• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Everyman

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What type (most common anyway) is the stock Run-of-theMill Everman present in not only fiction but reality as well?

Here's what I think:

ESFJ pr6w7 > 9w1 > 3w2 so/sp

As I see it, the everyman is someone whom is actively engaged in and dependent on his external social sphere; his morals and way of life derives from the culture that he lives in. His daily routines are ordinary and custom, based on reliable tradition.

He's focused primarily on security; of both his own and those in society. He often relies on the law to uphold such security, although phobic 6 could work as well. He also cares about his peace of mind, with a touch of moral perfection as well. At work he's concerned very much with image, working hard at what he does for recognition.

Thoughts?

Offog

MBTI Type
INTP
That's Nietzsche's last man. Everyman characters tend to be quiet, hardworking ISTJs.

Usurper

My only thought is that everyone should be working toward such life, a humble rational stoic existence.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
That's Nietzsche's last man. Everyman characters tend to be quiet, hardworking ISTJs.

Good point. :yes:

My only thought is that everyone should be working toward such life, a humble rational stoic existence.

I disagree; such a life is not one that I want to live, nor is such a life like that good for everyone.