• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Good Wife

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I looked for a thread on this and couldn't find one. I can't think why; its a brilliant show and is probably my favourite one right now. Fingers crossed they don't screw it up in the 3rd season.

Anyway, its a show that has strong, distinct characterisation, and a fascinating variety of characters, even within the smaller parts - so it will be interesting to discuss them:

Alicia - INFJ
Will - ENTP
Diane - EXFJ
Peter - ENTJ
Kalinda - INTP
Cary - ISTP
Eli - ESTP
Grace - ISFJ
Zach - XSTP

Jackie Florrick - ISTJ
Owen - ENFP
Glenn Childs - ISTJ
Wendy Scott-Carr - ISFP
Becca - EXTX
Blake Calamar - ISTP
Derrick Bond - ISFJ
Andrew Wiley - ESFJ
Louis Canning - EXTP
Natalie Flores - ESFJ

rmrf

Not sure if bumping is ok (but why make a new thread?)

Alicia: INFJ
Peter: ENTJ
Grace: INFP (maybe ISFP)
Zach: ISTP

Diane: ENTJ (with well-developed inferior Fi)
Will: ENTP
Kalinda: ISTP (with good tertiary Ni, and poor inferior Fe, INTP is also possiblity)
Cary: ESTP

Kurt McVeigh: ISTJ or ISTP
Jackie: ISFJ (Maybe ESFJ?)
Eli: ExTJ
Lemound Bishop: ENTJ (very stereotypical one)
Louis Canning ENTP

Can't be bothered typing all of them, but quite a few of the various ADAs are ISTJ

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I love this show. But why on earth do y'all think Alicia is INFJ? It seems incredible to me that she would be a feeler.

rmrf

I see a lot of Feeling in her, both in terms of internal feeling, and a connection to others. She also is among the more 'human' than many of the lawyers on the show, and is good at using her emotional connection with her clients in the pursuit of the case. A lot of her astuteness seems to be Ni over Ti. More simply, it seems like many of the characteristics of INFJs seem congruent with her.

How much of the show have you watched. Will be a little bit cryptic as don't want to give a major spoiler; did you see her reaction to an 'unforeseen event' that was a sudden plot-twist. She reacted in a very INFJ manner.

Of all the fictional characters I've attempted to type, she is certainly one of the trickiest, and I think a good case could be made for quite a few other types, so would be interested in hearing what type others think.

rmrf

i was very new to typology when I last posted my typings of the characters, and with the new season, I think this thread deserves a bump. I'm fairly confident in my MBTI types, but my Enneatypes may be a bit tentative

Alicia Florrick: INFJ 612
Alicia superficially resembles an ISxJ, her very internal cognitive dissonances, paradoxes, and intuition for reading into people seems consistent with Ni. Ni is hard to really put into words, you just pretty much know it when you see it, and the Ni-Ti, and Ni-Fe apparatuses are quite distinctive in her. As far as enneagram goes, she's got a complex interplay between 6 and 1. Instinctual stack is quite tricky, but would guess so/sp

Peter Florrick ESTP 837
I've always seen him as the inverse of Alicia. I could see why some may type him as ENTJ, but I disagree that he is Intuitive, especially when you see him with Eli (ENTJ). I think what may appear as Te is actually Se. He seems like he lives in the moment rather than a larger plan.

Eli Gold ENTJ 87x
Eli captures the essence of the ENTJ type better than almost all others on TV. He is clearly Te incarnate, understanding how to manipulate and shape their environment, knowing the effect of actions, and how to act to achieve an end. Ni is often described as "synthesizing seeming paradoxes to create the previously unimagined", and this is quite fitting for Eli's Ni. He intuitively synthesizes paradoxes/contradictions to work out the ulterior motives of others. Unlike ESTJ Si, he is maverick, and doesn't seek a tried and true formula, he will do anything it takes, any means necessary. His Se is evident in communication, both in being highly animated and aggressive in the moment, and his business charm. He takes in the concrete facts of the moment. Lastly, his Fi is very repressed, but there are a few episodes where we see it.

Zach Florrick INTP 5w6 sp/sx
Always seen him as INTP, Ne apparatus can be seen in the earlier episodes where he does DIY investigation. Think probably 5w6

Grace Florrick INFP 497 sx/so
She definitely seemed like an INFP when she was a kid and the focus was on the Fi-Ne 'finding herself', e.g the religion etc.
Now in the latest season her character has changed a lot, and is far more adult and the focus is on Ne-Te. So perhaps eNFP in this season.

Lewis Canning ENTP
I love episodes with him, Michael J Fox plays the perfect rat bag. Very skilled at using the Ne-Fe apparatus to hustle. Has a Ti justification of his cynical actions.

Jason Crouse ESTP
Only been on the show for a few episodes, but so far, can see a Se-Ne apparatus.

Lucca Quinn ISxJ
Been a new character, don't have a lot to go with, but seems Si dom

Kalinda Sharma ISTP 5w6 sx/sp
Diane Lockhart ENTJ
Will Gardner ENTP 873
Cary Argos ESTP 386
David Lee ESTJ 86?
Derrick Bond ExTJ
Jonas Stern ENTP

Glenn Childs ENTJ
Matan Brody eSTJ
Patti Nyholm ExTJ