• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ISFP Actors?

A

A window to the soul

I'd appreciate hearing which other errors you're noticing? Besides typings with which you disagree, I mean (though we do welcome good arguments against our typings).
I think you grossly underestimate the power of intuition in your ENTP description. I don't have time to go through all of your errors with you at this time, as I'm on my way out for the evening. I would like to know what qualifies you to make the generalization quoted below. And what cognitive function that you think belief in a deity is associated with? Are you aware of what Carl Jung says about intuition-thinking influencing one's belief in God? That intuition is discerning through unconscious processes. The individual goes beyond facts, feelings, and ideas in search of the essence of reality. In fact, in an interview with Good Housekeeping, Jung mentions that intuition is God; it's the voice inside of our head that tells us what to do and what not to do. Through intuition, Jung said he does not take God's existence on belief; rather, he KNOWS that God exists.

Amongst the types least likely to believe in a deity

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I agree with some of the suggestions, but the website typed Jim Carrey as both ENFP and ENTJ so its lack of consistency depreciates its credibility.

That appears to be a mere editorial error. Such an egregiously mistaken type-call would throw the entire site out of bounds of credibility.

Blackwater

MBTI Type
ERTP
I agree with some of the suggestions, but the website typed Jim Carrey as both ENFP and ENTJ

Yeah, Eco, what's up with that. perhaps you should explain in the thread, because i didnt understand the whole 'server glicth' explanation when we talked on the phone.

But actually,, we find him quite hard to type. The only thing we agree on is that he is a Te/Fi user. Maybe we should do a page for people whom we can't type. put him next to Julian Assange.

I think you grossly underestimate the power of intuition in your ENTP description.

Where we call them "pattern seekers"? Or what?

I don't have time to go through all of your errors with you at this time, as I'm on my way out for the evening.

Hope you had a good new year's.

I would like to know what qualifies you to make the generalization [about religiousity] quoted below. And what cognitive function that you think belief in a deity is associated with?

It has nothing to do with cognitive functions directly. Yes, I have read almost everything Jung said about his own system. I am not sure that Jung should be taken as someone who has exclusive insight into the system. Rather, perhaps more as a groundbreaker. For example, in one place he said that he thought that one's dominant function would have the same orientation as oneself, and then the three others would be oppositely directed. So for ENTP, the order would be Ne, Ti, Fi, Si. I certainly dont belive that, and to me, it just shows that Jung was finding out new stuff, and that he didnt have all the answers.

Here is the source you asked for:

The following scores represent a positive attitude toward Christianity (based on responses to statements such as "I know Jesus helps me."):

1. INFJ - 87.3
2. ESTJ - 85.6
3. ISFJ - 82.0
4. ESFJ - 80.7
5. INFP - 77.9
6. INTJ - 75.3
7. ISTJ - 75.0
8. ENFJ - 74.8
9. ISFP - 73.3
10. ENTJ - 72.9
11. ESFP - 72.8
12. ENFP - 72.3
13. ESTP - 72.0
14. INTP - 69.9
15. ENTP - 69.4
16. ISTP - 59.3

Source: Francis, Jones, and Craig, (2004), Personality and religion: the relationship between psychological type and attitude toward Christianity, Archiv Für Religionspsychologie, 26, 15-33.

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
Yeah, Eco, what's up with that. perhaps you should explain in the thread, because i didnt understand the whole 'server glicth' explanation when we talked on the phone.

Here's how it happened:

- I moved Carrey from ENTJ to ENFP and saved the file locally, awaiting your approval before I was going to upload the change.

- I got your response that you were in fact not convinced that he was an ENFP and wanted him to stay put. Therefore I undid the change in my local version of the file.

- My computer crashed, and apparently the last time I had saved the file was at the point where Jim Carrey was placed both places.

- Unaware of the problem, the next time I made a change to the index file, I uploaded the error as well.

:sorry:

But actually,, we find him quite hard to type.

+1! :shrug:

For the record, I agree with the call of Fi and Te user - and while his way of sabotaging the host in his Actor's Studio interview is reminiscent of Robin Williams, I concede that (unlike when watching Robin Williams) I can identify no use of Ne when watching Carrey's interviews (nor when studying his comedy). He exhibits no situation-dependent, pattern-seeing wit; it's all stock humor. I also think he's extroverted and intuitive, and by process of elimination that means ENTJ, but I'm not at all happy with the typing which is why I made my concerted effort to convert him to something (anything!) else in the first place.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Here's how it happened:

- I moved Carrey from ENTJ to ENFP and saved the file locally

Phew! I was going to say that if Carrey is an ENTJ then he sure is a master of disguise!

Noir

Johah Hill - ISFP
Scarlett Johansson - ISFP

jim jarmusch, sofia coppola, speilberg are isfp directors

mentioned in this thread that I DONT think are ISFPs:
Brad Pitt - INFP
Jolie - ENTJ
Amanda Seyfried - ENFP
Kirsten Dunst - ENFP
Jim Carrey - ENFP
Rihanna - ISTP
Beyonce - ENFP

Ghostwheel

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Five
The late, great Christopher Reeve has been typed as ISFP.

His characters give me that impression, too.

christopher-reeve-superman.jpg