• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Courage the Cowardly Dog

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I loved this cartoon. :)

Courage: INFP p6w7 sx/sp

Muriel: ISFP or ESFJ 9w1 so/sp

Eustace: ISTP 4w5(?) sp/sx

Computer: INTP 7w8 sx/sp

Katz: INTJ 5w4 sp/sx

Thoughts anyone?

I'll add more later/edit incorrect ones.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Loved this 'toon. :D

A few suggestions:

Courage - ISFJ? He seems to enjoy a mellow, routine lifestyle... :thinking:

Muriel - ISFJ (she doesn't exactly stand out much, I think, but she's very caring)

Eustace - xSTJ 6w5? (the grumpy old man who likes fixing stuff around the house; when he tries to win a million dollars, all he can think about doing with it is buying new buckets, fixing the stairs, refurbishing the attic... XD)

Computer - ENTP? He's confined to the attic, but it's clear that he wants to get out.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Loved this 'toon. :D

:D

Courage - ISFJ? He seems to enjoy a mellow, routine lifestyle... :thinking:

Plausible; I typed him Fi dom becuase it seems to me that his sense of ethics is completely internal driven, along with his Ne spurts (imaging what may happen to Muriel) and his routine Si. Although with Si dom, that might work too; he seems rather traditional in his methods to save Muriel, in fact, ESFJ could also make sense, since his Ne could be tert (considering how uncanny it is + being only used while stressed) and Fe could be possible (he does do what's right at times even if he doesn't like what he has to do :thinking: xSFJ could work :yes:

Muriel - ISFJ (she doesn't exactly stand out much, I think, but she's very caring)

Ta=hat could work as well :yes:

Eustace - xSTJ 6w5? (the grumpy old man who likes fixing stuff around the house; when he tries to win a million dollars, all he can think about doing with it is buying new buckets, fixing the stairs, refurbishing the attic... XD)

Agree with STJ, but 4, or disentegrating 1, seem more likely; from what I remember of the show, Eustace is constantly envious and jealouse of others; like Courage getting attention and love from Muriel or his brother being better than him at everything. He constantly wallows in bitter emotion but desire what other have (or at least a compensation, such as vast wealth). I may have to rewatch some episodes though for ruther information.

Computer - ENTP? He's confined to the attic, but it's clear that he wants to get out.

Possible, although given the nature of his episode where he takes over Muriel's body, ESTP could be possible, or ENTP :thinking:

You two are like two peas in a pod. :laugh:

No way! Viridian actually said the exact same thing about me and him once! :D

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Courage: ISFP? 6w5 So/Sx
Muriel: ?SFJ 1w9 Sx/So (compare to Dame Joan Sutherland)
Eustace: ESTJ 8w7 So/Sp

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Courage: ISFP? 6w5 So/Sx
Muriel: ?SFJ 1w9 Sx/So (compare to Dame Joan Sutherland)
Eustace: ESTJ 8w7 So/Sp

Why 1w9 sx/so for Muriel and 8w7 so/sp for Eustace?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why 1w9 sx/so for Muriel and 8w7 so/sp for Eustace?

Muriel: because her demeanor is a lot like many 1w9 Sx/So examples I've come across. Joan Sutherland for instance is a lot like Muriel

Eastace: angry, rigid and demanding. in a larger social setting he would want to dominate/take control of everyone and make sure they did what he wanted them to

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Muriel: because her demeanor is a lot like many 1w9 Sx/So examples I've come across. Joan Sutherland for instance is a lot like Muriel

I'm skeptical about typing somebody based off similarities to others though; I think an individual analysis will yeild a more clear result. Also, from what I understand, 1w9 tends to be more rigid and cold, but Muriel is extremely sweet and caring and doesn't seem to show any behavioral patterns that are highly principled nor perfectionist; I mean she's fairly forgiving for the most part. She could be 2w1; the wing 1 factor is still there though, although in general I'm going to have to analyze her in some key episodes for integration/disintergration points later.

Eastace: angry, rigid and demanding. in a larger social setting he would want to dominate/take control of everyone and make sure they did what he wanted them to

Seems palusible :yes:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm skeptical about typing somebody based off similarities to others though; I think an individual analysis will yeild a more clear result. Also, from what I understand, 1w9 tends to be more rigid and cold, but Muriel is extremely sweet and caring and doesn't seem to show any behavioral patterns that are highly principled nor perfectionist; I mean she's fairly forgiving for the most part. She could be 2w1; the wing 1 factor is still there though, although in general I'm going to have to analyze her in some key episodes for integration/disintergration points later.
Seems palusible :yes:

I think she's either 1w9 or 9w1 Sx/So or So/Sx, but mostly off of intuition

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think she's either 1w9 or 9w1 Sx/So or So/Sx, but mostly off of intuition

I'd go with 9w1 so/sx in that regard. Although basing something off intuition alone isn't entirely trustworthy imo.

boughtmeawalkman

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I don't think there's any way Muriel has a judging side. She's always open to going new places and understanding other people's views of life. She's also very cultural - playing her instrument and travelling all the way to I forget where for some ingredient.

And I don't think she's introverted. She may live away from many but whenever someone comes a long, she's quick to welcome them and got upset with Eustess when she thought she was scaring away a new neighbor? There are such people who are extroverted but prefer to stay at home - my ex was that way, but was typed as an ENFJ. Eustess clearly would be in comparison because he never welcomes any guests and prefers to keep to himself whether there are people around or not. So far, I think that would make her EXXP.

She's definitely sensitive to other people's feelings and tries to help them through their problems. EXFP.

So if what I said holds any credibility, she'd either be an ENFP or an ESFP. I'm not so good at telling the difference between N and S, but reading the ENFP description, she sounds a lot more like one of them to me. : /

As far as Eustess goes, I agree with everything except him being a perceiver. His judgment is very fixed and perceivers are known as free-spirited. This would also make them complete opposite personalities and you can see from watching that this is very true of them.