• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is the personality type of architect Sir. Frank Lloyd Wright?

curiousel

why? he was an entertainer, INTP aren´t famous precisely for this... and he was very controversial and had a turbulent life. I think ENTP fits better.

bcubchgo

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
Since when is he a "sir"??? Lol

He was definitely an extrovert. There's no way you could be as great of a salesman as he was and prefer to be an introvert. He may have had moments of introversion but to "sell" you have to have a personality and he had that and then some. I'd say he was 75%E and 25%I.

I think he was an intuitive but he also had some sensor qualities too.. His designs balanced an ingenious futurism with a natural beauty. He could think outside of the box and tie it together with a very sensual landscape or texture on his materials. I'd say he was 60% N and 40%S.

He was almost a 100% thinking personality.

Maybe he was a perceiver, preference-wise. He did use and abuse people all the time because he could, which I think has hints of an unhealthy perceiver. (someone who uses their gravitational attractiveness to their advantage) I'm not sure how organized he was. Was he "laid back" like perceivers tend to be? He was very specific about his exacting standards and knew how to organize and influence teams of people. Maybe he was 60%Pand 40%J. or maybe a little more towards 50-50.

Last edited:

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

2:00 into this video: "What is the nature of this thing we're in?" (Sounds of pounding on a table.) "Now that's the curse of seeing in, not seeing at."

He sounds like an INTP to me.

curiousel

Since when is he a "sir"??? Lol

just like Sir Norman Foster. I think it is well deserved. Most people used to call him Mr. Wright, but once a journalist called him Mr. Wrong!

I think he was an ENTP but he sounds a bit boring sometimes. He might be a bit of both. ENTP-INTP.
Most of the visual legacy is about his later years as an old man, maybe when he was younger he was more funny...

bcubchgo

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
Sir Norman Foster was knighted. Frank Lloyd Wright wasn't, as far as I know.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Frank Lloyd Wright was a socionics INTp and had an MBTI type of INTJ with an enneagram of 5w4.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
INFJ>

I've studied him before at some point because I got off on a FLW jag....

I see him as a visionary first: Ni.

I feel him as an INFJ/INTJ and his parents as well...

I see him as more artist and visionary. Plus your vid speaks to his ideals of the importance of spirituality. Though I don't think studying someone after their 40's/50's gives you the best glimpse into their type because they should ideally be utilizing all the functions more proficiently by then.

I remember reading that he designed something once and many engineers told him it wasn't strong enough, but he stubbornly followed through on his plan anyway and it collapsed. That makes me question not only his Ti (as dom), but points to his stubbornness as well, which is notoriously an Ni dom trait...

Then there is all the romantic stuff....which reeks of male infj. :laugh:

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INFJ>

I've studied him before at some point because I got off on a FLW jag....

I see him as a visionary first: Ni.

I feel him as an INFJ/INTJ and his parents as well...

I see him as more artist and visionary. Plus your vid speaks to his ideals of the importance of spirituality. Though I don't think studying someone after their 40's/50's gives you the best glimpse into their type because they should ideally be utilizing all the functions more proficiently by then.

I remember reading that he designed something once and many engineers told him it wasn't strong enough, but he stubbornly followed through on his plan anyway and it collapsed. That makes me question not only his Ti (as dom), but points to his stubbornness as well, which is notoriously an Ni dom trait...

Then there is all the romantic stuff....which reeks of male infj. :laugh:

I actually do think there is a good possibility that he is an INTJ. Some reasons:
- was an innovator/pioneer/visionary
- he built a house in Spring Green WI, which is in the middle of nowhere - not characteristic of an extrovert
- missed practical things in his designs - houses developed leaks, weren't the best structurally, etc. i don't think an INTP would make these kinds of mistakes which seem like Se type omissions
- he wasn't nice enough to be an INFJ
- definite romantic streak as Aphrodite has indicated e.g. "Loving Frank" - seems like that might align with INTJ more than INTP (INTJs are closet romantics)

curiousel

INFJ>

Not exactly. Because some client questioned that his plan was not going to stand still, he wanted to demonstrate that he could put several times more weight than the maximum it was intended to stand. He did so successfully, and at some point the construction collapsed.