• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Modern family and the enneagram.

Blanchard

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5W4
I've been watching this series that my family loves and that it is still funny. Apparently, it has been very successful thanks to the variety of characters. I noticed that the personality of each is a perfect stereotype of the Enneagram and I wonder if you think the same:

-Claire Dunphy: 1 (The Perfectionist)
-Cameron "Cam" Tucker: 2 (The Altruistic)
-Mitchell Pritchett: 3 (The Performer)
-Manny Delgado: 4 (The Romantic)
-Alex Dunphy: 5 (The Observer)
-Gloria Pritchett-Delgado: 6 (The Skeptical)
-Haley Dunphy: 7 (The Epicurean)
-Jay Pritchett: 8 (The head)
-Phil Dunphy: 9 (The mediator)

Luke gets out of this list but I think he might be 9 like her father.
You can also search their MBTI characters if you want, but I think in this case really interesting is the Enneagram.

Ian Blei

MBTI Type
INtj
Enneagram
Two
I totally agree with your assessments of the Dunphy family! And I almost never agree with people's assessments. LOL! You rock! :)

Hitoshi-San

MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
???
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Claire - 1. She hates when things go wrong and can be very compulsive.
Phil - 9. He's sort of emotional and deeply caring, avoids conflict.
Haley - 7 or 2. She's certainly spontaneous and the life of the party at times, but loves being loved and cared after.
Alex - 5. She is intelligent, a hard worker, always strives to be the best in lacrosse, cello, school from what I've seen.
Luke - 7? 8?? He's curious, happy-go-lucky, and a rule breaker.

All the rest I agree with completely. Awesome :)

MBTI:

Claire - ISxJ, leaning towards ISTJ.
Phil - ENFP
Haley - ESFP, as she matures she's becoming an ESFJ
Alex - INTx
Luke - ISTP as a kid, ESTP as a teenager

Mitch - ESTJ.....?
Cam - ESFJ
Lily - she's a little kid, so it's pretty hard to tell.

Jay - INTJ
Gloria - ENFJ
Manny - INFx

Simone123

I've been watching this series that my family loves and that it is still funny. Apparently, it has been very successful thanks to the variety of characters. I noticed that the personality of each is a perfect stereotype of the Enneagram and I wonder if you think the same: -Claire Dunphy: 1 (The Perfectionist) -Cameron "Cam" Tucker: 2 (The Altruistic) -Mitchell Pritchett: 3 (The Performer) -Manny Delgado: 4 (The Romantic) -Alex Dunphy: 5 (The Observer) -Gloria Pritchett-Delgado: 6 (The Skeptical) -Haley Dunphy: 7 (The Epicurean) -Jay Pritchett: 8 (The head) -Phil Dunphy: 9 (The mediator) Luke gets out of this list but I think he might be 9 like her father. You can also search their MBTI characters if you want, but I think in this case really interesting is the Enneagram.
I totally agree with some of your assessments but I think:
Claire is type 1
Gloria is type 2, she is very caring and wants to help everyone but in stress she goes to type 8 and yells at everyone/is kind of aggressive
Haley is type 3, she is concerned with status/outward appearance
Cam and Manny are type 4, moody, sensitive, expressive and melodramatic
Alex is type 5
Mitchell is type 6, he is responsible, prone to anxiety and can be suspicious
Phil is type 7, he's enthusiastic, playful, high spirited, can be scattered, I think this is what Luke is too
Jay is type 8