• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Brandy & Maks | Dancing With The Stars | Season 11

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Okay guys I know this is so yesterday, but I’ve been having a hard time trying to type this couple. I don’t watch the show, but on a nostalgic youtube quest to revisit the early career of Brandy—a childhood idol of mine—I stumbled across her season on DWTS and got a little caught up with the chemistry between her and her partner, Maksim. And naturally, I’ve been trying to figure out their typings ever since. So far I’ve got:

Brandy
ENFJ 3w2 sx/sp
Extraverted Feeling is apparent. Optimistic and sweet, she captures the nature and energy of an environment to inform her own emotional state. She is outward-seeking and consistently and genuinely encourages and elevates others before herself--a quality not unique to Fe but that kind of verbal recognition and credit tends to come most naturally to Fe. She has revealed in several interviews her recent trouble with dating (a seven-year dry spell), which to me epitomizes idealistic courtship and waiting for someone to meet specific criteria to the point of voluntary celibacy. Not that I know anything about that. And her perfectionist approach to her work and projects comes from a hypercritical perception of herself and the need to achieve a certain level of accomplishment in whatever her goals are. She is extremely loyal and supportive of her family, even when they don't return the favor, and that intense and unwavering support for them comes more from a set of values she's created for herself instead of her necessarily always doing "what is right". Although I'm not denying that may also be true.

Maks
ISTP 8w7 sp/sx
At first I thought he had Te, but after thinking about it for a while he just has that direct eight type "no nonsense" approach to life. He's a competitor at heart, but you can see in more personal interviews that he's a bit reserved, more introverted. He keeps a close-knit group of people in his life whom he depends on (his brother, Val, his closest guys friends aka his "adopted brothers", and his parents) and tends to be a man of few words. He's also rather playful, very charming when he wants to be, and enjoys being an entertainer where he knows he excels. In typical eight fashion, the only emotions he's ever really comfortable showing are happiness and anger.

Brandy and Maks on Ellen
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3aJHJn_o4U"]Brandy and Maks on Ellen[/YOUTUBE]

I was a little skeptical about these MBTI types for them, but when I integrated it with the enneagram system it started to come together and make more sense. What do you guys think? Any thoughts? Of course videos and type descriptions will be posted below to help y’all out.

Brandy & Maks Interview I
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyQmqCB0VIc&feature=related"]Brandy & Maks Interview[/YOUTUBE]

Brandy & Maks Chemistry
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20oXYcBCJww&list=PLA4252D4A9648D5AA&index=136&feature=plpp_video"]Brandy & Maks Chemistry[/YOUTUBE]

Brandy & Maks Interview II
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqPx-wYdL6Q&feature=fvwp&NR=1"]Brandy & Maks Interview[/YOUTUBE]

Sexual/Self-pres

This subtype can appear almost Four-like. They can be dramatic and appear introspective, especially with the Four wing. There is an on and off quality to these Threes. They can be very emotional and then become very business like. It’s not uncommon to find this subtype in the arts, especially as actors, singers or performers. The outward sexual energy coupled with the secondary self-pres energy can cause these Threes to focus on projecting an image of themselves to the world. They will seek validation in the area of their persona. This type especially wrestles with the authenticity of the persona/image they create. On the one hand, the image protects the real self, but at the same time they hate the image they project. This subtype is likely to be in a constant state of flux when it comes to the image they project and for this reason, they run the risk of burn-out and disillusionment. They are more prone to depression than the other subtypes.

When healthier, these Threes begin to trust their intimate relationships, and begin to disentangle the real self from the flux of partial identities they create. They learn that being vulnerable is necessary if they are to get what they really want, which is to reveal the real self and trust that they are lovable even with their flaws.

Type Three Stacking (source: ocean-moonshine)

Self-pres/Sexual

This subtype is more fiery and impulsive. They still have the "no nonsense" approach to life, along with the "can do" attitude, but they exhibit more outward energy. Because the self-preservational instinct and the sexual instinct are in conflict, the one pulling in and the other pushing forward, they often have more of an on-off quality to them. But you will know where you stand with a self-pres/sexual Eight. Although their outward energy is in contrast to their inward self-pres energy, they have a very focused attitude in the areas of life in which the two energies coincide, such as the realm of family and close friendship, those things they are really passionate about. Their control over their intimate life will be noticeable. With the social instinct last in the instinctual stacking, this subtype can be blunt and confrontational with people who aren't in their inner circle.

The self-pres/sexual Eight feels very independent. They feel as though they need no one outside of the few people they are close to. On the down side, they have a tendency to distrust people and tend to challenge them to see where they stand. When healthier, they realize there is sometimes a greater strength in adopting a softer approach.

Type Eight Stacking (source: ocean-moonshine)

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
GLAD WE ALL AGREE ENFJ/ISTP PAIRING YES:smile: