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I mean she's a black women growing up in segregated Mississippi waiting on white women for a living, she's not going to be all giggles and sunshine. I could agree with 9w8 though.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=7991]chana[/MENTION]
[MENTION=14498]Cloud of Thunder[/MENTION]

Aibeleen's main desire is not to love and be loved. she desires it, but not on the level that a 2 would. 2s tend to be more visibly distraught when being poorly treated to such an extreme; Aibeleen is more solid (although I'm sure this has a lot to do with being a black woman in the Jim Crow South like you said) and buries her negative emotions, appearing strong with w8 while maintaining the nurturing nature and ease with children that lots of 9s have