• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Higurashi When They Cry

Tyrinth

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni/Higurashi When They Cry, whatever.

Anyone know what the types are? (Enneagram if you want, but mainly mbti)

I found these guesses at the grand list of anime mbti thread

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
Furude, Rika - INFP
Houjou, Satoko - ISFx
Maebara, Keiichi - ESFP
Ryuuguu, Rena - IxTJ
Sonozaki, Shion - ESFJ
Sonozaki, Mion - ESFP
-Posted by RadiGen (Sorry, I don't know how to properly quote from other threads)

Can anyone confirm or deny these? Or make guesses as to the types of other characters (Hanyu, Satoshi, Takano, etc...)?

It's my favorite Manga (and anime), and I would like to know the characters types (Particularly I would like to see if anyone will confirm/deny Rika being INFP, for...somewhat... Obvious reasons.)

Tyrinth

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Huh, I didn't think Higurashi was so out there that no one would have a guess for the types, I guess I misjudged the situation. Too bad. :(

ebrietas

I think Rika is more of a INFJ, she is pretty responsible and organized/structured. Satoko seems extraverted so, I think more ESFx.

Rena is very hard to do since she has both much thinking and feeling traits, but definitely ISxJ.

Satoshi seems INFP-ish and Hanyuu ISFP, I think. I need to analyze them more thoroughly, because I just made it from limited info in my head now and I watched Higurashi few years ago.

Tyrinth

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What a coincidence, this thread finally gets a post on the same day that my Atonement Arc: Volume 4 finally arrives. :D

Rena is very hard to do since she has both much thinking and feeling traits, but definitely ISxJ.

Why do you think she's an S? I get a very N vibe from her, do you remember the part where she puts together the clues and figures out that a certain person was killing people in the Eye Opening arc? But I do agree that it's difficult to determine whether she is F or T. I usually see Rena typed as INFJ for whatever reason.

ebrietas

Why do you think she's an S? I get a very N vibe from her, do you remember the part where she puts together the clues and figures out that a certain person was killing people in the Eye Opening arc? But I do agree that it's difficult to determine whether she is F or T. I usually see Rena typed as INFJ for whatever reason.
Yeah I remember that scene.
I agree that she can be intuitive, but I also see very much S traits like being aware of surroundings, very observant of details about others and responsible. She's also very much in touch with the physical world, cooking, doing other chores etc. In the end I am torn between ISFJ/INFJ for her.

EuropeLover

MBTI Type
€U
Keiichi-ENFJ
His dominating personality is his social charm and charisma.
Mion-ESFJ
She's more of an F than a T and Si as her aux function would make sense since she's loyal to her family tradition.
Rena-INFP
How is Rena a T or an SJ at all? She's a definite Fi Dom and clearly intuitive so Ne aux. Also, she has lots of Si, always being affected by her past.
Satoko-ESFJ?
Rika-INFJ
Hanyuu-INFP
Shion-xxxJ
She's too cold for a feeler, not really showing any Fe use. So maybe INTJ? But then again, her manipulation seems like Fe, so maybe an ESFJ like Mion (mainly since they're twins and it's cool when polar opposite twins are the same type.)
Satoshi-ISFJ

Last edited:

EuropeLover

MBTI Type
€U
I'm not sure of some types and changed my mind, so I think:
Keiichi-ENFJ no doubt
Rena-INFP no doubt
Mion-ENTP?
Shion-INTJ?
Satoko-ENTP for sure
Rika-IxFJ