• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Winnie the Pooh

mljacksonmft

MBTI Type
INFP
piglet

With regards to Piglet thinking things over before he acts, that pause to reflect, is the natural response process of introverts rather than extraverts which places Piglet more likely in the realm of INFPs rather than ENFPs.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
Piglet would never be an ENFP. That guy sucks. He is an ISFJ

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
With regards to Piglet thinking things over before he acts, that pause to reflect, is the natural response process of introverts rather than extraverts which places Piglet more likely in the realm of INFPs rather than ENFPs.

uh.. .plenty of Es think before they act. I do. A lot of enfps do.

mljacksonmft

MBTI Type
INFP
regarding Keirsey & Berens on temperaments

Both Keirsey and Berens are NTs so their perspective on NFs is somewhat limited. NFs are naturally wired to facilitate harmony in the lives of others and to feel guilty and bad out of proportion to objective reality when they can not or do not. NFs in that sense are not altruistic like Keirsey thinks. Their drive to help in the lives of others is complex; a combination of nature's drive for meaning with 'enforcement' of their role and function provided by the intensity of the feelings of guilt and blame they experience if they attempt to set boundaries that upset others.

wolfy

awsm
Yeah, we had the bestest adventures ever.

The_Many_Adventures_of_Winnie_the_PoohWinCE.jpg

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Pooh- ISFP

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.
Piglet was comforted by this.

Piglet- INFP

Piglet lay there, wondering what had happened. At first he thought that the whole world had blown up; and then he thought that perhaps only the forest part of it had; and then he thought that perhaps only he had, and he was now alone in the moon or somewhere, and he would never see Christopher Robin or Pooh or Eeyore again. And then he thought, "Well, even if I'm in the moon, I needn't be face downwards all the time," so he got cautiously up and looked about him.

Owl- INTJ

"It's just the sort of place," he explained, "for an Ambush."
"What sort of bush?" whispered Pooh to Piglet. "A gorse-bush?"
"My dear Pooh," said Owl in his superior way, "don't you know what an Ambush is?"
"Owl," said Piglet, looking round at him severely, "Pooh's whisper was a perfectly private whisper, and there was no need -"
"An Ambush," said Owl, "is a sort of Surprise."
"So is a gorse-bush sometimes," said Pooh.

Rabbit- ESTJ

"Hallo, Pooh," said Rabbit.
"Hallo, Rabbit," said Pooh dreamily.
"Did you make that song up?"
"Well, I sort of made it up," said Pooh. "It isn't Brain," he went on humbly, "because You Know Why, Rabbit; but it comes to me sometimes."
"Ah!" said Rabbit, who never let things come to him, but always went and fetched them.

Tigger - ESFP

The wonderful thing about Tiggers, is Tiggers are wonderful chaps! They're loaded with vim and vigor, they love to leap in your laps! They're jumpy, bumpy, clumpy, thumpy... fun, fun, fun, fun, fun

Kanga - ESFJ

Roo - ENFP

Eeyore - INFJ

Last edited:

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Winnie the Pooh - Eight Characters, Eight Children's Personalities?

Recently, I watched the new Pooh movie, and it struck me!

An interesting coincidence: There are 8 characters for Winnie the Pooh, and someone proposed 8 personality types for children.

Extraverted Sensing (ESP) - the future Performers and Doers Tigger
Introverted Sensing (ISJ) - the future Nurturers and Duty Fulfillers Eeyore
Extraverted Intuition (ENP) - the future Inspirers and Visionaries Roo
Introverted Intuition (INJ) - the future Protectors and Scientists Owl
Extraverted Feelers (EFJ) - the future Givers and Caregivers Kanga
Introverted Feelers (IFP) - the future Idealists and Artists Piglet
Extraverted Thinkers (ETJ) - the future Executives and Guardians Rabbit
Introverted Thinkers (ITP) - the future Mechanics and Thinkers Pooh

Maybe I'm crazy, but that's what I thought.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Interesting observation. Perhaps someone on the writing staff knows a thing or two about MBTI and JCF, and thus decided to incorporate it into the movie/characters?

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm not doubting you; I too have seen instances of typology applied to fiction which indicates that a writer knowlingly did so; like the manga/anime Death Note.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I doubt he did - after all, the book was written in the late 20s, as I recall. Nonetheless, it is an interesting coincidence. :)

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
I remember a similar thread popping up in PerCafe... The correlations were different, though. I like yours better. :)

I remember Piglet being an ISFJ, tho... :thinking:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Pooh is an ISFP and Piglet is an ISFJ. I mean I don't even know why you would consider IxTP for Pooh, I'm sorry, but that seems ridiculous to me (no offense to you personally). I have seen people call Piglet INFP, but I'm pretty pretty sure he's ISFJ.

Everything else I agree with you on, totally.

Wait...what do you have Eeyore as? There's your INFP.

I think you have Piglet and Eeyore mixed up. Eeyore is a depressed INFx

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Piglet seems ISFJ to me, and Eeyore seems ISTJ. Pooh doesn't seem like a Ti-dom at all. I don't think each cognitive process is represented by a character.....I've never been a fan of this cartoon though.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh, okay. :) I don't really understand Ti that well, so maybe I misinterpreted it.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
bringin' it back from the depths

Pooh - ISFP

Piglet - ISFJ

Tigger - ESFP

Owl - INTJ

Rabbit - ESTJ

Kanga - ESFJ

Roo - E__P

Eeyore - ISTJ

Christopher Robin - INFP

S

SingSmileShine

Can someone please explain the rationale behind Pooh being an ISFP over an ISFJ? I don't recall the character well enough to decipher. I know he's definitely ISFx.