• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Oprah Winfrey

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
*puts an ENFP-pamflet in Pink's hands*

Think about it, that's all I'm saying :run:

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ah, the ENFP club! I rather like you people. I see a great many benefits in your brochure!

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Nope. Too late. I'm not an ENFJ anymore. If Oprah is "me" then screw it. Hitler, I get. Her? Not at all.

Well, the INFPs are stuck with me. I think every type has their bad apples. :yes:

Oprah may or may not be ENFJ. Keep in mind that there are alot of people working behind the scenes to craft the "Oprah" image. From a high level view, it's very tempting to classify her as an Fe dom. She is very personal, and tries to reach out and and touch the emotions of her viewers. She is an intriguing mixture of personal generosity combined with a (I find somewhat raw) desire for money, power, and influence.

However, I do suspect that alot of people type her without having really watched her show. ENFJ is tempting because of the scope and vision of her empire, but for all we know she's an ESFJ that has some visionaries working for her. I wouldn't bet one over the other, personally.

From the times I remember watching the show, I can see ESTJ to some extent. Value in acts of service. Preaching of traditional values. Ne relief function could explain some of her creativity. Honestly, if you are up for making your case I'd be pretty interested in hearing it. Edit: Oh yeah, ESFJ has Ne relief as well.

Also, I don't think there's a single person here who, despite thinking Oprah is ENFJ, considers you in the same boat as her.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Also, quitting your type because Oprah may also possibly be that type is the most ENFJ thing I've ever heard of.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I think all the stuff about her being a megalomaniac and a bit ruthless behind the scenes belies a TJ slant. I mean, think of all the comedy sketches about it (Dr. Phil being her bitch, having her thugs beat up Dave Chappelle).

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oprah is an ESTJ. Even if hell froze over, the woman STILL wouldn't be an ENFJ.

I second this motion.

Oprah is just as batty and power-mongering as another ESTJ female I know. My Dad is an ESTJ male. WOW - It was VERY clear who was in charge of the house when we were growing up! :D

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My ESTJ mother can't stand Oprah because she says Oprah is like any other ESTJ my mother knows who is operating on/indulging force-fed F and believes her own press. Mom says Oprah's an ESTJ gone weird and when I asked her why she said "Look at her. She thinks she's God."

Te in action.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^ Fe/Ni can't be responsible for thinking one is God?

Isn't the popular consensus that Hitler was ENFJ?

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I said I could readily believe Hitler as an ENFJ. That was Fe/Ni meltdown in spades and I can see myself there (for better or worse). That's the Fe/Ni form of megalomania.

Oprah is someone my ESTJ mother recognizes as "like" her. She arrived at this conclusion of Oprah independently of me though I'd deemed her ESTJ already.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Bizarre! I didn't realize there were so many Oprah haters out there! I have 2 INFJ friends who adore Oprah. As for me, I've never been overly wowed by her, but don't have an opinion one way or the other. But I guess I too had always thought of her as ENFJ.

Jonathanthegreat

MBTI Type
ENFJ
man i was hoping people would actually follow my lead and post some words about what they thought about each of the 16 types, not debate Oprah's personality type. Which is Entj or esfj IMO.

Frank

You would have had better luck of that happening if you were less diplomatic in your descriptions.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Well Jtg, at least people are actually posting in your forum...

Like seriously people, there is no way that I am the only NF in a TJ work place...

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
She feels S to me when she talks...on the other hand, she does have that superpower of getting a ton of people to follow her lead, which is typical for an ENFJ. Imo she's definitely F though. She might have a 'T' side in order to run her empire, but I'm sure that's also coz of her entourage.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I've always thought ENFJ gone megolomaniacal (word--yes? no?). She's always felt very NF because of all her "feed your spirit" talk. Of course, it could be STJ that's been forcefed NF, or has tried to embrace new agey spirituality after running into lots of brick walls doing things the way that comes naturally. I know lots of ISTJs that really dig Oprah, because they like her telling them what to do. :newwink:

(I do know that she used to have a really accessible, warm vibe, and now it's just very cold and domineering. There really came a point where she started believing her own press, and decided to capitalize on having all the housewives in the world believing every word that came out of her mouth. And all of ther shows became about the celebrities she knows and the expensive stuff she buys. That's the point at which I became an Oprah-hater.)

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
You know, Oprah now, I could see NT. Because she is so composed and controlled and calculated when it comes to talking to people about Very Emotional and Very Important things. She could be a very developed and battle-hardened NF.

Also, I've known enough ENTXs in my life to know that NTs can be very expressive and interested in people and enthusiastic - again ENTP and ENFP can be hard to distinguish from one another at first. A lot of ENTPs fool people into thinking they are Feelers. I met an INTJ who I totally thought could be INFP (except he was WAY too put together and on top of things to be an NP).

She is definitely a J and she has good Fe (again, so do ENTPs) and apparently she has good Te, too.... I wouldn't be surprised if she had excellent Ni.

Damn, maybe she is an ENTP? Or maybe she is INTJ?

This is fun!

rank

ENFJ, no doubt.

OP shows how ENTJs can be interested in ENFJs who sometimes accumulate great power and status, out of their social influence and leadership abilities. Many ENTJs would like to have the ENFJ face in front of the masses.

However, lets not forget that many people hate Oprah. And there are many reasons for that, but basically even though humanistic, ENFJs want to lead the parade. Which means power-hungry, which means abuse of power, manipulations, superficial management of people etc. It's inevitable. And it doesn't go unnoticed.

ENFJs are more respected than loved, but at least they are not as hated (secretly) as are ENTJs. The really adored ones are the INFJs, but they don't have such openly expressed desire to lead and direct (which is the reason that people love them more).

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Oprah and Gayle King. Persistent rumor of homosexuality.

I suppose ENFJ could do this too, but it seems very ENTJ to have and keep a close, long-time friend and love them and not give a damn if people think you're gay.