• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Spartacus: Blood and Sand

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I AM SPARTACUS!

Epic fucking tv series, so anyone have any thoughts concerning the characters types? Well obviously. Here's my typings so far (to be expanded more later):

Spartacus: ISFP cp6w5 > 2w1 > 8w9 sx/sp
Batiatus: ENTJ 8w7 > 3w4 > 6w5 sp/so
Doctore/Oenomaus: ISTJ 1w9 > 5w6pr > 3w4 so/sp
Lucretia: ENFJ 4w3 sx/so
Crixus: ESTP 3w2 so/sx
Ashur: ENFJ 3w2 so/sp
Varro: ESFP 6w7 sx/so
Illythia: ESFP 4w3 so/sx
The Legatus Glabor: ENTJ 8w9 so/sp

Last edited:
S

Sniffles

Sounds probable, just curious why ISFP for Spartacus?

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Sounds probable, just curious why ISFP for Spartacus?

He seems for the most part very driven by his morals and doing what he consideres to be right, even if it is against the common morality of Roman society; case in point:

Disobeying the Legatus in order to save his people, rebeling against Doctore and well just about everyone when he feels like it, guilt and anger towards those who die in the series (not naming names lest I spoil for someone), etc.

Also, Se usage seems obvious (considering that he's a skilled fighter and womanizer) and I see virtually no Te in him what-so-ever.

S

Sniffles

When did Spartacus womanize in the series? He's very devoted to his wife and even rejects the advances of one girl sent by Batiatus's wife to seduce him.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
When did Spartacus womanize in the series? He's very devoted to his wife and even rejects the advances of one girl sent by Batiatus's wife to seduce him.

In a flashback it revealed that he had sex with many women before he ever met Sura, IIRC.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Whoa, who would expect only NFs to like Spartacus. :)
My guesses:
Spartacus: ISTP 6w5
Batiatus: ESTP 8w7
Doctore/Oenomaus: ISTJ 1w9 (agreed)
Lucretia: ESFJ 2w3
Crixus: ESTP 3w2 (agreed)
Ashur: INFJ 3w2
Varro: ESFP 6w7 (agreed)
Illythia: ESFP 3w4
The Legatus Glaber: ENTJ 8w9 (agreed)

Last edited:

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Oh I must've forgot that part.

At least I think that part was in the series, or maybe I'm thinking of some other series :thinking: I'll have to look into that actually (although beyond that he's still aux Se).

Whoa, who would expect only NFs to like Spartacus. :)

Even NF's can feel a little bloodthirsty at times. Or in my case, all the time :devil:

My guesses:
Spartacus: ISTP 6w5
Batiatus: ESTP 8w7
Doctore/Oenomaus: ISTJ 1w9 (agreed)
Lucretia: ESFJ 2w3
Crixus: ESTP 3w2 (agreed)
Ashur: INFJ 3w2
Varro: ESFP 6w7 (agreed)
Illythia: ESFP 3w4
The Legatus Glaber: ENTJ 8w9 (agreed)

Why ISTP for Spartacus? ESTP for Batiatus? INFJ for Ashur?

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Even NF's can feel a little bloodthirsty at times. Or in my case, all the time :devil:
mwa ha ha! You NFs keep surprising me. :D

Why ISTP for Spartacus?
He is way too laconic and dry to be an Fi-dom. He hardly gets emotional. While he is smoother than the typical ISTP badass, he still has the essentials.
ESTP for Batiatus?
Hedonist: check, impulsive: check, fun: check, overconfident: check :D
He doesn't have the leader profile. Most of his achievements can be atributed either to blind luck or Doctore.
INFJ for Ashur?
This article explains better:

''The many faces of INFJ''
http://www.intpforum.com/showthread.php?t=7016
The Cobra:

“OoOoOoOo, That’s a bingo!”

INFJs are not necessarily only good for long-range planning and being a visionary. They can be pretty damn scary when using that Ni and Fe for manipulative purposes.
The Cobra uses their Fe to be playful and seductive to get people to disarm and loosen up, all the while keeping a close Ni look on what is going on, drinking in as much information as possible with Se, and reserving their actions until their Ni tells them the perfect time to strike. And when they do, they go straight for the jugular. The name “Cobra” comes from the posture they sometimes take with their head upright and eyes narrowed, still, and looking straight forward onto their prey. Cobras make perfect secret agents and interrogators, which is why many of them are. They can read their subjects with uncanny accuracy and know just what to say and exactly how to act to get what they want out of anyone. Sometimes they can even get people to admit to crimes they didn’t even commit; luckily they know when they are lying too. Ever heard a person who could talk their way out being charged for murder? They were probably a Cobra INFJ. Don’t get charmed by the smile, watch the eyes, if you get strung along by their hypnotic Fe display, they fucking got you where they want you. All INFJs have a little bit of Cobra in them, what you do with it is entirely up to you. For the most part it is actually a defense mechanism, and they will embody the cobra for a quick escape when trouble arises.

Fictional Examples: Col. Hans Landa (Inglourious Basterds), Jarlaxle Baenre (Forgotten Realms, The Dark Elf Saga), Bill (Kill Bill)
Real-Life Examples: Bjork (Seriously.)
To sum, I think the bad INFJ manipulation is more sophisticated than the bad ENFJ's.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
mwa ha ha! You NFs keep surprising me. :D

It's important to remember how unpredictable we truly are ;)

He is way too laconic and dry to be an Fi-dom. He hardly gets emotional. While he is smoother than the typical ISTP badass, he still has the essentials.

He never seemed that laconic or dry to me, although I don't tjink that those exlusive traits alone rule out Fi at all. Also, he does get emotional at times, quite often, but overall is more driven my his own personal values and ethical veiws than internal logical principles.

Hedonist: check, impulsive: check, fun: check, overconfident: check :D
He doesn't have the leader profile. Most of his achievements can be atributed either to blind luck or Doctore.

The Se is there, but I don't think that someone who anticipates the potential behind things (his faith in Spartacus) as well as being a mastermind at planning and manipulation while envisioning himself as a the great man that he can become, could be Ni inferior. Also, when he acts out under stress, it's often in the form of severe and psychotic emotional outbursts and even more reckless behavior; tertiary Se and inferior Fi.

This article explains better:

''The many faces of INFJ''
http://www.intpforum.com/showthread.php?t=7016

To sum, I think the bad INFJ manipulation is more sophisticated than the bad ENFJ's.

Looks interesting, I shall give it a read later :yes:

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The Se is there, but I don't think that someone who anticipates the potential behind things (his faith in Spartacus) as well as being a mastermind at planning and manipulation while envisioning himself as a the great man that he can become, could be Ni inferior.
He had a big ego. He wanted to be better than his father, to have his own statue, and to be a senator. Overall, 8w7 ESTPs tend to look like ENTJs in this aspect, except that ESTPs are bad long term planners. They are good improvisors. Batiatus was very flexible. He tended to keep options open and he usually listened to Lucretia and Doctore. The bet on Spartacus was pure luck, and his reasons for buying him were pretty dumb. Not to mention the price paid. Also, he didn't think very much about the cost/benefit before buying Spartacus, it was a very impulsive decision. All he had in mind was the main games. If I didn't convince you now I give up already. :D

You have good points on Spartacus. It is hard to imagine a ISFP 6w5 but if such creature existed it probably would be more or less like him. lol

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
"CAPUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"
crixus.jpg

Fuck, how I miss this phrase!

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
He had a big ego. He wanted to be better than his father, to have his own statue, and to be a senator. Overall, 8w7 ESTPs tend to look like ENTJs in this aspect, except that ESTPs are bad long term planners. They are good improvisors. Batiatus was very flexible. He tended to keep options open and he usually listened to Lucretia and Doctore. The bet on Spartacus was pure luck, and his reasons for buying him were pretty dumb. Not to mention the price paid. Also, he didn't think very much about the cost/benefit before buying Spartacus, it was a very impulsive decision. All he had in mind was the main games. If I didn't convince you now I give up already. :D

Ok, I think I could see Batiatus as ESTP under this reasoning, although I'll consider ENTJ a close second :yes:

You have good points on Spartacus. It is hard to imagine a ISFP 6w5 but if such creature existed it probably would be more or less like him. lol
True that :D

"CAPUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"
crixus.jpg

Fuck, how I miss this phrase!

I concur :laugh:

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Upon rewatching the series in celebration of the new season coming out soon, I have noticed a few errors in my typings that I will now fix:

Batiatus: ESTP 3w4 so/sp SLE
Lucretia: ENFJ 2w1 sx/so EII/IEI*
Crixus: ESTP 3w2 sx/so SLE

I'm probaly wrong in a few of the other typings as well, so I may be posting some more altered types once I'm finished rewatching the first season (in addition to whatever information I can gain from the characters from the new season).

*Not sure on socionics type; she seems like an Fi user, with EII being a good possibility, but that would make her a conflicter with Batiatus, which of course isn't possible because they clearly love and get along with each other. IEI on the other hand might make more sense given that it's the dual to SLE, and perhaps her manipulating people through certain interpersonal bonds could just be creative Fe.

Billy

Crazy Diamond
MBTI Type
INFJ
Batiatus is a social climber, which indicates some level of Fe, he is a schemer and a planner and he doesn't impulsively spend money he quickly seizes opportunity with it, he uses it like a tool thats Te IMO the way he uses it. He also gives me an N feel, because he is playing many games with many people at the same time and setting up long term future plans.. I would say he is an ENTJ.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Batiatus is a social climber, which indicates some level of Fe, he is a schemer and a planner and he doesn't impulsively spend money he quickly seizes opportunity with it, he uses it like a tool thats Te IMO the way he uses it. He also gives me an N feel, because he is playing many games with many people at the same time and setting up long term future plans.. I would say he is an ENTJ.

Actually I intially thought he was ENTJ, but [MENTION=13260]Rasofy[/MENTION] made a pretty good argument for ESTP. Rewatching the series however, I could both types as somewhat valid in each respect. I'll need to ponder more on this.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
CAPUAAAAAAAAA!
:duel:

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Now that I think about it, Spartacus might actually be ISTP, not ISFP as I previously thought; he seems to possess inferior Fe considering that he mostly rejects his social role and the social values of the gladiators in favor of his own standards. I'm actualy not sure on the Ti/Fi divide, but Ji dom and Se aux seems most likely. Socionics wise, he seems like an ESI, although this is only a maybe.

[MENTION=4212]Peguy[/MENTION], you have been summoned.

Upon rewatching I was originally mistaken; Spartacus was not a womanizer nor was it ever specifically mentioned in his flashbacks with Sura. I must have confused that fact with a character of a similar TV series.

dbathaei

It is true that Batiatus heavily resembles an ENTJ, but it is proven otherwise in his nature. ENTJs have a tendency to not only take control of the situation, but to do so with their own rules. Their secondary Se and Fi make sure that they give high value to events and incidents. For an ENTJ, it would be impossible to digest a matter of betrayal. An ENTJ would never react how Batiatus did towards his wife's affair. Only people with strong Ti can deal with the matter on a purely logical basis, one that an ENTJ lacks in the face of abnormal circumstances. I believe he is an ESTP not only because of this, but also the fact that ENTJs have to spend heavy time and energy to scheme, But ENTPS and ESTPS do so swiftly without any fatigue caused to them. Now we all know that Batiatus was heavily influenced by his Se as he sought power and position and riches and "the heavens themselves" So he is definitely not a primary Ne type. The only thing that heavily resembles an ENTJ in him is the fact that instead of climbing his way up the ladder, he chose to pave the way for himself... that is SO ENTJ. But it is crucial to keep in mind the time period and the era he lived in. It is true that ESTPs play the game right, but as we've all observed, famous ESTPs have a tendency to fight their way and prove everyone wrong sometimes bending the very reality of the gameboard. E.g. Muhammad Ali, Donald Trump.I believe Batiatus' everlasting thurat for greatness that led him to make way for the impossible was caused by his father and his belittling of Quintus. In my opinion he is a true ESTP to his core.