• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Celebrity Personality Types

KDude

From what we know (assuming none of us know him personally), what does Colbert do that's Se leading? I don't see it in his humor or presentation. And don't just say it's just an opinion. That's fair and all, but at least make some shit up. It's more fun that way at least.

For example, if I were to make up my own reasoning, then I would say that people who develop humor like his have gotten that good at it from a lifetime of skills in deflection and sarcasm. ESPs tend to be more in your face and straightforward than that. Their humor reflects it.

See that was easy ;)

amerellis

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4/9
Ah, there always exists a slight inclination to one dichotomy over the other and to pinpoint them is where we test our accuracy and precision of what we know of the mind processes and the jungian functions that follow with such.

Well in that case I'm an 'I' which I definitely am not, but hey that's what I test as right? :p
For your information, what you test as isn't necessarily your true type. If it was, there would be no confusion over ppl's true mbti.

Yes, I would agree the character since it's based on Bill O'Reily who is an ESTJ. I would think the man is an INTP or ENTP.

do you guys just think all S's are dumba$$es or something?
he's an ETP for christs sake. ESTPs can be EXTREMELY intelligent (hell any type can be), especially with language. They often excell at foreign languges and can make excellent writers. What, you think his jokes are too clever for an S to come up with? first of all he has writers, and second of all, NO. jezus, ESTPs are funny, most all the ones I've met. clever humor and one of the dominant functions as Ti tend to go together. Also, while he is mocking patriotic machoism and all that crap, he does it awfully well. :p ESTP males I've met also have kind of played up the gender stereotype, poking fun at it but also kind of going with it as well, sometimes 'playing' the jerkish idot you love to hate.

[MENTION=9214]KDude[/MENTION] : my explanation :p

Also, I can really understand why you would think Bill O'Reily is an ESTJ, but he's actually an INFP with a well developed ESTJ side. You can tell because he's a bit more wound up than ESTJs normally are. I'm not saying ESTJs don't know how to talk but their extroverted functions usually make them a bit more laid back in speech.

To see first hand an example of what I mean here's a clip of Bill OReily. compare with clips of R Kelly and P!nk, ESTJs, and I think you'll see what I'm saying. Oh an Cher is also an INFP so I'll add her to the mix.

Cher: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Z2ud1GqmYo

Bill O': http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwLqqEzT6rg

R Kelly: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsSrdcSBL9I

P!nk: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OC7Ij_NNa7E

Last edited by a moderator:

KDude

For the record, I don't necessarily think ESTPs are dumb at all. One of my best friends is probably one. I'm not sure if you're accusing me, but I'm not going to get bundled in with that, if I can help it. My comment had nothing to do with calling anyone dumb.

amerellis

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4/9
For the record, I don't necessarily think ESTPs are dumb at all. One of my best friends is probably one. I'm not sure if you're accusing me, but I'm not going to get bundled in with that, if I can help it. My comment had nothing to do with calling anyone dumb.

oh no, i was reffering to VVV who thought he had to be an N.

KDude

I type Bill O'Reilly a Whiner. Like just about any political pundit. I don't think it's type related.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well in that case I'm an 'I' which I definitely am not, but hey that's what I test as right? :p
For your information, what you test as isn't necessarily your true type. If it was, there would be no confusion over ppl's true mbti.
But it's never about what you test as. Tests also use the same folk typological ways to determine one's type but in specific manners. Determining type is about how you experience life in your mind. The first function you use is mostly determined by how you automatically and naturally process information received from the external or internal world.

VeniVidiVici

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
do you guys just think all S's are dumba$$es or something?
he's an ETP for christs sake. ESTPs can be EXTREMELY intelligent (hell any type can be), especially with language. They often excell at foreign languges and can make excellent writers. What, you think his jokes are too clever for an S to come up with? first of all he has writers, and second of all, NO. jezus, ESTPs are funny, most all the ones I've met. clever humor and one of the dominant functions as Ti tend to go together. Also, while he is mocking patriotic machoism and all that crap, he does it awfully well. :p ESTP males I've met also have kind of played up the gender stereotype, poking fun at it but also kind of going with it as well, sometimes 'playing' the jerkish idot you love to hate.

No, I don't think Sensors are dumbasses. I just don't see how he uses Se at all.

amerellis

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4/9
No, I don't think Sensors are dumbasses. I just don't see how he uses Se at all.

O ok. It's just that I know some Ns who do, usually NTs, and it's SO obnoxious and dumb/wrong. Uhm, you don't see how he uses Se? first of all what are your perceptions od Se? If you think Se = in your face that's not really correct. While a lot of ESTPs I meet online are the type to call everyone a 'fag' and employ pretty immoral shock tactics in their humor, ENTPs often are guilty of the same shit. Stephen has said that after his dad died he just started reading constantly sci fi books, which is a usually N dominated category in literature I would think. So that might have helped sharpen his N. But . . . I mean it's kind of difficult to explain how he uses the Se function but it is very clearly there in his humor. I guess a sort of example is that usually ST/NFs EST and INF in particular, use metaphors to describe things. You can see him using a metaphor, "head beam of justice" in the above clip. Yeah, I know that's not the most solid of explanations. But yeah idk . . . I'll try to think of other examples but . . . it's pretty hard to describe.
Ok reffering back to the clip, you know how he makes the 'no spin zone' joke? a literal interpratation . . . that seems pretty ST. I mean it doesn't have to be but. . . k next . . .
'pinker than an indian river grapefruit' lol, this just strikes me as Se. no?
'Jesus Christ or Pat Robertson's protein shake?' lmao that strikes me as very Se as well. I guess because it uses a very specific example. Nes are usually focused on patterns, the big picture, while Ses focus on things more individually so thinking up specific funny examples like that might be more common among Se humor? However, I can think of examples of Nes using this type of humor as well so maybe this isn't the best evidence . . .
Oh, ok I think I've got a legit example of SeTi at work in how he is so good at picking up turns of phrases and sayings, like "pull the wool over their eyes" and "the sugar that makes the medicine go down." This is something ESTPs are almost known for, picking up turns of phrases and the like and using them.

KDude

"Direct" humor isn't calling someone a "fag". It's more along the lines of sassiness or swagger. Something like that. It's their whole personality.. not just something they say occassionally. Off the top of my head, I think Rossane Barr is more of an ESTP comedian than he is. The same type of personality is elsewhere, like in Mae West or Madonna (even though they're not comedians). Colbert's a different kind of underhanded wittyness. Not sure how to put it atm. For one, he mocks things with a mask, like Sascha Baron Cohen. And I don't think people employ humor like he does by being a type that tends to address everything head on instead.

In any case, type is a lot more subtle than equating Se with someone who speaks "specifics" and addresses common objects. Someone who talks about a poodle or saltshaker wouldn't necessarily be Se. If that was the case, N types would have to be completely mute. They couldn't employ any words for any of their concepts because they'd be so deep and expansive..the world couldn't be good enough, since everything can be stripped down and addressed in specifics.

amerellis

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4/9
"Direct" humor isn't calling someone a "fag". It's more along the lines of sassiness or swagger. Something like that. It's their whole personality.. not just something they say occassionally.
Sassiness or swagger? lol that's putting it kindly. I usually interpret people who constantly use the word 'fag' as an insult to be ignorant idiots. :p Although, I do have a good ISFJ friend who does this often.
Anyway, I'm not sure why you said this. Do you think ESTPs often use the word 'fag'? Some dickish ones do but like I said before jerkish ENTPs often will as well. You can extend that to any TP or to any other type really.

Off the top of my head, I think Rossane Barr is more of an ESTP comedian than he is. The same type of personality is elsewhere, like in Mae West or Madonna (even though they're not comedians). Colbert's a different kind of underhanded wittyness. Not sure how to put it atm. For one, he mocks things with a mask, like Sascha Baron Cohen. And I don't think people employ humor like he does by being a type that tends to address everything head on instead.
I agree with all the typing of all the examples you gave as ESTP. However, I think it's funny you mentioned Sascha Baron Cohen because I would consider him an ESTP as well. Your assumption that ESTPs like to adress everything head on is pretty correct, but sometimes by having a 'mask' allows them to do this even better.
Also, what you are saying about having an underhanded wittiness, I think that goes with him playing a satirical character, and similar wittiness can also be found in Sascha's humor. Also, I would say that Stephen Colbert is just clearly extrodinarily quick and intelligent so if he seems more clever than other ESTPs come off, that could be why.
In any case, type is a lot more subtle than equating Se with someone who speaks "specifics" and addresses common objects. Someone who talks about a poodle or saltshaker wouldn't necessarily be Se. If that was the case, N types would have to be completely mute. They couldn't employ any words for any of their concepts because they'd be so deep and expansive..the world couldn't be good enough, since everything can be stripped down and addressed in specifics.
Yeah, I agree as I mentioned in my earlier post, I realised that wasn't true just for SPs but any other type as well. I said, "However, I can think of examples of Nes using this type of humor as well so maybe this isn't the best evidence . . ." which I meant to mean "Forget what I just said. I take it back." :p

KDude

I thought I was clear.. that they don't necessarily call anyone "fag". That's not what being direct is about. Unless you're homophobic and/or a child. Anyhow, besides that, we're mostly on the same page.

I think Baron Cohen may be a strong Ni type myself. ENFJ or ENTJ. It helps that he looks Freddy Mercury anyways (just ignore me.. I'm not really serious).

Sol_

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Here's just a list of celebrities I've typed.

Lady Gaga- ENFJ - ENTP
Rihanna- ENFJ - INTP
Katy Perry- ENTP - ISTP
Scarlett Johansson- ESTP - ISFP
Natalie Portman- ESFJ - ENFP
Tina Fey- INTJ - ENFP
Robin Williams- ENTP - ISFP
P!nk- ESTJ - ESTP
Amy Winehouse- ISFP - ENTP
Britney Spears- ISFP - ENFP

that's all for now. may add more later.

Nice. Gather next 100 and let us see them.

amerellis

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4/9
hmm I think I was wrong about Robin Williams' typing. He's definitely an F. :/ oops.
and Tina Fey actually seems more like an INTX.

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
robin williams was way more funnier when he was snorting cocaine off urinals.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
if you've got the energy and inclination to attempt explaining to me again about the estp-enfj business i'd appreciate it.

amerellis

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4/9
Billy Joe (leader singer of Green Day)- ISTJ
Julia Stiles- INFJ
Joseph Gordon-Levitt- INFJ
Heath Ledger- XXXX closest to INFJ, ESTJ and ESTP
Daniel Radcliffe- INFJ
Emma Watson- ENTP
Rupert Grint- ESTP