• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Pretty in Pink

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Love this film...kind of wish life was like this...it all works out in an hour and a half with a pink prom dress... ;)

Types of characters? Here's what I've got so far:

Andie: ISFP
Andie's dad: INFJ
Duckie: ENFP
Steff: ESTP
Blane: ISFJ

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
James Spader's character is ExTP for sure.

Jules

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Andie: IxTJ
Iona: ExxP
Jack (Andie's dad): INFP
Jenna (Andie's friend): ISTP
Blane: IxFJ

Last edited:

SilkRoad

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Andie: IxTJ
Iona: ESxP
Jack (Andie's dad): INFP
Jenna (Andie's friend): ISTP
Blane: IxFJ

Why would you say IxTJ for Andie?

Jules

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Why would you say IxTJ for Andie?

Because she's the responsible one in the family and among her friends, is very serious and a perfectionist. She's pragmatic, ambitious, has a no-nonsense attitude towards relationships, demands closure, doesn't like surprises and isn't afraid to hurt others feelings if it will give her answers. She's a hard ass. I'd type her as INTJ or ISTJ.*

*I haven't seen the show in a while but have watched it ~25-30 times in the past 25 years so just typing from memory.

SilkRoad

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Because she's the responsible one in the family and among her friends, is very serious and a perfectionist. She's pragmatic, ambitious, has a no-nonsense attitude towards relationships, demands closure, doesn't like surprises and isn't afraid to hurt others feelings if it will give her answers. She's a hard ass. I'd type her as INTJ or ISTJ.*

*I haven't seen the show in a while but have watched it ~25-30 times in the past 25 years so just typing from memory.

Can't argue too much with that.

I don't see any Ni (or Ne) in her particularly though. Pretty sure she's a Sensor. I could see an argument for her being any ISxx type. ISTJ definitely seems possible.

Moonflower

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I always really related to Andie's dad when watching this movie. It looks like I know why after this thread.

SilkRoad

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I always really related to Andie's dad when watching this movie. It looks like I know why after this thread.

Yeah, I think he could definitely be an INFP. I'd say definitely INFP or INFJ. I find it hard to type fictional characters (especially film) as they tend to be a mixture of types, though.