• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Comedians

fripping

MBTI Type
nerd
he's a famous movie star known for wild mood swings, ad-libbing movie scenes and wearing novelty hats during golf tournaments. he's been caught smuggling pounds of weed and driving a golf cart drunk. sure an intp could do any of those things, but would they spend a whole lifetime like that?

would an intp likely choose to sing karaoke with a random group of people out of the blue?

kbxcomix

Louis CK: INxP

Louis CK is an ENTP. Remember ENTPs can seem Introverted. His humor tends to rely on making up dark surreal situations(both his show and his stand up have this quality) which is an Ne tendency, he also loves breaking everyday situations into dark bits which is a Ti quality.

if that doesn't convince you check out his recent interview on Conan
http://teamcoco.com/video/louis-ck-interview-george-w-bush

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
he's a famous movie star known for wild mood swings, ad-libbing movie scenes and wearing novelty hats during golf tournaments. he's been caught smuggling pounds of weed and driving a golf cart drunk. sure an intp could do any of those things, but would they spend a whole lifetime like that?

would an intp likely choose to sing karaoke with a random group of people out of the blue?

I still don't have an opinion one way or the other as to his type but alchole and party drugs can make a INTP do weird shit.

fripping

MBTI Type
nerd
I still don't have an opinion one way or the other as to his type but alchole and party drugs can make a INTP do weird shit.

my point is he does that kind of shit incessantly. they're not occasional episodes, he is constantly hogging the spotlight and doing weird shit (outside of hollywood). read all about him on wikipedia if you're not convinced.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Louis CK: INxP

Louis CK is an ENTP. Remember ENTPs can seem Introverted. His humor tends to rely on making up dark surreal situations(both his show and his stand up have this quality) which is an Ne tendency, he also loves breaking everyday situations into dark bits which is a Ti quality.

if that doesn't convince you check out his recent interview on Conan
http://teamcoco.com/video/louis-ck-interview-george-w-bush

Eh, sort of. Louis observes moments that exist and prods them and takes them to darker places, or looks at society around him and comments how he feels about them IMO. Patton Oswalt (who is an ENTP) is more prone to making up situations, people and ideas. His show makes up more (it has to by its very nature), but is still more often rooted in a sense of realism (one episode even largely mocks how unrealistic sitcoms usually are as he attempts to start a 90s sitcom and can't). It can venture off into surreal territory, but I don't know if I'd call that its default.

I don't see your point with the interview. I've seen that and several other interviews he's given, and he does the same thing consistently: as much of the interview as possible consists of prepared bits. That isn't a knock, it makes for funnier and more enjoyable interviews than most people give. But most of the questions are Conan setting him up for stories and bits. The NY question is general, but he hones in on the Bush story, which I can't imagine he tells off the top of his head. Between bits, he leans back and puts his hands in his laps. He withdraws. He's been doing bits for interviews for a while.

Have you heard his album "Hilarious"? Well, look at this interview that took place before that album came out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r1CZTLk-Gk

If that's any indication, I'll bet one or more of those stories ends up on that album he plugs at the end.

That's a bit that later shows up on the album. He has very little real, unscripted banter and almost all prepared bits and stories. For a real ENTP comedian interview, watch an interview with someone like Ricky Gervais, who constantly riffs off the cuff with the interviewer.