• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Musashi Miyamoto

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INTJ 8w7 Sp/So? (maybe 3w4?)

Ghostwheel

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Five
I don't see how it's realistically possible to type him, but I'll bite.

I'll go with ISTP.

He won his first duel at thirteen. I can't see any Intuitive type being that good a fighter at such a young age. And not just good, but arguably the all-time world's best.

Some of the stories about him have a definite "P" flavor, too. For example, not worrying about upcoming duels to the extent that he carves an oar into a wooden sword right before hand. Very casual, no preparation.

In another, he didn't trust the person he was scheduled to fight, so he arrived at the dueling site the day before and hid in a tree. Sure enough, his opponent comes with a bunch of armed henchmen for an ambush. Musashi jumps out of the tree right on top of them and cuts them down as they're paralyzed with surprise. Sounds like very SP-ish tactics to me.

He did indeed write and paint. Any type can potentially do that though. His book was on tactics, which is right up the ISTP alley, whether it's military tactics, football tactics, or dueling tactics.

Blackwater

MBTI Type
ERTP
ISTP, yea - he has Ni but not very much of it. and his theories on Zen are pretty S

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
you guys have good points, ISTP does seem more likely than INTJ.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't see how it's realistically possible to type him, but I'll bite.

I'll go with ISTP.

He won his first duel at thirteen. I can't see any Intuitive type being that good a fighter at such a young age. And not just good, but arguably the all-time world's best.
you have a good point, I can't see many Ns doing this lol

Some of the stories about him have a definite "P" flavor, too. For example, not worrying about upcoming duels to the extent that he carves an oar into a wooden sword right before hand. Very casual, no preparation.
actually, that particular move was very deliberate.
- he deliberately showed up late with a makeshift wooden sword to anger his opponent and make him loose his cool
- his opponent was skilled with a long sword, so he carved a sword that was even longer to take away his opponent's edge

In another, he didn't trust the person he was scheduled to fight, so he arrived at the dueling site the day before and hid in a tree. Sure enough, his opponent comes with a bunch of armed henchmen for an ambush. Musashi jumps out of the tree right on top of them and cuts them down as they're paralyzed with surprise. Sounds like very SP-ish tactics to me.
actually, I could see my INTJ friend doing this lol but overall, I think you're right that its more of an SP thing

He did indeed write and paint. Any type can potentially do that though. His book was on tactics, which is right up the ISTP alley, whether it's military tactics, football tactics, or dueling tactics.
point taken. ISTP is probably more likely