• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Characters: The Quintissential MBTI

heart

heart on fire
Uh, I hate to throw water on this, but I find that characters often don't fit MBTI archetypes. That's because those who write tha characters often don't know MBTI. So the character may have some character traits of one type and some of another. Or, they will exaggerated character traits. Like the taking the cleanliness and orderliness of ISTJs to an extreme.

I hate it when I see characters totally not fitting a type. And I get frustrated with that fairly often. The ESFP, for example, having the nobility and idealism of an INFP. Bah! They want their heros to have it all! And it doesn't happen that way in real life.

They really are sort of forced into it, I mean who wants to watch a roomfull of nerds reading and staring at a computer screen? :D Let's all give the poor writers of the world a break!

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I am watching Boondocks.
Stinkmeaner is a total INTJ.

nemo

Enneagram
<3
Tommy Lee Jones' character in Men in Black is a good example of an ISTP, I think.

Kanerou

MBTI Type
_NFP
Yah, the "fluffiness" of INFP's is a huge misconception. I think a lot of the essence of INFP's is that they have a huge range of emotions and states... so if we are fluffy, we also have a darker edge, if we are funny, we are also intensely serious, if we are happy, we are also sad, and I think we generally feed off this kind of veriety and range, which I think is the reason some INFP's are known to almost enjoy being sad.

Just wanted to pitch in, carry on :ninja:

Yeah!

I've actually heard it said that Laura Ingalls Wilder is an S, due to the vivid details in her stories.

IlyaK1986

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Hmm, from Ah My Goddess:

Skuld: ENTP if there ever was one.
Uld: ESTJ
Belldandy: ESFP

Guilty Gear:
Sol: INTJ
Ky: ISFJ
Slayer: ESTP?

Kora

MBTI Type
ENTP
Guilty Gear:
Sol: INTJ
Ky: ISFJ
Slayer: ESTP?

I-I can't believe someone did that! I was thinking on doing it but thought nobody would know about them.
But I disagree on Sol and Ky. I think Sol is more of a P (he hates 'doing his best'), but since INTP doesn't fit him I'd say ISTP, and Ky is more of an E and T. For the others... The most archetypal are in my opinion:
Johnny: ESTP
Venom: ISFJ
I-No: ENTJ
Jam: ENFP
Anji Mito: INTP
Baiken: ISTJ

And I'm spent.

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
I get sentimental reading a nemo post. Where is he? And where's Mort Belfry?

LunarMoon

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/293849-post220.html

What does "his Ne is ridiculous" mean? :huh:
Ne carries the ability to form mental connections between seemingly unrelated points.

Peter constantly forms associations based on the most inane and tenuously connected scenarios.

Peter Griffin (when he's hungover): This sucks worse than that time I went to that museum. (Flashback memory to childhood, standing in museum looking at dinosaur skeltons.)
Peter Griffin (as a child): Why did all the dinosaurs die out?
Man at Museum: Because you touch yourself at night.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/293849-post220.html

Ne carries the ability to form mental connections between seemingly unrelated points.

Peter constantly forms associations based on the most inane and tenuously connected scenarios.

Peter Griffin (when he's hungover): This sucks worse than that time I went to that museum. (Flashback memory to childhood, standing in museum looking at dinosaur skeltons.)
Peter Griffin (as a child): Why did all the dinosaurs die out?
Man at Museum: Because you touch yourself at night.

LOL that is true! i'm not sure if he finds meaning in life but there's no dooubt that he's creative.

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
The lead character, Titta di Girolamo from 'Conseguenze dell'amore, Le':

Unhealthy INTJ.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well here is my list. I'm sure it will change as more quintissential characters come to light.

Guardian:

ESTJ: Hank Hill, King of the Hill
ESFJ: Monica, Friends
ISTJ: Neji Hyuga, Naruto
ISFJ: Ophelia, Hamlet

I vote for Hermione Granger (of Harry Potter fame) for the ESTJ slot. She's pretty much the perfect example of that type. (Then again, I don't watch King of the Hill...)

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
ENFJ - Captain Archer from Star Trek: Enterprise
ISTJ - Malcolm Reed from the same show, see link for perfect example of both
YouTube - Archer invites Reed to a breakfast
But Grommit (as in Wallace and) is also a great ISTJ, as is Bert (Sesame Street)
ISFJ - Samwise Gamgee (Lord of the Rings)

Sinister Scribe

MBTI Type
INTx
Enneagram
INTJs: Severus Snape (from Harry Potter), Captain Jean-Luc Picard (Star Trek: Next Generation), Gandalf (Tolkien's Hobbit and Lord of the Rings)
ISTJ: Mr. Spock (Star Trek: The Original Series)
ENTP: Q (Star Trek: TNG)

Proselyte

MBTI Type
EPIC
Stan from south park is an S, while Cartman is ENTP - typical Ne dominance. The only J he projected (from the 1st 5 seasons that I've watched), is when he makes the teenager eat his parents (lol)

allabastormaroe

MBTI Type
INTP
I haven't heard of any ratoinale for Dale Gribble from King of the Hill. He spends a lot of time in his basement (I), involved with theories (N), naive to his wife and friends antics; her affair, what he admits to Hank about his trust in his friends when his mower was stolen, and his dad being homosexual(J). As for the F/T factor, Dale doesn't queue INFJ social factors such as polite, considerate, or appropriate behaviour (monkey style fighting with his dad, jumping out of john redcorn's trailor, having Joseph shoot a panda against the say of his friends and family). And he spends an abnormal amount of time in his basement misering abnormal schemes and political theories.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Quintescential MBTI anime archtypes
ENTJ: Abe (Big Windup)
INTJ: Light Yagami (Death Note)
INTP: L (Death Note)