• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Presidential Hopefuls' Types

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
LOL. I'm thinking those against a particular candidate are refusing to allow a two-preference similarity between he and themselves.

"No way is McCain NT, he's an ass!"

I don't think he's an NT, because he just doesn't act like an NT. I think Rush Limbaugh is an ass, but I could totally believe that he's an NT (even an ENTP). On the other hand I have a fair amount of respect for McCain. I just think he's a respectable ESTP.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I don't think he's an NT, because he just doesn't act like an NT. I think Rush Limbaugh is an ass, but I could totally believe that he's an NT (even an ENTP). On the other hand I have a fair amount of respect for McCain. I just think he's a respectable ESTP.
The only other type I would consider reasonably possible for McCain is ISTP. He has all the typical introvert characteristics. That said, I still think INTP is much more appropriate. Your mileage obviously varies.

His behavior "under stress" seems very INTP to me. Disagree?
YouTube - Straight Talk Express

And here, as far as I'm concerned, it's easy to tell he's contemplating things (in the style of an INTP), as opposed to trying to remember a list of buzzwords.
YouTube - Aboard the Straight Talk Express with John McCain

The Grey Badger

MBTI Type
INTP
Did you watch the debate? He accused Obama of not knowing the difference between strategy and tactics, listed some things in which he considered himself the better strategist - and they were all tactical! ESTP.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Did you watch the debate? He accused Obama of not knowing the difference between strategy and tactics, listed some things in which he considered himself the better strategist - and they were all tactical! ESTP.
Because INTPs don't make mistakes?

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
The only other type I would consider reasonably possible for McCain is ISTP. He has all the typical introvert characteristics. That said, I still think INTP is much more appropriate. Your mileage obviously varies.

YouTube - Straight Talk Express

And here, as far as I'm concerned, it's easy to tell he's contemplating things (in the style of an INTP), as opposed to trying to remember a list of buzzwords.
YouTube - Aboard the Straight Talk Express with John McCain

Well I definitely get the I vibe from him out of that video. I don't really know how to recognize T or N in isolation, and this clip is too short to get a really good overall feel for his personality, so that's the furthest I'll venture for him.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Well I definitely get the I vibe from him out of that video. I don't really know how to recognize T or N in isolation, and this clip is too short to get a really good overall feel for his personality, so that's the furthest I'll venture for him.
I'm going by type categorization, as in "He acts like INTPs act." It could in other words be described with functions, such as Ti-Ne. Few would argue that McCain is better than Obama at corraling the masses, which could be attributed to something such as Fe in Obama. But functions aren't directly observable.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP

Yeah I disagree. In those links I can see Ti pretty clearly, but I don't see any N. I still think he's ESTP, but I could also see ISTP. I tend to think his lack of energy comes from him being old and having physical difficulties from the torture. His background suggests ESTP more, but I could still see him being ISTP. Either way he's no N.

Because INTPs don't make mistakes?

Not mistakes like this. Making a mistake involving a definition is the type of thing an INTP normally corrects others on.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'd guess McCain as ENTJ and Obama as ENTP.

ENTJ is the classic Presidential type, even George W Bush is an ENTJ (ENTJ doesn't mean you have to be clever!).

George W. Bush is very clever, but he's not ENTJ.

McCain and Limbaugh are both SPs. While we're at it, so is Hannity. And Reagan.

S

Sniffles

paul.jpg

Ron Paul - INFJ

Well this would explain alot, not least of which of why I support him. :D

Elsewhere I heard INTJ.

Kristiana

MBTI Type
INTJ
Clinton's not INTJ. She's not any sort of introvert, and I don't see N in her either.

The Grey Badger

MBTI Type
INTP
Newsweek had a long discussion of the differing temperaments of McCain and Obama, which made it very, very plain that McCain's some sort of SP and Obama's some sort of NT. For McCain, I'd go with ESTP, and for Obama, my impression is, INTJ. I may be wrong, of course, but their core temperaments are very clearly delineated.

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
McCain: ISFP
Obama: ENTJ (Seems P as he keeps his options open, but this could be just being a good politician)
Palin: ESFJ

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
You surprise me with your bias, dyna.

McCain: INTP, less likely ISTP
Obama: ENFJ
Palin: ESFP
Biden: ENTP

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
You surprise me with your bias, dyna.

McCain: INTP, less likely ISTP
Obama: ENFJ
Palin: ESFP
Biden: ENTP

McCain MIGHT be ISTP. He might be ESTP. The rest of those = FAIL.

Obama = INTJ masquerading as an NF
Palin = ESFJ sorta trying to be an SP "I'm a maverick!"
Biden = ESTJ also sorta trying to be an SP.

soleil

MBTI Type
ENFP
Barack Obama

I'm not sure whether he's an ENFP or ENFJ? I've seen him listed as one on an ENFP group site. He seems like an ideal ENFP. I apologize if this was done already :-X. Opinions.