• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Bridesmaids

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
The films satirizes the whole nonsense and tohubohu that seems to be part of getting married in the US. In the process of so doing, the characters are portrayed as what I consider to be clowns. Of course that it part of the satire, but because that level of fuss is strange to me, perhaps stranger than to people who are familiar with such marriages, I perceived their portrayal as even more demeaning as others may do. Maybe women are like that. Maybe the filmmakers despise them for it. Anyway, since it shows women in a way that I was not previously acquainted with, the film had the potential of giving women a bad name. In the latter sense it could be considered misogynistic.

309573_10150415309381753_595321752_10026966_1075666232_n.jpg

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The films satirizes the whole nonsense and tohubohu that seems to be part of getting married in the US. In the process of so doing, the characters are portrayed as what I consider to be clowns. Of course that it part of the satire, but because that level of fuss is strange to me, perhaps stranger than to people who are familiar with such marriages, I perceived their portrayal as even more demeaning as others may do. Maybe women are like that. Maybe the filmmakers despise them for it. Anyway, since it shows women in a way that I was not previously acquainted with, the film had the potential of giving women a bad name. In the latter sense it could be considered misogynistic.

why is it politically correct to say everything is misogynistic these days? I'm sure there is much more stuff in the media demeaning men these days than women

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Because it is payback time.

I am aware you're joking, but i feel compelled to respond anyway :)
every religious fundamentalist group in the middle east would say the same thing. truth is, you're paying back the wrong people. it's the previous generations that treated women poorly and oppressed their rights, not generation X, Y or Z

RosieJones

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Annie - INFP (definitely an introvert she is a bit awkward around people and generally pretty quiet and keeps to herself. When she has that meltdown at Lilian's engagement party and fell out with the cop, she hid herself away for days and didn't talk to anyone. That is very Fi-Dom being overwhelmed and consumed by their feelings and needing to hide away and be alone to deal with them)

Lilian - ENFJ?

Helen - ESFJ

Megan - ESTP

Becca - xSFJ

Rita - ESTJ (thought maybe ESTP but she seems to have a strong Te of being quite direct and blunt)

Nathan - ???? I have no idea! He seems to fit all of them! Can't tell if he is an S or an N at all. Initial response was N but everyone else seems to think he is an ISTP or something. He seems quite F to me too. He is concerned with his and other people's feelings. Also the fact Annie's tail light on her car is always broken and when she littered on the ground and it annoyed him signifies more of a J type to me. With the relationship between them he is quite concerned with knowing where it is going which also seems more J. Although other times he seems more chilled and laid back so can't tell. Could see him as an ENFJ actually. The Fe seems pretty strong when he constantly pushes Annie to get back into baking cos he wants to help her get back on her feet and feel happy again. Others say ISTP which is the complete opposite so have no idea.

RosieJones

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Totally agree. I absolutely saw her as very ISFP.

Why exactly? I feel she is more of an INFP because I can see more Ne in her than Se. She has lots of ideas she likes to bounce off people like for the bridal shower and the bachelorette party. She seems to rely more on hunches or general impressions of people which is more N than what actually literally happened like with Helen. Although in the beginning Helen never actually does anything specific ly mean to her, she immediately has this hunch about her character that she clings to.

Annie's past also affects her a lot I think which signifies Si in INFP's cognitive stack. She can't seem to let the failure of her bakery and past relationships go. She tries to push them out of her mind, but you can tell these events have affected her a lot.

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm don't know about Annie but I think Helen was an ESFJ and Megan was an ESTP (which is a given)

Crabs

Permabanned
Fuck Bridesmaids and FUCK Paul Feig!!! That son of a cunt ruined Ghostbusters.