• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type the great artists

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
There isn't enough discussion around the types of artists IMO, and I'm rather interested in what the general opinions are. I'm no art history expert but I will give it a go. Here's a general list to go from (with some visual stimulation), but feel free to add any others you wish.

Type away!

Caravaggio
images

Renoir
images

Kandinsky
kandinsky_comp-62.jpg

Rembrandt
images

Goya
images

Constable
constable_stratfordmill_norm.jpg

Matisse
images

Van Gogh
images

Turner
images

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Rothko
images

Michelangelo
1087880_f496.jpg

Picasso
images

Vermeer
images

Raphael
images

Warhol
images

Da Vinci
tumblr_lkltqx23Sq1qj5p93o1_500.jpg

Monet
images

Pollock
images

luismas

MBTI Type
INTP
There isn't enough discussion around the types of artists IMO, and I'm rather interested in what the general opinions are. I'm no art history expert but I will give it a go. Here's a general list to go from (with some visual stimulation), but feel free to add any others you wish.

Type away!

My seemings:

Vincent van Gogh- INFP
Picasso- INFP
Michaelangelo- ISFP
da Vinci- INTP
Warhol- INFP leaning towards ISFP

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
ISTP
Raphael

ISFP
Monet
Turner
Renoir
Vermeer

ISFJ
Constable
Caravaggio

INFP
Rothko
Goya
Van Gogh
Michelangelo

INFJ
Rembrandt
Pollock
Matisse

INTP
Picasso
Warhol

ENFP
Kandinsky

INTJ
Da Vinci

luismas

MBTI Type
INTP
ISTP
Raphael

ISFP
Monet
Turner
Renoir
Vermeer

ISFJ
Constable
Caravaggio

INFP
Rothko
Goya
Van Gogh
Michelangelo

INFJ
Rembrandt
Pollock
Matisse

INTP
Picasso
Warhol

ENFP
Kandinsky

INTJ
Da Vinci

Explain da Vinci, Picasso and Warhol's ! XD

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Explain da Vinci, Picasso and Warhol's ! XD
I felt that Picasso and Warhol seemed very much like INXPs but was uncertain as to which; in the end I leaned toward INTP.

Warhol had the unconventionality but was more concept driven than feeling driven, which isn't very INFP-like.

As for Picasso, his style seems more detached. While it was about an inner truth, he sought to render people into an object like state, break them down into pieces in an analytical fashion and reduce them to an abstraction. This doesn't seem like a INFP thing to do - I would think a INFP would focus more on conveying the inner emotional experience and subjectivity. Additionally cubism is very geometric and architectural which seems like something that would appeal to a Thinker more than a Feeler; however I can acknowledge that this is just an impression I have and perhaps it is a questionable premise.

Da Vinci strikes me as a INTJ more because of what I know of his inventions and interest in design; the level of precision seems more Te than Ti, especially when I look at the Vitruvian Man. Also I get this background sense of Fi in his paintings that I can't fully explain, especially with The Last Supper. :shrug:

300px-Vitruvian.jpg