• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

David Bowie

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=7991]chana[/MENTION]

Socionics types don't directly correlate with JCF; just because you're INFP doesn't mean that you're INFp(IEI) (assuming this is the particular reason for why you dismiss it).

As for David Bowie, from what I know of him, I'd say 4w3 in terms of enneagram; I mean who else would make an alter ego like Ziggy Stardust otherthan a 4? Also, the lyrics to his songs seem to be another strong indicator. As for JCF and Socionics, not sure atm.

EDIT: post 2300 Whooooo!

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=7991]chana[/MENTION]

Socionics types don't directly correlate with JCF; just because you're INFP doesn't mean that you're INFp(IEI) (assuming this is the particular reason for why you dismiss it).

As for David Bowie, from what I know of him, I'd say 4w3 in terms of enneagram; I mean who else would make an alter ego like Ziggy Stardust otherthan a 4? Also, the lyrics to his songs seem to be another strong indicator. As for JCF and Socionics, not sure atm.

EDIT: post 2300 Whooooo!

I actually thought he was a 4w3 too, but what made me think 3w4 was how much more proactive he was as opposed to reflective and slower paced like a 4 (I posted this thread because I watched a documentary on him on topdocumentaryfilms.com). he certainly breaks a lot of type 3 stereotypes though =P

Edit: congratulations bro :hug: :hug: :hug:

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think it's better than the vague shit that MBTI has suckers to.

it should be vague, the types are just guidelines. there's no way to fully describe a person with a few letters, 16 categories is enough, i don't need like a million variants of each type or two different types (how can you be an enfj and an estp.?). and vi is just fucking stupid tbh.

[MENTION=10919]Savage Idealist[/MENTION] i always test as iei and reading the descriptions felt that it sounded the most like me. but mbti descriptions are more accurate for me. socionics descriptions get too oddly specific for me. i'm willing to be proven wrong but i've read a decent amount about it and don't see the appeal.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I love david Bowie. :wub:

(except for during the labyrinth movie :sick:)

I love that movie. Don't hate.

My sister and I randomly sing songs from it hahahha

Seriously? Do you really think everyone can be classified into a system that is covers every little detail? That is like saying race is vague shit. Well, yeah, there are certainly individuals with individual qualities, but it is just a system of classification.

No one is the same. That is why the borders are fuzzy- people can share different qualities.

It is the individual who decides whether or not they should be fitting into the system perfectly- the system does not force the individual.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I don't think MBTI is vague at all. perhaps it might help to study it more?

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
it should be vague, the types are just guidelines. there's no way to fully describe a person with a few letters, 16 categories is enough, i don't need like a million variants of each type or two different types (how can you be an enfj and an estp.?). and vi is just fucking stupid tbh.

[MENTION=10919]Savage Idealist[/MENTION] i always test as iei and reading the descriptions felt that it sounded the most like me. but mbti descriptions are more accurate for me. socionics descriptions get too oddly specific for me. i'm willing to be proven wrong but i've read a decent amount about it and don't see the appeal.

I've recognized the two subtypes at play; it's pretty simple really: is the person mobile and animated or not, though I think the associated descriptions are good to know. Think there's more.

Last I heard, everyone's still allowed to ride the front of the bus.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
gerardio from Personality Cafe summed my thoughts on why I think he's 3w4 as opposed to 4w3 quite nicely
He's a 3w4 in my opinion. The wing is what 'flavours' a person's personality. So a 4w3 might be charming and ambitious on the surface but melancholic and sentimental underneath. Similiarly, Bowie is a bit brooding and melancholic on the surface. But underneath he's all about hard work and achievement.