• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Winnie the Pooh

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
Winnie - ISFX
Owl - ENTJ... ESTJ? Some kind of ETJ I think.
Tigger - ESTP
Piglet - ISFJ
Christopher Robin - INFP
Eyore - ???
Rabit - ESFJ?
Kanga - ???
Roo - ESTJ???

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Winnie - ISFP
Owl - ESTJ
Tigger - ENFP
Piglet - ISFJ
Christopher Robin - INFP
Eeyore - INFJ
Rabbit - ESFJ
Kanga - ENFJ
Roo - ESxP

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Let's see.
I at least have them based on temperament.

Rational
Owl

Idealists
Winnie, Christopher Robin, Eeyore

Guardians
Piglet, Rabbit, Kanga

Artisans
Tigger, Roo

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Winnie-the-Pooh

I am in the midst of reading a truly amazing book. It is called The Tao of Pooh. It really, really emphasizes Pooh's ISFP qualities, indirectly, of course, but it is amazing how much Pooh fits as an ISFP, possibly a J, but I'd have to look more into it. I have also some *ideas* as to what other characters might be..

* I am not extremely familiar with each character, so I could be way off, just point if out if you think differently.

so...

Pooh- ISFP (there is a slight possibility he may be a J)
Piglet- ENFP -he is known to hesitate, think things over, before acting, and seems to get along with Pooh quite well..)
Owl- INTJ - he can be somewhat hard-headed, but he may also be a P..the NT is definitely apparent with his intellect.
Rabbit- ENTJ - He is very clever, the NT in him is also apparent, seems to be rather Extraverted, and possibly is a J.
and Tigger..well they don't, or haven't mentioned Tigger, at all, so far..but I have read that he may be an ENFP..I tend to think maybe an ESFP, but I have little to nothing to back that one up.

So there, my ideas, yes..ideas, on the type of each character. And I really emphasize the ISFP in Pooh...they really relate him being an Uncarved Stone, that is..simple, optimistic, bigger heart then brain, natural, adaptable, and overall, very humble, loyal, honest, without the brains, like Owl, and without Rabbit's cleverness..but with a nice solid character full of simplicity. He is a great representation of the Ideal Taoist. Which emphasizes his ISF..not through direct words, but it's almost as if it's what they are really saying.

So please, tell me what you think :), it would be much appreciated.

-and I recommend the book, it's full of wisdom, and has to be one of the most thought-provoking, and inspiration books that I have ever read.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I definitely relate to ol Pooh, so I think you might be on to something. :)

I agree with most of your assessments of the characters, except for Rabbit. I say ISTJ. He doesn't tend to like being disturbed, and definitely has a strong belief in doing things the traditional way. regardless of whether it's the most efficient way.

One of my dad's nicknames for me was "Mr. Roo", so I'll always feel a strong connection to a certain little kangaroo as well. :blush:

The Grey Badger

MBTI Type
INTP
"Humble, loyal, and honest" sounds like ISFJ to me, but I think it's a tossup between ISFJ and ISFP for Pooh. Tiger strikes me as a classic ESFP.

sarah

soft and silky
MBTI Type
isfp
I gotta say, Piglet was the character I always felt resembled me most (not least because I'm petite and small-boned, which means I'm also a Very Small Animal.)

He seems to be consumed with thoughts of bravery and "saving the day",which seems appropriate for an SP. I always loved the stories in which he's envisioning himself being ultra suave and nonchalant while confronting a Heffelump, but when he's in a situation in which he thinks he's actually meeting one, he messes up his lines and goes all inarticulate. AND YET, he's actually a brave little guy whenever he just does something to help someone and doesn't second-guess his own ability. Piglet's good at Just Doing What Needs To Be Done in crisis situations.

Also, Piglet's got beautiful scripty handwriting that's much more elegant than the others' (if you look at the pictuers drawn by Ernest Shepherd in the original stories). I think he's got untapped artistic potential. ;)

piglet-giant-boardbook-shepherd.jpg

Sarah
ISFP

Sunshine

MBTI Type
ABCD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Pooh is my favorite character.

I think Piglet is ISXJ and Tigger is an EXFP. Just my impressions.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
piglet's kinda shy though. i think INFP would be better.

what about eeyore?

sarah

soft and silky
MBTI Type
isfp
piglet's kinda shy though. i think INFP would be better.

what about eeyore?

"N"? Did I read a different version of the book when I was a kid? In the version I read (the original Winnie the Pooh, by A.A. Milne, as well as The House at Pooh's Corner), the characters did not just sit around talking about abstract possibilities all the time. They were pretty tuned in to their environment. They didn't seem to me to exhibit traits of the Idealist/Catalyst temperament either.

C'mon, people, I know that it's a popular pastime to think you see "iNtuition" everywhere, and that it's common to believe that people who have a few thoughtful insights or a healthy imagination must therefore prefer iNtuition, but .... seriously. What I see most people describing as iNtuition isn't what either Carl Jung or Isabel Myers meant by it.

Not to start an argument or anything, but can anyone show me quotes by way of evidence that any of the characters except for Eeyore (who really did spend a lot of time by himself wondering "Why" and "Wherefore" and "Inasmuch as Which") seriously thought less about the people and things in their world than about abstract meaning and significance and about helping the other characters realize their inborn potential?

If Pooh and Piglet spend all day building a house for Eeyore or worrying about what he might like as a birthday present, or looking for something that Tiggers like to eat, or playing with Baby Roo, or wondering if the presence of bees near a tree means they have a hive in it, or pretending to be a little cloud so as to fool the bees into thinking your'e not after their honey, or going on a walking "expotition" to the North Pole, or imagining monsters in the woods and going hunting for them, or even making up poetry that's mostly just harmonic use of language (see David Keirsey's explanation of the SP temperament - NF poetry is heavily metaphorical, SP poetry is harmonic), all of that's very, very concrete. Even making up fictitious monsters and naming them Woozles and Heffalumps and going "hunting" for them is about using your imagination concretely, not abstractly. If Piglet daydreams about heroically saving the day by exhibiting physical bravery, that's a concrete daydream about performing concrete actions at a soon-to-be concrete moment in time, not about envisioning what could become true in the far-off future.

If you guys can point to specific paragraphs from the books to prove that those animals in fact spent most of their time pondering the nature of evil vs. good or devising abstract models that help explain human/animal behavior, I'll change my mind.

Until then.. sorry, but I don't buy your type guesses. ;)

Sarah
(children's librarian) ISFP

sarah

soft and silky
MBTI Type
isfp
Piglet's a dude.

hahaha! I wondered what she meant by "she". As far as I'm aware, the only female animal of the bunch was Kanga (a stereotype of the Guardian temperament if there ever was one)...

Sarah
ISFP

Sunshine

MBTI Type
ABCD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I hadn't thought about it but Sarah has some really good points. There's a lot of S in the whole show. Most definitely harmonic over idealist. Heh even their daydreams are concrete.

Sunshine

MBTI Type
ABCD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh and I was thinking about Tigger more but instead of becomming more certain I became less certain lol...I think he could be a T...so my guess would be EXXP and not EXFP. Prolly ESXP.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Eeyore is likely ISTJ but he may also be an INFP-they are very melancholy types.