• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Types of your favorite artists

S

Stansmith

Kanye West - ISFP 6w7 - 3w2 - 9w1 Sx/Sp

Morrissey - INFP 4w3 - 5w6 - 1w9 Sp/So

Frank Ocean - ISFP 9w8 - 4w3 - 7w6 Sx/Sp

The Weeknd - ISFP 9w8 - 4w5 - 6w5 Sx/Sp

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Marlon Brando: ENTJ 8w9 Sx/Sp
Alain Delon: ENTJ 7w8 Sx/Sp
Angelina Jolie: ENTJ 6w7 Sx/Sp
Kylie Minogue: ESFP 6w7 Sx/So
Rihanna: ESFJ 9w8 Sx/Sp
Axl Rose: ENFP 6w7 Sx/So
Ozzy Osbourne: ENFP 6w7 Sx/Sp
Brad Pitt: ISFP 7w6 So/Sx
Katharine Hepburn: ESTJ 1w9 Sx/So
Robbie Williams: ENTJ 7w6 So/Sx

B

brainheart

Kurt K was a 5w4. He was very moody and introspection of feeling, but he was not into displaying moods dramatically. But he was shisoid and stingy.

You could say the same thing about lots- if not most- Fi dom 4w5s, unless you're talking about art, where the moods come out. Kurt had some pretty intense vocals. If that's not a dramatic display of mood, I don't know what is.

As far as schizoid and stingy goes, yes, that also comes out in the unhealthy levels of 4w5.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You could say the same thing about lots- if not most- Fi dom 4w5s, unless you're talking about art, where the moods come out. Kurt had some pretty intense vocals. If that's not a dramatic display of mood, I don't know what is.

As far as schizoid and stingy goes, yes, that also comes out in the unhealthy levels of 4w5.

He also had unawareness oh his emotions. And that's 5w4, not 4w5.

B

brainheart

He also had unawareness oh his emotions. And that's 5w4, not 4w5.

Yeah, now if that's the case that points to 5w4. (I should add that I think Kurt was likely a 5w4, not 4w5, I was just pointing out that 4w5s can be like that, too.)

Nymphie

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Liz Phair ISTP 9w8 sx/sp
Mike Patton ENTP 7w6 (Not quite sure about the enneagram)
Kurt Cobain INFP 4w5 or 5w4
Fiona Apple INFP 4w5
Gwen Stefani ENFP 7w6
Jimmy Urine (of Mindless Self Indulgence) ESTP 7w8 sx/so
Jhonen Vasquez INTP 5w4

...See a pattern here?

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
authors/poets/playwrights:
Ian McEwan - INFJ 5w4 sp/so
Franz Kafka - INFJ 5w4-4w5-1w9 sx/sp
Kate Chopin - INFP 4w5
Virginia Woolf - INFJ 4w5 so/sp
Ursula Hegi - INFJ, certainly INFx at least
William Shakespeare - INfP 4w5 (heavy wing)
George Orwell - INTJ? 6w5
Aldous Huxley - INTJ 5w6? 6w5?
Graham Greene - not sure. I've seen him typed as INFJ
Tony Kushner - INFJ
Sylvia Plath - INFJ 4w5 sx/sp
Octavio Solis - NF, probably 4w5

comedians:
Bill Hicks - ENTP cp6w5 sx/so
George Carlin - ENTP cp6 or 8w7, probably so/sp
Russell Brand - ENFP 7w8?-4w3-8 sx/so

filmmakers and screenwriters:
Alan Ball - INfJ 5w4. INtP is possible too.
Joss Whedon - ENFP 6w7
Francis Ford Coppola - ENTP 7w8
Sofia Coppola - INFJ 9w1-4w3-? sp/sx
Alfonso Cuaron - not sure; I've heard INFP
Guillermo Del Toro - INFx 4 or 9w1
Takashi Miike - INTx or ISTP

actors:
Johnny Depp - INFP 4w5 sx/sp
Kate Winslet - ENFJ 4w3 so/sx
James Woods - ENTP 7w8
Michelle Williams - INFP 9?
Daniel Day-Lewis - INfP 5w4

musicians:
Tori Amos - iNFP 4w3-7w6-8w9 sx/so
Fiona Apple - INFP 4w5-6w7-8w9 sx/sp
Thom Yorke - INfJ 5w4-4w3-1w9 sp/sx
Jonny Greenwood - INxP 5w6 or 9w1
Billy Corgan - iNFJ 3w4 or 4w3
Kurt Cobain - INFP 5w4-4w3-8w7 sx/sp
Bjork - IsFP 9w1-4w3-7w6 sx/sp
Kate Bush - INFP 4w3-9w1-(6/7) so/sx
Bob Dylan - IsFP 4w5 sx/sp (I usually see him listed as sx/so though)
Marilyn Manson - xNTP 4w5 so/sp
Trent Reznor - INTJ 5w4 sx/sp
Jack White - INFJ 1w9-4w5-6 sx/sp
Paul McCartney - ESFP, 3w2 probably
John Lennon - eNTP 5w4-8w7-4w3 sx/so
George Harrison - INFJ, I've seen 1w9 sp/sx
Michael Gira - Se & Ni user

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Bill Hicks - ENTP cp6w5 sx/so
ENFP. He's got Fi through the roof. Whenever he's erupting with all that hate and vitriol, it's because one of his subjective values was crossed.

Examples:

Not to mention his extreme adherence to his moral code.

"You do a commercial, you’re off the artistic roll call forever. End of story, OK? You’re another corporate fucking shill, you’re another whore at the capitalist gang-bang. And if you do a commercial, there’s a price on your head, everything you say is suspect, and every word that comes out of your mouth is now like a turd falling into my drink."

Just listen to how he rips Jay Leno to shreds for doing a commercial. Does it sound like his values stem from subjective logic, or subjective ethics?

He points out holes in people's logic and scorns their idiocy, yes, but what his act always come back to is right vs wrong from a moral point of view.

Michael Gira - Se & Ni user

I agree that Michael Gira is some kinda Ni/Se user, though I find him difficult to pin down. He has always been the leader of the projects he's involved in, providing creative direction, being the primary songwriter and set out to fulfill his own vision. I think this points primarily to xNTJ. My tentative typing would be INTJ 8w7 sx/sp. The amount of Se in his work suggests ENTJ, but I don't think he leads with Te. The whole physical and visceral aspect of his music could be augmented by his enneagram, since E8's are very grounded and anchored in their body. I also think the recurring themes of power and submission, childhood and innocence, anger and sadism, as well as the purely excessive elements of his music (the bludgeoning mountains of sound, the mind numbing repetition) points further to 8.

sx/sp because "intense" would be an understatement. He never cared for "scenes" in music and even stop shows when he feels the audience engages in mindless group behaviour, like moshing or headbanging.

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Yeah, Bill Hicks was an ENFP. One of my absolute favorite people, too.

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
Hans Zimmer: INFP 9w1 with heavy Ne
Marilyn Manson: INFJ 4w5
Lykke Li: INFJ 4w5
Tchaikovsky: INFP 4w5
Mozart: ESFP 7w6
Macklemore: ENFP 7w6
Robbie Williams: ESFP 7w6
Howard Shore: INFx 4w5
John Powell: ISFP 9

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
These guys are pretty convinced he was an ENTP : http://www.celebritytypes.com/blog/2013/06/enfp-vs-entp-george-carlin-and-bill-hicks-compared/

My all time hero. Right up there with Carl Sagan.

My favorite Hicks routine : "looks like we got ourselves a readah !" Comedy gold :)
Yeah. But they're wrong. :D

Let's go through their arguments one by one:

Makes use of unremarkable yet precise language - language as the means to an end
Hicks has never made a point of using precise language or touched upon language in his act. The closest he got to that is the routine you mentioned: "Not what am I reading, but what am I reading for?".
And yeah, language is a means to an end for him - He's a goddamn comedian. That's like pointing out a bus is a means to an end for a bus driver to transport people from one destination to another. It's a requirement of the job. :rofl1:

Frequently attacks the logic of others: "People say 'Bill, quit talking about Kennedy, man. Just let it go, alright? It was a long time ago, just forget it'. I'm like, alright, then don't bring up Jesus to me."
Pointing out curious inconsistensies isn't exclusively Ti... I do it all the time. And there's a shitload of Fi moments in his act. The ones I posted above, to mention a few.
It's not difficult to make fun of people when they're being irrational. But what really makes him explode isn't people's faulty logic, it's people's shitty morals.

More heavy-handed and serious, going on rants that despair at humanity - a 'crying clown'
"Scratch any cynic and you will find a disappointed idealist."
- George Carlin

;)

Tries to engage the audience's critical faculties: "Someone [said]: 'We don't go to comedy to think!' [I thought]: Gee! Where do you go to think? I'll met you there! We don't have to do this here!
Yeah... He was an intelligent person with a lot to say, spending a good chunk of his career performing in front of people who where too dumb to get it most of the time. Imagine being up on stage every night, trying to spread what you believe is an important message (his routine often acted as his soapbox), only to be met by vacant faces and even getting bottles hurled at you. He felt alone and increasingly bitter about the fact that people didn't listen. And all of this because he refused to adapt to mainstream audiences and compromise his act, damning him to perform at shitty bars in rural Alabama. He clinged to his integrity until the very end.

Cares about humanity in the abstract, but is alienated by actual people: "You want to communicate with people, you want to connect with everybody... [But] people suck. That's my contention."
See above.

And what does this prove, except that he had a hard time finding an audience? If anything, it points to Fi, because of his staunch refusal to modify his act so people would be more receptive to it.

I'm not usually sure about famous people's types... But I won't budge on this one. :laugh:

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
[MENTION=11809]unsung[/MENTION] : yeah that's pretty solid :D
Love the Carlin quote.

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ENFP. He's got Fi through the roof.
Could be. He did often seem to use logic in service of ethics/subjective values, rather than having a 'logic for its own sake' attitude like a T. I'm leaning towards ENfP now; a few of those clips you posted almost epitomize the weirdly awesome conniption fits/Te-smackdowns that righteously angry FPs unleash on people.

I have the biography American Scream laying around somewhere, and after I'm finished reading it I'm going to revive the Bill Hicks thread.

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Could be. He did often seem to use logic in service of ethics/subjective values, rather than having a 'logic for its own sake' attitude like a T. I'm leaning towards ENfP now; a few of those clips you posted almost epitomize the weirdly awesome conniption fits/Te-smackdowns that righteously angry FPs unleash on people.

I have the biography American Scream laying around somewhere, and after I'm finished reading it I'm going to revive the Bill Hicks thread.
Cool. :)

Care to share your thoughts on Michael Gira? He's a very interesting person and one of my favorite artists.

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Cool. :)

Care to share your thoughts on Michael Gira? He's a very interesting person and one of my favorite artists.

I don't know anything about him outside of his art - that's why I couldn't type him beyond the Ni/Se I recognized in his music and lyrics. I just recently got into the Swans, and I love it. The Seer is probably one of the rawest, most visceral and Dionysian music I've ever heard - it's exhausting to listen to, but in a good way.