• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Presidential Hopefuls' Types

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Aren't ENF's often sort of more introspective and all that moreso than other E's?

At first I would think that ENT's are more introspective, but I might agree with you.

But I'd like to hear some of the reasons why people think he's a E.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I would think that ENFPs are more introspective than ENTPs, because for the ENFP to make decisions, they must look within to what they value.

Not sure about Js.

heart

heart on fire
At first I would think that ENT's are more introspective, but I might agree with you.

But I'd like to hear some of the reasons why people think he's a E.

I can't buy INFJ because male INFJ always seem to have this other-worldly look in their eyes and "I come with a sword and not a peace" (totally hot btw), they are like never totally engaged in this world. Obama doesn't give me that vibe.

He also comes accross as too J to be INFP. INFP who starts appearing J will have a hard Te dictatorial edge and he doesn't ...he has this Fe/Ti feel to him. He seems most like EFJ.

MissUnderstood

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
He's been described as a slightly nerdy, awkward, and aloof person. I think his orator skills might make people assume he's an E, but in more personal settings, he's not quite as comfortable.

You've just described me. I love people and I love talking to people but I can come off quite awkward and aloof because of my iN.

Aren't ENF's often sort of more introspective and all that moreso than other E's?

Yes. People confuse me ALL THE TIME for an introvert just because Im not as extraverted as.. lets say... an ENFP, or ESFJ. Its so annoying.

Obama is Enfj to the max.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I can't buy INFJ because male INFJ always seem to have this other-worldly look in their eyes and "I come with a sword and not a peace" (totally hot btw), they are like never totally engaged in this world. Obama doesn't give me that vibe.

He also comes accross as too J to be INFP. INFP who starts appearing J will have a hard Te dictatorial edge and he doesn't ...he has this Fe/Ti feel to him. He seems most like EFJ.

I think P politicians will often come across as J, because to be a politician you have to project sureness, decisiveness, and resolve. So the way he acts during a speech could just part of the act.

Have you looked at either of his books? Assuming he didn't use ghostwriters, which I doubt, I could definitely believe he's an introvert. INFJ's tend also to be very idealist, which there's no doubt Obama is.

heart

heart on fire
ENFJ are also idealists, but more Fe geared in their visions. We have some fine examples here on the board, Pink, Looking4bestinU and Protean. They are idealists.

Clinton was P and didn't come accross as J.

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'd guess McCain as ENTJ and Obama as ENTP.

ENTJ is the classic Presidential type, even George W Bush is an ENTJ (ENTJ doesn't mean you have to be clever!).

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Clinton was P and didn't come accross as J.

Yeah that's true. But it's not like he ever showed uncertainty much and a reluctance to come to conclusions. Maybe when you have a 160 IQ and are great with people you don't need to act like a J to get people to follow you.

heart

heart on fire
Yeah that's true. But it's not like he ever showed uncertainty much and a reluctance to come to conclusions. Maybe when you have a 160 IQ and are great with people you don't need to act like a J to get people to follow you.

P means inner directed in judgement not indecisive.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
P means inner directed in judgement not indecisive.

J/P is about how people relate to the outside world, and P types tend to keep options open more than J's, I don't think it necessarily means indecisive.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Look up ^ for my previous reasonings.

It's important to consider he was a military man, and not a PhD in Astro-physics. Lest we forget the impact environment has.

If you look at his stances on issues, they're NT/SP, but his consideration of all available input, among other things, leads me to have a solid opinion of INTP for the man.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
Overall I'd say

Obama - ENTP

McCain - ESTP

Hillary - INTJ

Johnny Cash - ISTP

If you look at his stances on issues, they're NT/SP, but his consideration of all available input, among other things, leads me to have a solid opinion of INTP for the man.

Considering all available input is a trait of a dominant perceiver. This reason you give actually means that he can't be an INTP.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Considering all available input is a trait of a dominant perceiver. This reason you give actually means that he can't be an INTP.
Oh he can't? Sorry I blew up about it then. /sarky. Or perhaps I could phrase it better and say "sees all sides of the issue."

He's also a slight space cadet, one more for INTP in my mind.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Wouldn't a typical SP want to be a space cadet for the adventure?
I could only see SJs objecting.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
no way, no way, no way!
McCain is the poster boy for ISTJs!

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
LOL. I'm thinking those against a particular candidate are refusing to allow a two-preference similarity between he and themselves.

"No way is McCain NT, he's an ass!"

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
LOL. I'm thinking those against a particular candidate are refusing to allow a two-preference similarity between he and themselves.

"No way is McCain NT, he's an ass!"

and your point is?