• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Leonardo da Vinci - ISTP ?

Usurper

So it seems that on most sites Leonardo gets typed as an INTP, despite him having written down some abstract thoughts, his main talents and interests lay in anatomy, engineering, painting, mechanical etc stuff.
This is a quote from wikipedia
Leonardo's approach to science was an observational one: he tried to understand a phenomenon by describing and depicting it in utmost detail, and did not emphasize experiments or theoretical explanation
Sounds very Sensor-ish to me, what do you think ?

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENTP.

Exploring in detail is Si, and observation is the P.

Jaq

Remember, Humanity.
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
P without a doubt, T? Yeah sure why not? N? Meh debateable E / i? Not going to agure there as I have no idea about the personal life of learnado.

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
I've seen him typed as ENTP on a few sites, which seems fitting to me.

I can see E because I read that he loved to party. The fact that he had multiple intellectual interests fits ENTP. ENTPs can appear introverted sometimes, and can enjoy spending more time alone than most extroverts.

wolfy

awsm
I can see how he could be istp. I'll have to find some interviews on youtube.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
Google: Charlie Rose & Leonardo Da Vinci. I'm sure you'll find some enlightening interviews.

wolfy

awsm
Google: Charlie Rose & Leonardo Da Vinci. I'm sure you'll find some enlightening interviews.

Thanks, they were enlightening. I especially liked the one where Rose spilt coffee on Da Vinci's notebook. Whoops. An obvious istp from what I can gather.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If you look at Leonardo da Vinci's notebooks, you see that he was a man of endless details, observations, and experiments, as well as being very mechanical in nature. He was a dreamer, but also a doer. I vote ISTP.

PrimrosePopinjay

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Definite ITP- from what I've read, spent LOTS of time by himself. Not sure on S/N

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Definitely a Rational over an Artisan. Inventor Rational, specifically.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I change my vote to INTP, because he wanted to know everything and was unprecedentedly curious, a universal architect of creation and imagination.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Fiona Bruce gives us an introduction to the master and a possible secret of his in sexy style!

b016xjq6_640_360.jpg

Pansophie

MBTI Type
INXX
Enneagram
INTP

I vote NTP as well. He was too much of an inventor to really be much else.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Was Leonardo introverted or extraverted? He was either an Inventor or Architect rational, though I will lend I slight possibility to Crafter artisan.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
“Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.”
― Leonardo da Vinci
“Iron rusts from disuse, stagnant water loses its purity, and in cold weather becomes frozen; even so does inaction sap the vigors of the mind.”
― Leonardo da Vinci
“The artist sees what others only catch a glimpse of.”
― Leonardo da Vinci
“Patience serves as a protection against wrongs as clothes do against cold. For if you put on more clothes as the cold increases, it will have no power to hurt you. So in like manner you must grow in patience when you meet with great wrongs, and they will then be powerless to vex your mind.”
― Leonardo da Vinci
“He who thinks little errs much…”
― Leonardo da Vinci
“All sciences are vain and full of errors that are not born of Experience, the mother of all Knowledge.”
― Leonardo da Vinci, Leonardo's Notebooks
“Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes!”
― Leonardo da Vinci
“once you have tasted the taste of sky, you will forever look up”
― Leonardo da Vinci, Leonardo on Painting: An Anthology of Writings by Leonardo Da Vinci with a Selection of Documents Relating to His Career
“A poet knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.”
― Leonardo da Vinci
“While I thought that I was learning how to live, I have been learning how to die.”
― Leonardo da Vinci
“He who possesses most must be most afraid of loss.”
― Leonardo da Vinci
“God sells us all things at the price of labor.”
― Leonardo da Vinci
“He who loves practice without theory is like the sailor who boards ship without a rudder and compass and never knows where he may cast.”
― Leonardo da Vinci
“Obstacles cannot crush me; every obstacle yields to stern resolve.”
― Leonardo da Vinci
“I have offended God and mankind because my work didn't reach the quality it should have.”
― Leonardo da Vinci
“life without love, is no life at all”
― Leonardo da Vinci
“All our knowledge has its origin in our perceptions”
― Leonardo da Vinci
“Our life is made by the death of others.”
― Leonardo da Vinci