• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Winona Ryder

jinxmykarma

MBTI Type
intp

KDude

I've always like her... I feel old though, because she's getting old..

I think more ISFP than INFP. If she's Fi, she doesn't seem very big picture oriented or on the same intense level? She seems more self-concerned than that. Not sure. Her childhood sounded more active. She was kind of a tomboy and had her own little skateboarding crew. I'll try to not to mention the drug abuse and hanging out with Courtney Love. These things happen. Hell, maybe she's INFJ.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
funny, because she says she's obsessed with Kate Winslet (Conan interview). Kristen Stewart is also obsessed with Kate Winslet. Maybe they're the same type.....ISFP? I guess...
What type is Kate Winslet?

KDude

funny, because she says she's obsessed with Kate Winslet (Conan interview). Kristen Stewart is also obsessed with Kate Winslet. Maybe they're the same type.....ISFP? I guess...
What type is Kate Winslet?

Maybe they're close. I think Kristin Stewart could be ISTP. Her character from Twilight is probably ISFP.

I have no clue about Kate Winslet. ENFJ would be my first guess.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
INTJ

and Kate Winslet - ENFJ

I seriously don't think she can be a thinker. Don't you see tremendous amounts of Fi there?
Why don't you support your claims?

jinxmykarma

MBTI Type
intp
"Se focuses on the experiences and sensations of the immediate, physical world. With an acute awareness of the present surroundings, it brings relevant facts and details to the forefront and may lead to spontaneous action."

That seems more appropriate for the type of dialogue Winona engages in for the majority of the above posted interviews. She talks primarily about her life and work in terms of factual information. When she discusses her depression she first speaks to her insomnia and late-night driving sprees (sensory details). Later she discusses how she felt, but she relates it to more sensory detail: seeing a magazine with her picture on the cover. Hardly any metaphors or similes.

The Charlie Rose interview gives her a chance to talk about her interpretation of Author Miller's play and her character. Still, she seems to hit on the factual information from the play and how her character must have felt - perhaps here she delves into Ne a bit more.

As for Kristen Stewart - I don't get much of a feeling vibe from her.
Jimmy Kimmel interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbGODUVY6p0

She has no problem contradicting Kimmel's suggestions. Just on a hunch, it seems to me like an isfp would phrase their rebuttals with more caution. Winona, for example, verges on jittery in the Black Swan interview. She listens intently to Rose and the cues he gives her throughout the interview. Strikes me as very cautious. I tend to think Kristen's a t, but I'm not sure about whether she's more of an istp or an intp. She comes off as a bit spacey in her Kimmel interview. She's more definite with her language in the beginning and then resorts to saying "I'm so somewhere else right now" later on. It's like she's warning Kimmel: I can only pay attention to so much of this. Also, she says "I'm just so not in my own loop sometimes."

nanook

a scream in a vortex
my guess for Winona is TiNe, INTj, mostly due to VI. i don't rule TiSe out.

T types can have emotions, btw. F is about cognitive ethical reasoning. F types can be schizoid. actors of all types should be in touch with their emotions. unless of course they want to make beeing wooden into their trademark.

my take on Kristen Stewart: ISTp SiTe. love her. know plenty of VI lookalikes.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
i go by VI. i never really know the functions of the lookalikes for sure, i just try to put equal people together. i prefer this method, because i try to go by reality. i don't even know wheter there are just 8 functions/16 types (as proven fact). i try to use people as sorce, to then check the theory about functions, not the other way round. i think she is the same type as adymuss, the "INTP" (TiNe) from ... forgotten then name of the funny cult project (kinda like it) ... which is why i say this type of person is TiNe. same vibe, same cynic humor, same super cool expression, albeit her smile is a little stronger, which stands slightly out. (could indicate Fi over Ti, but i think its just a gender thing). another person of roughly the same vibe is the actor stanley tucci from conspiracy where he is playing himself (meaning a TiNe character). another example is time traveler and enterprise captain scott bakula. i would not bet my life on winona fitting into this pattern but thats just how my association comes up.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
no no, in fact it was my lapse to say ISFP for kristen. for sure a thinker. but i still don't see winona ryder an intj. i see her being Fi dominant.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
'With no current boyfriend in sight - her brief romance with rock star Beck ended a few months ago - Winona still insists she's the marrying kind: "I plan on it. I'm very much traditional that way. I'd like to think it's just going to happen once. I'm a hopeless romantic. I was literally born wanting to get married. And I'm keen to have children. When I do it, I'd like to take a lot of time off.'

Now tell me Winona isn't an Fe-dom.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ok, enough researching on this. I have decided that Winona is an ENFJ.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[youtube=XXe8GrpwAxs]Winona Ryder 1991[/youtube]

On this interview, she seems more answering considering the possbilities and not too much grounded in the fact. I think she is INFP, 4w3 Sx/Sp.

Kristen Stewart is an ISFP. 6w5 Sp/Sx.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
'With no current boyfriend in sight - her brief romance with rock star Beck ended a few months ago - Winona still insists she's the marrying kind: "I plan on it. I'm very much traditional that way. I'd like to think it's just going to happen once. I'm a hopeless romantic. I was literally born wanting to get married. And I'm keen to have children. When I do it, I'd like to take a lot of time off.'

Of course, we all know that being an ENFJ is just about following traditions and be married. :rolleyes: She is'nt an Fe dom because she's clearly not extrovert and is not an asserter of the group values. She's actually here expressing her personal values, not trying to be extrovert and directive, which is what Fe is about.

jinxmykarma

MBTI Type
intp
I know very little about VI so I can't address those points with any kind of foundation. I will say that I see no resemblance between Ryder and Bakula. There might be something with Tucci, although I think it's primarily the shape of the nose. I don't find them to hold their faces in similar positions, and their eyes give off an entirely different energy to me.

I don't think Winona's an intp or an intj; she lacks the social obliviousness I associate with intp and she seems too imprecise to hit the mark for intj. Also, her quote about marriage and convention doesn't fit a typical intp sensibility at all.

Enfj? That's something I haven't considered. She doesn't come across as extroverted. I get a stronger sense of either Se or Ne than Ni. She praises the Black Swan cast quite a bit, almost gratuitously, and I think that's reflected in some of her other interviews. She does this without much of a lead from the interviewer, if I remember. That might reflect Fe.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

If you want to play quotes, I can play quotes too:

"You go through spells where you feel that maybe you're too sensitive for this world. I certainly felt that."

"But I've always felt a need to have a life which is completely separate - at least as far as possible - from the kind of illusory lifestyle that comes with being a celebrity."

"I don't believe I am influencing anybody but myself."

"I was regarded as the school freak which further reinforced a lot of inhibitions and doubts I had about myself. I was a shy, frightened teenager for a long time."

"I've learned that it's OK to be flawed."

"It's just people should realize that the celebrity aspect of being an actor is very rarely enjoyable for people like me who would always rather go unnoticed and disappear into the crowd."

"It's part of the celebrity process but my life has never been as interesting or as wild as what's been printed about me."

"Remember, I'm the kind of kid who used to get stuffed into a locker by school bullies. I've never felt like I'm a big star at any level of my life."

Certainly an introvert. Certainly not an Fe user.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

"You go through spells where you feel that maybe you're too sensitive for this world. I certainly felt that."

"But I've always felt a need to have a life which is completely separate - at least as far as possible - from the kind of illusory lifestyle that comes with being a celebrity."

"I was regarded as the school freak which further reinforced a lot of inhibitions and doubts I had about myself. I was a shy, frightened teenager for a long time."

"It's just people should realize that the celebrity aspect of being an actor is very rarely enjoyable for people like me who would always rather go unnoticed and disappear into the crowd."

"It's part of the celebrity process but my life has never been as interesting or as wild as what's been printed about me."

"Remember, I'm the kind of kid who used to get stuffed into a locker by school bullies. I've never felt like I'm a big star at any level of my life."

Certainly and introverted. Certainly not an Fe user.

Yes. her choice to be married was her personal choice, not "I want to be married because people do that" or something.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Certainly an introvert. Certainly not an Fe user.

I'm not sure what was responsible for your outburst here, but evidence is certainly better than the mere blurting out of someone's type.